RnRc Retheme?

J4546

I htink they should tear it down and build something new. Redevelop that entire NW quadrant of the park into something amazing and DHS will be one of the top parks in the country.

Surferboy567

I htink they should tear it down and build something new. Redevelop that entire NW quadrant of the park into something amazing and DHS will be one of the top parks in the country.
Monstropolis would be incredible. Would be such a compelling area.

They will probably just retheme it though down the road.

RSoxNo1

I want to see Wakanda here. A re-theme of RNRC into the MagLev train would make some sense.

DisneyAndADoleWhip

I actually wouldn’t mind that, probably going to get crucified for this opinion but I think a incredicoaster with more theming can be compelling.
And they already have another Pixar attraction nearby. Could be the start of WDW's Pixar Pier/Land.
If we're thinking it's possible, the powers-that-be have got to be thinking about it.

J4546

A bigger modified Pixar Pier would fit in well at DHS imo. I offers a place for Pixar, a pillar of the Disney studios. And a large body of water, something that DHS lacks, as well as a massive new 1 off eticket water based flume ride, something dhs also doesnt have. Something nemo, crush, dory based.

Attachments

• DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 149

Lora Baines Bradley

Call it what you will but after reading about Steven Tyler has done, I feel icky that it’s in the parks.

Even if adopting and impregnating a 16 year old when you were 25 was just “the times” it’s still icky. Not to mention the band is old news.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Call it what you will but after reading about Steven Tyler has done, I feel icky that it’s in the parks.

Even if adopting and impregnating a 16 year old when you were 25 was just “the times” it’s still icky. Not to mention the band is old news.
As much as I love the music (whenever I hear Dream On, it transports me to an early morning in MGM about 15 years ago walking towards the line), this attraction does need to be, and probably will be, rethemed. Disney doesn't want this image, nor should they.

cheezbat

some things at Disney are timeless.......this ride just feels dated and dusty. it wouldn't even cost much to redo the que and add some new props inside to make it feel relevant and fresh.
SOME things at Disney are timeless….

this feels dated…but so does Space Mountain, The Speedway, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, etc…

there are many other things I think that need a change before Rock N Roller Coaster.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
SOME things at Disney are timeless….

this feels dated…but so does Space Mountain, The Speedway, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, etc…

there are many other things I think that need a change before Rock N Roller Coaster.
I'd argue that Rock N Roller Coaster needs to change before those other attractions do... Not just for the controversy that has come up, but also because Aerosmith has no giant impact on Disney or the parks, in comparison.

Retro for Space Mountain works. Speedway is a children's attraction, can't argue with that. Peter Pan is an opening attraction, hence, it gets invincibility points... And even Beauty & the Beast makes more sense to stick around due to its continued popularity as a show and IP (even if its not great).

Rock N' Roller Coaster could literally be re-themed to ANYthing, and it would not lose a single visitor... Because that's how roller coasters/thrill rides work. The thrill rides will always have the longest wait times.. So yea, time to replace RnRC with something more "timeless." More "Disney," if you will. ;)

ImperfectPixie

I'd argue that Rock N Roller Coaster needs to change before those other attractions do... Not just for the controversy that has come up, but also because Aerosmith has no giant impact on Disney or the parks, in comparison.

Retro for Space Mountain works. Speedway is a children's attraction, can't argue with that. Peter Pan is an opening attraction, hence, it gets invincibility points... And even Beauty & the Beast makes more sense to stick around due to its continued popularity as a show and IP (even if its not great).

Rock N' Roller Coaster could literally be re-themed to ANYthing, and it would not lose a single visitor... Because that's how roller coasters/thrill rides work. The thrill rides will always have the longest wait times.. So yea, time to replace RnRC with something more "timeless." More "Disney," if you will. ;)
Aerosmith is a rock band...that first made it big in the late 1970s. Is there a single human in the US that was shocked by the story that came out about Steven Tyler?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom