Riviera

nickys

Premium Member
Just remembered we cannot check it out without staying there. No hopping to the pool to see. Oh well.

1) has Riviera been added to the “no” list for DVC member pool hopping? (I know I could go and search for the page and all, but maybe you already know for sure 😁).

2) is the Monte Cristo only on the pool bar menu?

3) is the pool bar / QS actually within the pool area? I know there‘s a QS restaurant out on a terrace.

4) I cannot for the life of me see the attraction of this! I never knew it was a thing until it was discussed on the GE thread. And definitely not appealing at all. 😳

JaxFLBear

1) has Riviera been added to the “no” list for DVC member pool hopping?
Yes.
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
  • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay

Phonedave

The interiors look absolutely lovely to me.

In contrast, the exterior and outdoor areas (pool, landscaping) look like a tiny, sad, unsuccessful knock-off of Universal Orlando's Portofino Bay resort. Even the concept drawings, which usually make things look bigger and more lavish than they are in real life, look small, sterile and uninviting.

We hope to take a trip on the Skyliner and check it out in person in a few weeks. I'll return here to edit my impressions if the occasion demands.

I like the interiors as well (at least from the pictures). I went by it on the Skyliner before it opened and it does look very stark and nondescript

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The restriction on pool hopping is fairly silly. Why would anyone bother?

However, it is understandable based on the size of the pool. Too small to accommodate any extra guests.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
The restriction on pool hopping is fairly silly. Why would anyone bother?

However, it is understandable based on the size of the pool. Too small to accommodate any extra guests.
Yeah, my thinking as well, also maybe they dont want to have to bother checking cards with people possibly coming over from CBR to try and sneak a dip, just makes it easier for control, if the band doesn't work, no go.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yeah, my thinking as well, also maybe they dont want to have to bother checking cards with people possibly coming over from CBR to try and sneak a dip, just makes it easier for control, if the band doesn't work, no go.
Yep, didn’t think of that. Simplest to just restrict access. Tbh though, the CBR pool is far nicer so
Not sure how many folks would hop over to Riviera.

correcaminos

1) has Riviera been added to the “no” list for DVC member pool hopping? (I know I could go and search for the page and all, but maybe you already know for sure 😁).

2) is the Monte Cristo only on the pool bar menu?

3) is the pool bar / QS actually within the pool area? I know there‘s a QS restaurant out on a terrace.

4) I cannot for the life of me see the attraction of this! I never knew it was a thing until it was discussed on the GE thread. And definitely not appealing at all. 😳
As stated yes no pool hopping to either RR pool

There is a Croque Monsieur at the QS but no Monte Cristo. The Croque Monsieur is a bit better IMO if done right. If not it will suck like BOGs does.

So since I'm lazy and not sure which GE talk, what was the last one in reference to?

nickys

Premium Member
As stated yes no pool hopping to either RR pool

There is a Croque Monsieur at the QS but no Monte Cristo. The Croque Monsieur is a bit better IMO if done right. If not it will suck like BOGs does.

So since I'm lazy and not sure which GE talk, what was the last one in reference to?

Just that I’m sure there’s a Monte Cristo on the menu somewhere at DHS. Might be Toy Story Land now I think about it, not Galaxy’s Edge lol!

The_Jobu

Cafe Orleans in DL has a Monte Cristo that's famous. The one at Bar Riva is supposed to be WDW's best attempt at recreation.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Well, so much for checking it out and trying the Monte Cristo!

I don't think you actually need to access the pool area to go to Bar Riva (the pool bar). I believe it is outside the fence. On the map below, the orange arrow points to the bar. The yellow line is where I think the pool fence is located.

1579183874906.png

JaxFLBear

I don't think you actually need to access the pool area to go to Bar Riva (the pool bar). I believe it is outside the fence. On the map below, the orange arrow points to the bar. The yellow line is where I think the pool fence is located.
Primo Piatto is indicated by the fork/knife to the left (your orange arrow). Bar Riva is indicated by the fork/knife to the right.

1579187020680.png

1579186988971.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom