Rise of the Resistance Question

I have a June trip planned for five days with the family. My two sons are really excited about ROTR, but I have been reading articles saying that boarding groups are gone within 90 seconds and that folks that are there at rope drop are not getting a boarding group. Are these articles accurate and do any insiders know if this will be improved by the time June rolls around?

Weather_Lady

My youngest will be crushed if we don't get to do ROTR. He's as much of a Star Wars fan as I'm!

A couple weeks before your trip, start following the "Rise of the Resistance... Boarding Groups" thread (under the "Studios Redevelopment" heading in the "News" forum section on this site), to get the latest-and-greatest advice on the best way to get a boarding group.

We visited 2 weeks ago, and thanks to the advice on that thread, I knew just what to click and when to click it in order to have the best chance of scoring a good boarding group. As a result, we rope-dropped HS twice, and got excellent boarding groups (meaning, groups that were called immediately as part of the first "batch" that morning) both times. Obviously, the process is subject to change, so you'll probably want to wait until closer to your trip to study up.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They are still dealing with downtime which is cutting down the already limited daily ridership. Right now its still a grand lottery.

Upvote 0

DisneyKingDude

Original Poster
A couple weeks before your trip, start following the "Rise of the Resistance... Boarding Groups" thread (under the "Studios Redevelopment" heading in the "News" forum section on this site), to get the latest-and-greatest advice on the best way to get a boarding group.

We visited 2 weeks ago, and thanks to the advice on that thread, I knew just what to click and when to click it in order to have the best chance of scoring a good boarding group. As a result, we rope-dropped HS twice, and got excellent boarding groups (meaning, groups that were called immediately as part of the first "batch" that morning) both times. Obviously, the process is subject to change, so you'll probably want to wait until closer to your trip to study up.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely start checking that out.

Upvote 0

Greenlawler

Thanks for the info, I will definitely start checking that out.

Seriously Weather-Lady is not kidding, that's what I did. I took my two young Star Wars fanatics, we would have been crushed as well. After lots of research that thread had it all in one place. I took the advice of a poster named @Demarke and we had no trouble except nervousness.

I think it will stay like this for the foreseeable future with all the shiny new attraction all at DHS.

My advice would be, if it that important, to spring for hoppers just in case you do not get in day one...then try again till you get in. My bet is that if you follow that thread you will get in on your first try. I have not read where that method has failed anyone yet.

Upvote 0

DisneyKingDude

Original Poster
Seriously Weather-Lady is not kidding, that's what I did. I took my two young Star Wars fanatics, we would have been crushed as well. After lots of research that thread had it all in one place. I took the advice of a poster named @Demarke and we had no trouble except nervousness.

I think it will stay like this for the foreseeable future with all the shiny new attraction all at DHS.

My advice would be, if it that important, to spring for hoppers just in case you do not get in day one...then try again till you get in. My bet is that if you follow that thread you will get in on your first try. I have not read where that method has failed anyone yet.

Thanks for the insight. We aren't doing park hoppers but were planning on doing two days at DHS, so hopefully we can get in on one of those two days.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I am smart. In discussing the boarding pass fiasco with my DS (who is very tech savvy), I passed the burden of capturing our boarding passes in May onto him. If I was to have the responsibility trying to get them I'm sure wed fail. ;);)

Upvote 0

DisneyKingDude

Original Poster
I am smart. In discussing the boarding pass fiasco with my DS (who is very tech savvy), I passed the burden of capturing our boarding passes in May onto him. If I was to have the responsibility trying to get them I'm sure wed fail. ;);)
I would be interested to know how it goes in May since I will be going in June. I would love it if you would reply back on this thread after your trip to let me know how it went!

Upvote 0

Diesel Dan

We were there Presidents week, used the Demarke method. The main thing to remember is that you don't have to get there super early. You have to be the park by 10 minutes or so before opening. You will have the same odds of getting a boarding pass as the early birds. Just be ready to go at park opening.

Upvote 0

DisneyKingDude

Original Poster
We were there Presidents week, used the Demarke method. The main thing to remember is that you don't have to get there super early. You have to be the park by 10 minutes or so before opening. You will have the same odds of getting a boarding pass as the early birds. Just be ready to go at park opening.
Is there a good resource that outlines the Demarke method, I have searched through various threads and have yet to see anything that spells it out in detail. I'm sure I'm overlooking it!

Upvote 0

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
@Demarke, I tried to find the thread where you did your step by step guide, without success!

Can you post a link please? 😊

No problem, here you go!

No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Here’s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh [note/edit- you don’t have to keep the phone off a full twenty minutes, that’s just what I tend to do, I’ve had the same results with it off 5-10 minutes]
7:55 - Turn phone back on but don’t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but don’t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click “Find Out More” (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible without being before 8:00:00)
- if “join group” is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, it’s been about 50/50 for me whether it’s been available immediately
- if “join group” is not available, immediately click “Check Status” and “Join Boarding Group” should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!! 😉

Hope this helps!
Also, if I’ve gotten there too late to have a good rope drop position for a ride, I’ve been posting up in the open area in front of the theater because I figured less people and less stuff to interfere with a cell signal the better (and got my best groups that way). But that may be moot now that MMRR has opened and probably will crowd that area too. I wouldn’t give up a good spot in line for something, but if you’re getting there on the late side anyway, I’d take a minute to find a less crowded area where you’re getting more bars of cell signal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyKingDude

Original Poster
No problem, here you go!

Also, if I’ve gotten there too late to have a good rope drop position for a ride, I’ve been posting up in the open area in front of the theater because I figured less people and less stuff to interfere with a cell signal the better (and got my best groups that way). But that may be moot now that MMRR has opened and probably will crowd that area too. I wouldn’t give up a good spot in line for something, but if you’re getting there on the late side anyway, I’d take a minute to find a less crowded area where you’re getting more bars of cell signal.

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom