Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

JohnD

So the current thought is December is going to be crazy busy because RotR is opening on December 5? I can understand that. But what happens to DHS between August 29 and December 4? Do people say, "Meh, I'm avoiding SW:GE until RotR opens" or do they still arrive in the droves TDO/TWDC is, or at least was, expecting?

True there will be some who change their plans. Others will probably have to keep their schedules based on when they can go for F&W festival and MNSSHP.

TrojanUSC

So the current thought is December is going to be crazy busy because RotR is opening on December 5? I can understand that. But what happens to DHS between August 29 and December 4? Do people say, "Meh, I'm avoiding SW:GE until RotR opens" or do they still arrive in the droves TDO/TWDC is, or at least was, expecting?

Not sure people will be planning a trip specifically to see it, but much like with Pandora it will direct crowds who might have skipped DHS to visit.

MouseBrayden

People claiming the headliner attraction being delayed till 2020 in DL is some 5d underwater chess strategic attendance-related move are absolutely bonkers.

There is a major unforeseen tech issue being fixed right now. You should see the inside of the ride in DL right now it looks like a tornado went through it. To act like this was all premeditated, come on.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

People claiming the headliner attraction being delayed till 2020 in DL is some 5d underwater chess strategic attendance-related move are absolutely bonkers.

There is a major unforeseen tech issue being fixed right now. You should see the inside of the ride in DL right now it looks like a tornado went through it. To act like this was all premeditated, come on.
And yet they had the foresight to avoid the EF-4 in Florida? Granted they are in Tornado Alley...

When did you tour?

Kman101

I mean, it makes sense to get this open by December for WDW. October/November/December are peak horrible crowds ... and I'm pretty sure bookings were high for November/December ... when most probably initially expected the land to open in FL.

DisneyOutsider

How does that translate elsewhere in the world. If a pop star is selling out arenas, that’s a huge success. If a pop star is playing a respectable but not capacity crowd it’s not considered “well managed” ha
If a Disney attraction has a 8+ hour queue, I draw two conclusions:

1. They have failed to make capacity meet demand by building enough attractions to soak the crowds

2. They don't care about the guest experience

A performing artist has very little control over the size of the venue they perform in. Beyonce can't add any more seats to arenas to meet demand.

Disney, however, should feel a responsibility to either protect the guest experience by closing the park due to capacity, or by building more capacity through expansions. Maybe some of both

jt04

Great take on your video today. The information is likely 100% accurate. Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

EricsBiscuit

If a Disney attraction has a 8+ hour queue, I draw two conclusions:

1. They have failed to make capacity meet demand by building enough attractions to soak the crowds

2. They don't care about the guest experience

A performing artist has very little control over the size of the venue they perform in. Beyonce can't add any more seats to arenas to meet demand.

Disney, however, should feel a responsibility to either protect the guest experience by closing the park due to capacity, or by building more capacity through expansions. Maybe some of both
Yeah I’m gonna go with number 2. Disney knows that when the guests have a terrible experience they spend more money and come back! Very logical indeed.

jt04

I have heard so many people on different message boards state with 100% certainty what the problem is, and no two explanations are the same. It's become really hard to figure out what the truth actually is beyond "there was a problem with the ride".

Agreed. We may never know exactly what happened.

MouseBrayden

I have heard so many people on different message boards state with 100% certainty what the problem is, and no two explanations are the same. It's become really hard to figure out what the truth actually is beyond "there was a problem with the ride".
The precise problem according to what I was told is that the WiFi pucks were misaligned in DL and everything was then ripped up in order to fix. I know for a FACT it looks like Hulk smashed his way through the ride in DL right now haha. People can debate what they're doing in the ground but it isn't infrared or "wire guidance" so what else could it be? 🤔

ToTBellHop

The precise problem according to what I was told is that the WiFi pucks were misaligned in DL and everything was then ripped up in order to fix. I know for a FACT it looks like Hulk smashed his way through the ride in DL right now haha. People can debate what they're doing in the ground but it isn't infrared or "wire guidance" so what else could it be? 🤔
Something like this would actually explain why DHS’ delay was a blessing in disguise.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There was a Galaxy's Edge Twitter account that was saying that the problem is ADA issues with the cars. There is also someone on Micechat that seems to be considered a reliable source who is saying that the problem is purely software related although he did also mention the inside of the ride being a mess. Not sure who to believe on this one.

Surferboy567

There was a Galaxy's Edge Twitter account that was saying that the problem is ADA issues with the cars. There is also someone on Micechat that seems to be considered a reliable source who is saying that the problem is purely software related although he did also mention the inside of the ride being a mess. Not sure who to believe on this one.

Maybe it’s a combination of the two?

Movielover

Right! I would love to know exactly what has happened. Instead of Area 51 lets all just rush this. Less guns to deal with but they will have lightsabers so it might equal out in difficulty... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom