Rise of the Resistance effects status watch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Anyone else ride today, 8/17/23? What an absolute disgrace! If you have never ridden it before you would have no idea what's going on.

- Transport ship pre-show down. Walked from the resistance camp outside backstage to the room with the stormtroopers.
- Nothing on the AT-AT's functioned.
- No cannon effects at all.
- Kylo AA on the bridge hunched over 90 degrees and not moving.
- No Kylo in the finale at all. AA not working, no wall piece and getting sucked out, etc. but didn't even have the backup version of his ship getting shot at on screen. No voice or him talking at all. Didn't hear Kylo at all after the lightsabre through the ceiling.

Feel really bad for folks paying $22 for individual lightning lane and first timers.

UPDATE - looks like it finally went 101 around 10:30.
Wow that is terrible to hear. Sounds like the ride should have been closed way before anyone saw all of that.

wserratore1963

Anyone else ride today, 8/17/23? What an absolute disgrace! If you have never ridden it before you would have no idea what's going on.

- Transport ship pre-show down. Walked from the resistance camp outside backstage to the room with the stormtroopers.
- Nothing on the AT-AT's functioned.
- No cannon effects at all.
- Kylo AA on the bridge hunched over 90 degrees and not moving.
- No Kylo in the finale at all. AA not working, no wall piece and getting sucked out, etc. but didn't even have the backup version of his ship getting shot at on screen. No voice or him talking at all. Didn't hear Kylo at all after the lightsabre through the ceiling.

Feel really bad for folks paying $22 for individual lightning lane and first timers.

UPDATE - looks like it finally went 101 around 10:30.
Heard from a buddy that its all back up & normal again as of 4:00

MattH20

We rode on 17th evening, it was probably the most functional we had over the past 2 weeks. It was the only time we had A mode for the Kylo finale. Kylo on the bridge was stuck the whole time and really ruined it for me, I really hope they fix this. We had one day where neither of the two AA moved on the bridge but Hux was fixed the next day, worried that they managed to fix him but 2 weeks have passed and Kylo hasn’t been fixed.

Did the guns on the AT-AT used to drop down before firing? that didn’t happen for us at all this trip and i thought they were supposed to.

On one occasion when there were a few issues, the four people behind us were riding it for the first time came off and we heard them saying how awesome it was so it’s still great. Just a shame when you know how good it is when everything is working.

Will they ever get it back to 100% or is it more likely that it will slowly reduce in functionality?

This year I was more excited to ride GoG again and again over ROTR

Goofnut1980

The reason a flagship attraction is not working is due to the draining resources consuming the time as they create Moana... there are too many fountains to program.
That is all.

NickMaio

We rode on 17th evening, it was probably the most functional we had over the past 2 weeks. It was the only time we had A mode for the Kylo finale. Kylo on the bridge was stuck the whole time and really ruined it for me, I really hope they fix this. We had one day where neither of the two AA moved on the bridge but Hux was fixed the next day, worried that they managed to fix him but 2 weeks have passed and Kylo hasn’t been fixed.

Did the guns on the AT-AT used to drop down before firing? that didn’t happen for us at all this trip and i thought they were supposed to.

On one occasion when there were a few issues, the four people behind us were riding it for the first time came off and we heard them saying how awesome it was so it’s still great. Just a shame when you know how good it is when everything is working.

Will they ever get it back to 100% or is it more likely that it will slowly reduce in functionality?

This year I was more excited to ride GoG again and again over ROTR
GoG is such a fun coaster. Tears for Fears is our absolute fave ride song.

mattpeto

I was there in December and I thought everything was operational except for the AT-AT guns didn’t lower.

It was a massive improvement from the previous December when all the screens toward the end were all black except for one and we got B mode Kylo.

RoadiJeff

There was never a lightsaber trough the rescue door, it's more like a welding torch is burning through.
Prior to the door closing it shows Kylo walking towards the door with his red lightsaber. Shortly after that it shows the tip of a red object cutting into the ceiling, implying his red lightsaber doing the cutting.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There was never a lightsaber trough the rescue door, it's more like a welding torch is burning through.

Prior to the door closing it shows Kylo walking towards the door with his red lightsaber. Shortly after that it shows the tip of a red object cutting into the ceiling, implying his red lightsaber doing the cutting.
@RoadiJeff - @ChrisKinney357 is talking about the rescue door in the holding/interrogation cell, before you board the transport vehicle.

RoadiJeff

I only saw the cannons slide back and forth when we went there soon after ROTR first opened and hundreds of people were standing outside of HS at 4:30am for the 8:00am opening to experience it (ahh...the good old days). It was a nice effect but I guess there's too much involved to fix it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom