Rise of the Resistance Condition

shambolicdefending

This thing better be running great by the time they reopen, as the already low capacity is going to be cut in at least half due to distancing. Currently running only 1 party per ride vehicle, whether that be a group of 1 or a group of 8 in Orlando.
Is there any indication they've even touched it since the shutdown started?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Whatever.
It's true. people can bag on the prequel trilogy all they want for the casting choices or the over use of cgi and green screen or characters constantly sitting down talking with over the shoulder shots, or how awful Jar Jar is until they are blue in the face. No one is disagreeing there. But the majority of the fandom will agree while the execution was bad the overall ideas behind the prequels were solid. Just Lucas needed another writer and probably other directors like the OT.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's true. people can bag on the prequel trilogy all they want for the casting choices or the over use of cgi and green screen or characters constantly sitting down talking with over the shoulder shots, or how awful Jar Jar is until they are blue in the face. No one is disagreeing there. But the majority of the fandom will agree while the execution was bad the overall ideas behind the prequels were solid. Just Lucas needed another writer and probably other directors like the OT.
You obviously haven't been paying attention to the fandom then. Because the prequels were derided for the overall aspect of them. Hell, even Empire was derided by the fandom for being too dark for the longest time. Point is the fandom is always going to be divided over what they consider "good" at that time. By the time the younger generation grows up the sequels and thus the overall 9 films will be hailed as genius.

DrAlice

There was nothing wrong with Lucas' ideas only his execution. Dave Filoni doesn't have a creative bone in his body compared to Lucas' imagination.
Dave Filoni gave Lucas' ideas the execution they deserved. Does that mean he's creative? I don't know. I'm a scientist, not a film critic.! All I know is that DF makes excellent Star Wars shows that understand the meat of the Lucas stories. That's good enough for me.

Sure. We need more input from the guy that gave us Jar Jar, Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen.

What we really need is Dave Filoni. See the Clone Wars, Rebels and the Mandalorian.
He also gave us Luke, Han, Yoda, Chewie, Lando, The M.F., Leigh, X-wings, Ewan McGregor, Alec Guiness, James Earl Jones, American Graffitti.....The preq. trilogies are much better than these last three. Also Clone Wars and Rebels were both under George Lucas' creative control. I'll take Jar Jar Binks over the universe breaking "force healing" and whatever that crap was with the Emperor in the last movie. Without googling it how many people even know the story behind Batuu and the black spire outpost. We could do a charcter study on Luke Skywalker and how the last three movies completly destroyed that character

Stevek

Midichlorians = good?

I will say I enjoyed the prequels in the moment more than I do now and I consider myself a fairly big SW nerd. It would have taken a lot of work and re-writes to fix some of what George put on screen i.e. much of AOTC. My gut tells me we would have ended up at the same starting and ending point but much of the in-between would have been very different and could have been much better.

Empire Strikes Back was neither written nor directed by George Lucas.
Under his creative control. Look below you quoted me when I was replying to another person. I never said he wrote or direct them.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST said:
There was nothing wrong with Lucas' ideas only his execution. Dave Filoni doesn't have a creative bone in his body compared to Lucas' imagination.
This I can get behind. We can point to ESB as evidence of this.

Last edited:
Oh. Oh you poor thing.

The prequel trilogies are why George Lucas will never be allowed to make another Star Wars movie again.

I believe he will. There is a rumored Lucas cut of Rise of Skywalker. With that said I would love to hear your opinions on why you think the Disney trilogy is better than the preq. tril.

DanielBB8

The Prequels sold tons of toys and people didn’t stop collecting their merchandise. This is unlike the Sequel Trilogy where people gave up on Star Wars and just ignored all the major characters. Here’s the Sequel Trilogy merchandise at a supermarket. Plenty of Luke Skywalker, but a little Rey in the back.
1B2A9626-A09C-4711-B2BF-72C940F569AA.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom