Roaming Garbage Can In Tomorrowland

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
There was a post somewhere on here that asked if the roaming garbage can in Tomorrowland was still around. I didn't know if it was, but I found a picture of it last night that I wanted to post. I couldn't find the original thread though.
But here's the picture anyway!

If you've met the garbage can post your story!

The first time I had ever seen him I was walking through tomorrow land and all of a sudden I bumped into a garbage can. I thought I just wasn't paying attention and I kept going. Then I bumped into it again... so I knew something was up. (I had never heard of this thing before) It followed me until I crossed the bridge!

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 214

Hank Scorpio

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Wooo hooo! Yep, it was me who posted a thread asking about it!

Thanx for the photo - hopefully I will bump into 'Push' The Garbage Can when I visit WDW in Sept! :D

WDW1971

That's funny. Does someone have the job of sitting in some high viewing spot and running it by remote control? That would be a fun job to have for a day...:D

A mobile trash can. Now that is just too funny. I can't wait to see it. I don't think I am going to tell my fiancé about it, I want her to think she is going crazy. LOL!!!!

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
To answer your question, there's a Cast Member who actually is always nearby it. He's usually standing very casually with his hands behind his back :)

WANNABE@WDW

talking garbage can

the talking garbage can is great! we stumbled on to it by accident. i have great video footage of my dd (5) answering a trivia question. the garbage can asked her what the mice called cinderella. after she answered correctly the can asked for a hug!
because my dd had a guest of honor badge the can knew her name... it went off singing "i got a hug from sarah" my dd daughter was thrilled. disney magic is everywhere you look, and sometimes even where you don't!!!

DCL

I've never see this trash can before... but you can bet that I'll be on the lookout for it when I go in May!!

WANNABE@WDW

talking garbage can

i forgot to mention on my previous post that during the remainder of our trip my children would walk up to trash cans and try to engage them in conversation! They didn't seem to mind that they didn't talk back... they just kept on searching for other talking garbage cans! it became a game to them... our own "disney quest"

boling

The first time we saw the "can" was in AK back in Nov 2001. It was in the kids area with petting zoo that you get to by taking the train(sorry I don't remember the area name). The kids were all amazed at it and thought it was the coolest thing. The CM controlling it was standing in tourist type clothing with a hat and would put his hand up to adjust his sun glasses when he wanted to talk into the mic in his sleeve.

The can spoke in a almost kid like robot voice. It would follow someone for a minute and then when they would turn around it would stop. With kids it would ask them their name or make a comment about something thier wearing.

Its a very nice touch and I hope they continue to use them more in the parks. The little ones and even some of us adults get a big kick out of seeing them and the interaction of the guests.

Oh what people can come up with when given the right backing! (Disney pay attention, there's more to parks than just coasters!!!!)

imagineerfan

When i was at AK around the fourth of July, there was a moving, talking palm tree near the main gate. He talked to me and squirted me with water. It was so funny. Even the other guests who were not with my party got a kick our it. :lol:

Chernabog

For reference. There is a talking trashcan (usually at Magic Kingdom in Tommorowland or at Rafiki's Planet watch at Animal Kingdom), a talking plam tree (front gate of Animal Kingdom), and a talking fire hydrant (usually in Townsquare at Magic Kingdom). These are the only animate inanimate objects I know of right now. Anyone seen anything else?:lookaroun

TTA Traveler

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
To answer your question, there's a Cast Member who actually is always nearby it. He's usually standing very casually with his hands behind his back :)

The same type of guy controls R2-D2 in the moviestars and motorcars parade....he walks in the parade in a starwars getup with his hands behind his back....!! :)

Stellajack

Originally posted by Sean23
Here is a link I posted a while back showing the guy controlling the trashcan.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1812

I remember this picture! My DH and I met "PUSH" on the bridge to Tomorrowland. He just rolled along on his little wheels singing "Zipadeedodah"! He stopped in front of us to visit with people for awhile. I believe he makes regular daily appearances in Tomorrowland.

BUZZ BABE 34

PUSH!!!!!!!

push is the bestest thing in tomorrowland and since i work there i see him alot. hes so awesome and i think the top attraction in the whole park!!!!!i love push hes so cool and hes real:)

Besides "Push" the trash can in MK and DAK, the palm tree at DAK, the Fire hydrent, there used to be two "bushes" in Camp Minnie Mickey in DAK. Currently the bushes are on hiatus though, their contract wasn't picked up again last I heard. But they sometimes bring them back for holiday's and busy times. They are located just before the first merchandise stand in camp.

There is also a water fountain in EPCOT that talks, but it says the same thing everytime you hit the button for water. Though she's not a "talking" plant or trash can, check out the "vine" lady who crawls around DAK usually between Africa and Asia. She's a lot of fun to see, and if people don't notice her when they are walking by, they freak out when she moves, and its pretty funny!

troberts1

We have seen the talking can a few times.the first time was in 2001 at AK,he came up to my son and said hello muscles.my son 5 years old at the time still talks about it and laughs his head off everytime he tells someone about it.

wannabeBelle

I met Push for the first time about a year ago!!! He actually sang happy birthday to me as I was wearing my birthday button. I was so touched that I gave him a kiss on the top of his head(Can?) anyhow he started runinng around saying "I have a girlfriend, I have a girlfriend!!!" he then left me to go pick up some college chicks!!! Isnt that just like a trash can??? Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom