RnRc Retheme?

ToTBellHop

Wonder if the allegations of plagiarism are scuttling the Olivia Rodrigo reskin of this roller coaster
I snuck into The Zach’s office and found these cutouts:

A3F7A782-DF8F-4F83-B178-0921970CCD50.jpeg
73715B6A-3415-4564-97CA-EB0A2B9F3E2D.jpeg
1630461220433.jpeg

The intent is clear.

RSoxNo1

I had this thought as the song came up in my car today, but I would anticipate Disney will remove the Back in the Saddle / Dude Looks Like a Lady track.

While Aerosmith will defend the song as having a few lines like "never judge a book by it's cover", the song has been accused of being transphobic. In situations like that, I'm actually a little surprised it's still currently playing in the park.

dman1373

I had this thought as the song came up in my car today, but I would anticipate Disney will remove the Back in the Saddle / Dude Looks Like a Lady track.

While Aerosmith will defend the song as having a few lines like "never judge a book by it's cover", the song has been accused of being transphobic. In situations like that, I'm actually a little surprised it's still currently playing in the park.
Eye roll city

EPCOT-O.G.

Given the allegations against Steven Tyler, the inferences in his music should be the least of Disney's problems

TikibirdLand

An interesting development occurred that I didn’t even know about until it was mentioned in passing in a YouTube video. Aerosmith‘s entire catalogue will become Universal’s in 2022.

Not sure how much this effects the coaster but was shocked to not see it mentioned here.
Opportunity for a re-theme to the Blues Brothers. We'd swap something-something with Uni to get it. That way, WDW can use the trashed out Bluesmobile as the theme. EPCoT is already there. At least there'd be some really great music!

Robbiem

Could you use Howard Stark for a 1940s themed marvel retheme like Agent Carter or would that break the Uni deal?

PizzaPlanet

An interesting development occurred that I didn’t even know about until it was mentioned in passing in a YouTube video. Aerosmith‘s entire catalogue will become Universal’s in 2022.

Not sure how much this effects the coaster but was shocked to not see it mentioned here.
Maybe they'll trade the Aerosmith theme park rights for Marvel 🤪

Disneyson

Still think this is top candidate for an Incredibles-themed thing. They have TWO golden statues in this park of an IP not yet really represented in the park and I imagine it’d be a quick fix to do a re-theme. At least the babies on the sticks wouldn’t have to show their poles in the dark.

Surferboy567

Still think this is top candidate for an Incredibles-themed thing. They have TWO golden statues in this park of an IP not yet really represented in the park and I imagine it’d be a quick fix to do a re-theme. At least the babies on the sticks wouldn’t have to show their poles in the dark.
I actually wouldn’t mind that, probably going to get crucified for this opinion but I think a incredicoaster with more theming can be compelling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom