Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Movielover

Rumors and news of this ride have got me thinking.

Did WDI bite off more than they could chew with this ride and just have to find the diamond in the rough a la Test Track?

Or has WDI truly reach such incompetency so as to ruin the hype and epicness of an E-Ticket before it even opens the door a la Rocket Rods?

(Not sure if those ride analogies work; it's the best way I could describe my thoughts and concerns about ROTR)

I think this will be more of a Test Track case, since the major problem with that ride is similar to what apparently is happening here (software related/wifi).

Rocket Rods was doomed from the start because all of it's budget cuts happened before construction even began, leading to the Peoplemover track having to be used from the beginning.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also what is TDO? The Disney what?

It's been answered, but for future initialistic needs, bookmark...

Surferboy567

It's been answered, but for future initialistic needs, bookmark...

I finally got around to bookmarking it thanks @MisterPenguin

planodisney

I get your point...but that would depend largely on an opinion of whether you think the State of the IP matters?

Different conversation maybe...but valid?

And now I hate to be THAT guy...but that’s putting a ton of burden on what is in the end a dark ride.

Even if it’s great it may not help be a driver. As the IP again becomes the issue...so we’re back to square one.

Resonance of the IP is in question.
Yes we know that’s your opinion.
Trust me we know a thousand times over!!!
😉

Joesixtoe

Exactly. Imagine Carsland without RSR? Critter Country without Splash mountain? Frontier Land without Thunder Mountain? That is GE without ROTR. I'd wager that GE with only its 2nd ride is better than any of those other lands if they didn't have their headliner.
My only issue is Rise wont be the "thrill" ride that those rides are. Will Rise thrill enough to satisfy the average park goer? I'm personally ok with the concept so far, I just hope the average guest is as well. I want to see the land succeed.

RobWDW1971

Exactly. Imagine Carsland without RSR? Critter Country without Splash mountain? Frontier Land without Thunder Mountain? That is GE without ROTR. I'd wager that GE with only its 2nd ride is better than any of those other lands if they didn't have their headliner.

I would argue those are apples and oranges comparisons as Batuu is in itself billed as a major attraction, which is why they felt comfortable opening the land as they did. They spent millions on a gigantic "immersive" land that was intended to be one of three draws (Batuu, MFSR, and ROTR). They could have built ROTR like Indy and just had a cool entrance and then a show building behind Star Tours, but the land was supposed to be a major draw.

The tiny Critter Country area was never meant to serve that purpose. Cars Land is a more fair comparison and I think it works much better IMO.

Even if ROTR is a huge hit (and I'm hoping it will be), it will in no way change the other two existing attractions, it will just distract from their shortcomings.

Best case is they get:

ROTR A
MFSR B-
Batuu C-

IMHO.

Steph15251

My only issue is Rise wont be the "thrill" ride that those rides are. Will Rise thrill enough to satisfy the average park goer? I'm personally ok with the concept so far, I just hope the average guest is as well. I want to see the land succeed.
I do not think of splash mountain or thunder mountain as thrill rides ,well at least not big on them.

yensidtlaw1969

Perhaps try comparing Rise to attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Kilimanjaro Safaris . . . ones that "thrill" guests in ways that mostly exist beyond the physical sensations the ride vehicles provide. Two of them have managed to thrill guests for more than 50 years.

Joesixtoe

I do not think of splash mountain or thunder mountain as thrill rides ,well at least not big on them.
That's why I put quotation marks on the thrill aspect. Disney and thrill isn't the same as Busch Gardens and thrill. In any land at Disney where there is a coaster, FOP, or test track, there is a long line normally. However Everest sometimes isn't to long even though it might be their best coaster. I just believe if you put a family...ish style coaster in GE, then you are guaranteed to fill the land. Or a test track but with pod racers... FOP but with speeders..

Joesixtoe

Perhaps try comparing Rise to attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Kilimanjaro Safaris . . . ones that "thrill" guests in ways that mostly exist beyond the physical sensations the ride vehicles provide. Two of them have managed to thrill guests for more than 50 years.
Very true and I'm personally good with that. I'm more thinking of attracting guest to the land, as those rides nowadays probably don't drive people to the park as they once did back in the day. However you can argue kilimanjaro cause those lines for the most part are pretty long.

Steph15251

That's why I put quotation marks on the thrill aspect. Disney and thrill isn't the same as Busch Gardens and thrill. In any land at Disney where there is a coaster, FOP, or test track, there is a long line normally. However Everest sometimes isn't to long even though it might be their best coaster. I just believe if you put a family...ish style coaster in GE, then you are guaranteed to fill the land. Or a test track but with pod racers... FOP but with speeders..
Who is to say ROTR would not attract people to the land imo ,if ROTR is as good as they say it would be I think that would have a long wait line.Yes I do feel GE needs a third ride but I think they need a show too,maybe they can add that stuff down the line.

JLipnick

Who is to say ROTR would not attract people to the land imo ,if ROTR is as good as they say it would be I think that would have a long wait line.Yes I do feel GE needs a third ride but I think they need a show too,maybe they can add that stuff down the line.
I agree it needs more interactive elements like Universal's wizarding world has. maybe instead of battling vader, on the resistance side they recruit young padawans to learn the ways of the force, learning to use a lightsaber against a virtual droid or something and then maybe something else interactive on the first order side. and also they need a sit down restaurant. oh, and they could also use more characters roaming around other than just first order storm troopers, Kylo Ren, Chewie and Rey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom