Robbed at Disney

shelleylea

Our safe was robbed this last week, they took about $325. Everything was very neat, it didn't even look like there was anything out of place. On Tuesday before we left for the parks, we took out some cash, and on Wednesday when we went back for more, there was several bills missing. When we talked to the front desk, they said that they would check the work orders to see if another key was made. Does this happen alot?!??!?

cdunbar

It seems strange to me that they are saying that there is nothing they can do... I mean you would think something like that which can posion a companies rep would be taken much much more seriously. I understand that there are those out their who might lie or make a false aqusation it seems to me that something as simple as searching the lockers the house keepers on that floor use or their carts would be a rather simple process. I mean one would think that Disney would have some kind of record that you know such and such cleaned room 1133 at Pop on the 12th of april 2007(example). Intersting...o and I am very sorry that anyone thinks you are making this up the manner of your writting leads me to believe that you are being completley honest in said situation. I do hope that this doesn't ruin your future disney experiences....:eek:

Upvote 0

SallyfromDE

They could really just watch to see if there is a pattern. To just go and search a maids cart, well, they'd set themselves up for trouble. In a sense, it's saying the maid actually did something, if they didn't.

Upvote 0

IROC it

My wife's cousin had a watch and some other items taken from the safe on her honeymoon (in Sept. '05)...

They went to the desk, reported it...

Later that week it mysteriously "reappeared" back in it's place.

I guess when the heat was applied, someone got "convicted" in their conscience...

They reported that it was back... I'm sure the cleaning crew were questioned again thoroughly after they left.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

DH and I usually carry Traveler's Checks. We don't like carrying cash and pay for most of our things ahead of time (resort, transportation, tickets, etc.)--so the majority (suvineers and food), we use our Traveler's Checks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom