Riverside or French Quarter ?

pcarathers

We stayed at Riverside in December of 2006...the resort is Beautiful, but we were clear across the other side, so the walk to the food court was LONG....on the plus side....the sidewalks there are manageable and that was a plus with my father being in a wheelchair. The food court was great and the carriage rides in the evening were nice. The French Quarter, however, is the first to pick up and first to drop off on the bus. It is MUCH smaller than Riverside, so that may be a plus to you. Either way, I don't think you will be disappointed. You can also take a boat from either one of these resorts to Downtown Disney that is AMAZING at night....you pass the old treehouse villas that I still wish were available for public use!

Upvote 0

pcarathers

oh, as for the pool, the pool at Riverside is complete with it's own kitchen sink! The French Quarter pool has a Sea Serpent slide...you slide down its tongue. While we were there in December, our kids still managed to go swim. there was also a quiet pool not too far from our room that was nice....empty!

Upvote 0

IRBIWDW

I prefer French Quarter. Riverside is very nice but there is that chance of getting a room quite far from the food court. French Quarter is smaller, so you would be pretty close to food court and bus stop. Plus, it USUALLY is the first pick up and drop off on the bus. I know that can change though. Either one you choose, you will be quite happy. The resort is very nice. Enjoy your trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

eroyee

We love POR but I am sure if you stay at either one you will be happy. You have access to both resorts anyway. The boatride to DTD is really neat. they also have a nighttime carriage ride that is fun and a piano bar man that is really great at nite. enjoy......

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

POFQ is smaller ans little more quaint, POR is large and spread out but really doesn't seem like it dou to it being so beautifull. Ole Man River Island is really nice too.....I think you'll be happy either way...:wave:

Upvote 0

Carolwood

Having stayed at both... Both are very nice. French Quarter is more quiet and not nearly as large and spread out as Riverside. If walking is an issue you'll want to stay at FQ. Both have nice pools, are beautifully landscaped and offer the same amenities. I do like Riverside's food court a little better, however since the resort is so much bigger it can get a bit chaotic at meal times (especially breakfast). Truthfully I don't think you can go wrong at either one, I do think FQ will offer you a slightly more relaxing experience than RS. Have a good time!

Upvote 0

DougK

Riverside.

We'll be there again on Saturday. Even though we never stayed at French Quarter we walked down there several times. For some reason we just like Riverside a bit better. But both are wonderful.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

What are beignets?
They are a French/New Orlean's' version of a doughnut. So YUMMY!!!
They are probably most famous at Cafe du Monde in NO. (Though the service there is ATROCIOUS!)

450px-Beignet.jpg

:slurp::slurp::slurp:
POFQ serves them in the food court area.

Upvote 0

I luv WDW

French Quarter

Being of a similar age, I would recommend French Quarter. It's compact, quiet and beautiful. Riverside is nice, too, but a bit too spread out for those of us who are getting, shall we say, a little older.:p

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I stayed at POR years ago when it was called Dixie Landings. It was so peaceful, quiet and relaxing. I felt like I was in the South with its beautiful buildings that resembe old Southern mansions. Our pool was closed for refurbishment at the time so we took a short boat ride to POFQ. The pool there had a serpeant slide and was fun. POFQ seemed to be more of a fun resort compared to POR. I loved POR. We actually stayed on the side of a "mansion" that was facing a quiet pool. We relaxed there every night by ourselves.

Either or you can't go wrong but POR seemed more quiet to me. We are going next summer and will be staying at POFQ because we have a young one.:wave:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

A huge vote for POR here! I love that place. We are trying the Wilderness Lodge this year. I really had a hard time upgrading to the WL. I felt like I was betraying an old friend by not staying at POR. :cry: I know that sounds crazy, but POR really feels like home to me. I just hope the WL is not a disappointment. I have a hard time thinking anything can compare to POR.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

A huge vote for POR here! I love that place. We are trying the Wilderness Lodge this year. I really had a hard time upgrading to the WL. I felt like I was betraying an old friend by not staying at POR. :cry: I know that sounds crazy, but POR really feels like home to me. I just hope the WL is not a disappointment. I have a hard time thinking anything can compare to POR.
No worries! You will love, love, love WL! It's my favorite. The property is beautiful and the boat ride to the MK is the best! I've stayed at POR and POFQ and WL beats them both by a mile. Have a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom