Riviera

correcaminos

eliza61nyc

No matter where the bar is, I'm skipping this one. They mixed the preserves in the sandwich instead of on the side like it should be. Why did they do that?

Don't know, Could it be because it's premade??

correcaminos

Don't know, Could it be because it's premade??
Not sure if you are being snarky. I know they are premade. Preserves should be a side dip and not mixed in. That makes it not a real Monte Cristo. But Disney failed on TSL version and BOG version of croque monsieur. So not shocked they couldn't get this one right. At least I can get good ones at hine.

Little Green Men

Not sure if you are being snarky. I know they are premade. Preserves should be a side dip and not mixed in. That makes it not a real Monte Cristo. But Disney failed on TSL version and BOG version of croque monsieur. So not shocked they couldn't get this one right. At least I can get good ones at hine.
It tastes just like DL's and the jelly isn't even noticeable in the sandwich

Little Green Men

So has anyone stayed there yet? There are not a lot of pics of the pool area or anything so I am curious. I gotta say for the amount of points they are asking for 1 and 2 bedrooms, I don't know if I can justify a stay right now.
I stayed here and loved it! The resort itself was very nice, the rooms seemed more decorated than the others I've stayed at lately. Topolino's is a great restaurant and the skyliner access is very convenient.

eliza61nyc

No not at all, apologies. I thought maybe because they were premade that it kinda meant they did not want to offer the normal version. I look at it like a lot of popular foods people start adding and subtracting to the point where its not the close to the original. Lol, a friend of mine visited over the holidays from California, of course I took her to get a Philly cheesesteak. the girl asked if she could get it with GOAT CHEESE. I slipped the guy a 10 tip so I'd be able to return without a disguise. ;)

2020, I'm a kinder gentler poster. lol

correcaminos

No not at all, apologies. I thought maybe because they were premade that it kinda meant they did not want to offer the normal version. I look at it like a lot of popular foods people start adding and subtracting to the point where its not the close to the original. Lol, a friend of mine visited over the holidays from California, of course I took her to get a Philly cheesesteak. the girl asked if she could get it with GOAT CHEESE. I slipped the guy a 10 tip so I'd be able to return without a disguise. ;)

2020, I'm a kinder gentler poster. lol
I follow now... wasn't sure so I asked lol. I'm just bummed they couldn't leave it alone lol. I don't need a deep fried sandwich anyway but still bummed.

Goat cheese on a philly cheesesteak? OMG that's funny and yeah, why would you change it to that? My biggest sadness is still over the Croque Monsieur at BOG. It has ham and cheese, that's it. Worst meal I ever had lol
It tastes just like DL's and the jelly isn't even noticeable in the sandwich
Have you had it at Blue Bayou or elsewhere before? I found the preserves too sweet at DL when I've had it. Other places do not even offer preserves depending. I also opt for no powdered sugar for that reason if offered. So if it tastes like it without preserves then that's one thing, but strawberry preserves are even sweeter than blackberries. I hate strawberry preserves because of it that. I just get tired of them adding stupid extras or changing up food.

Little Green Men

I follow now... wasn't sure so I asked lol. I'm just bummed they couldn't leave it alone lol. I don't need a deep fried sandwich anyway but still bummed.

Goat cheese on a philly cheesesteak? OMG that's funny and yeah, why would you change it to that? My biggest sadness is still over the Croque Monsieur at BOG. It has ham and cheese, that's it. Worst meal I ever had lol

Have you had it at Blue Bayou or elsewhere before? I found the preserves too sweet at DL when I've had it. Other places do not even offer preserves depending. I also opt for no powdered sugar for that reason if offered. So if it tastes like it without preserves then that's one thing, but strawberry preserves are even sweeter than blackberries. I hate strawberry preserves because of it that. I just get tired of them adding stupid extras or changing up food.
I've had it at Cafe Orleans several times. They didn't have powdered sugar at Bar Riva, the sandwich wasn't very sweet. It came with parmesan fries or tomato bisque. The bisque was outstanding.

correcaminos

I've had it at Cafe Orleans several times. They didn't have powdered sugar at Bar Riva, the sandwich wasn't very sweet. It came with parmesan fries or tomato bisque. The bisque was outstanding.
I've only done BB. We eat elsewhere instead of CO. So the question is does it taste of strawberry at all though? I'm not sure I can emphasize how much any cooked strawberry taste is not good to me lol. I likely cannot have the tomato bisque pesky issue with onions, but fries are okay.

I'm still lamenting losing a cafe here that served it. Burned down :(

Little Green Men

I've only done BB. We eat elsewhere instead of CO. So the question is does it taste of strawberry at all though? I'm not sure I can emphasize how much any cooked strawberry taste is not good to me lol. I likely cannot have the tomato bisque pesky issue with onions, but fries are okay.

I'm still lamenting losing a cafe here that served it. Burned down :(
No doesnt taste like strawberry much at all. I dont believe there are onions in the bisque unless its in the stock?

correcaminos

No doesnt taste like strawberry much at all. I dont believe there are onions in the bisque unless its in the stock?
Tomato bisque more often than not has onions in it. It's not even in the stock usually (which if a stock I can handle as the proteins are broken down for stocks and then filtered out) but chopped finely and cooked in. Canned don't have it in as much, but I haven't met one at a restaurant I can eat. Kind of sucks.

Little Green Men

Tomato bisque more often than not has onions in it. It's not even in the stock usually (which if a stock I can handle as the proteins are broken down for stocks and then filtered out) but chopped finely and cooked in. Canned don't have it in as much, but I haven't met one at a restaurant I can eat. Kind of sucks.
Interesting. I’ve never noticed it before

EOD K9

I was able to get one night on the back end of my cruise in July. We got a one bedroom as each daughter gets a bed and we can do laundry after the cruise. We try to rotate resorts after each cruise to mix things up every year. Being as we havent stayed there, it adds to a new experience. I'll be interested to see how it goes after we experience it for ourselves. We may love it or hate....we shall see.

I visited opening weekend, and couldn't get over how the building's facade didn't look finished. Some windows had shutters, some had awnings, some had a black filigree below the window, and then there were various combos (shutters+awning, shutters+filigree, etc.), and a few with all three. The windows that had all three, IMO, looked the best and helped advance the theme while the others looked...lacking. Unfortunately, I don't have photos to illustrate.

I couldn't discern any pattern between the different window types, so perhaps some shutters/awnings/filigrees were simply not installed in time for the grand opening and will be added later. Or perhaps this is another case of value engineering away design elements, and they will never materialize. Does anyone know which is the case?

Overall, Riviera isn't my cup of tea, but there are things I like about it. The rooms are beautiful, the Skyliner is both fun and efficient, and those murals are breathtaking. But the pools are nothing special, the grounds aren't transportive to another place/time, and the points chart is absurd. I will likely never use my points to stay at Riviera when the same amount of points (or less!) could be used to stay at a superior resort like one of the Lodges, or a far better location like BLT or BWV.

I currently own at Boulder Ridge and am looking to pick up another contract or two in the next 2-3 years (why does 2042 suddenly seem right around the corner!?). I was hoping to love Riviera so my next buy-in would have a long time until expiration, but now I guess I have to hold out hope for Reflections. Sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom