RnRc Retheme?

Bartattack

I posted this before a few years back:

1628077270184.png

Just do a Rocketeer retheme and you can keep the Hollywood 1930's style... Rocketeer 'n' Rollercoaster

TikibirdLand

View attachment 577198

Just do a Rocketeer retheme and you can keep the Hollywood 1930's style... Rocketeer 'n' Rollercoaster
I so wish there was a Rocketeer presence in the parks. It's disappointing that Disney never followed up on this movie. And, I did hear about the lame attempt at a kids show version that was brewing at one time. That's not what I'm talking about!

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I so wish there was a Rocketeer presence in the parks. It's disappointing that Disney never followed up on this movie. And, I did hear about the lame attempt at a kids show version that was brewing at one time. That's not what I'm talking about!
The Rocketeer was a good movie with a great soundtrack that never did very well at the box office. I don't think the powers-that-be will revisit this dated IP...

Robbiem

no......black panther was trash.....c level tier superhero

I know it was popular but didn’t like Black Panther either. Some really bad acting from a bunch of people trying to sound like Nelson Mandella. On a par with Burt in Mary Poppins. It did have a different setting though compared to a lot of the city settings of other movies so it could make a decent area of a park, but I’d rather see Asgard if I had a choice

cookiee_munster

View attachment 577198

I don't hate this :)

But i think the age and the general lack of pop culture presence it has is a bit of a bad choice.

That being said... The Twilight Zone isn't really one of those shows that everyone has seen or is hugely popular. I guess all it takes is someone with enough enthusiasm and vision to really push for something that didn't make a billion at the box office or being something people quote from on a daily basis.

Kirby86

I don't hate this :)

But i think the age and the general lack of pop culture presence it has is a bit of a bad choice.

That being said... The Twilight Zone isn't really one of those shows that everyone has seen or is hugely popular. I guess all it takes is someone with enough enthusiasm and vision to really push for something that didn't make a billion at the box office or being something people quote from on a daily basis.
I don't know the 50s Twilight Zone is one of those things that still reverberates pop culture to this very day. Even if someone hasn't seen an episode of The Twilight Zone they have seen something that is either referencing or parodying it. Plus reruns are still on the air. As for the attraction being based on it. If Tower of Terror was being built today there is no way Twilight Zone would be the theme. Tower of Terror was built at a time where box office success wasn't a prerequisite for park attractions.

dman1373

Box Office grosses and reviews disagree with your assessment.

Wakanda / Black Panther is the biggest singular IP Disney has at their disposal right now.
The same great reviews that the star wars sequals got. We all know why it got those reviews.....come on.

DCLcruiser

Just make it ever changing music from Disney Records portfolio. Update the pre-show to not be artist specific. I'm tired of Aerosmith. I've been on the ride since soft openings in 1999.

Movielover

Just make it ever changing music from Disney Records portfolio. Update the pre-show to not be artist specific. I'm tired of Aerosmith. I've been on the ride since soft openings in 1999.
Disney has never done well with their "easy to update" rides. Star Tours was meant to be updated every so often but that did not happen for almost 18 years. I think the most successful constantly updated attraction has been Hall Of Presidents just because that has to change with the times. Maybe also Tower of Terror with the updates to the drop profiles.

If they were to drop Aerosmith (boo) and make it non band specific what would the story change to? Would they have to make it like the original Paris version where its more of a "in a music video" sort of theme?

DCLcruiser

Disney has never done well with their "easy to update" rides. Star Tours was meant to be updated every so often but that did not happen for almost 18 years. I think the most successful constantly updated attraction has been Hall Of Presidents just because that has to change with the times. Maybe also Tower of Terror with the updates to the drop profiles.

If they were to drop Aerosmith (boo) and make it non band specific what would the story change to? Would they have to make it like the original Paris version where its more of a "in a music video" sort of theme?
They just need to update the pre-show video once, and then the ride itself will shuffle through music (which it already does). We are still late to see a concert, with backstage passes, but now it's for a multi-artist concert (or maybe it's a secret underground performance???).

The major difference is that now we are going to hear music from the larger G-Force Records catalogue (Disney), not just Aerosmith.

So, as someone joked, we might be hearing Drivers License while we do a corkscrew loop.

J4546

I say do the spiderman retheme they made a concept for for Paris with the track all outdoors going through a bunch of buildings. Thats if they kept the coaster

Bartattack

The Rocketeer was a good movie with a great soundtrack that never did very well at the box office. I don't think the powers-that-be will revisit this dated IP...

Actually, there is a new live action movie in the works "Return of the Rocketeer" that is coming to Disney+ (produced by David Oyelowo from Star Wars: Rebels)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom