Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

I think these scenes/pics/whatever you call them on the "monorails" are very realistic looking.
IMG_5810.JPEG

We ate at Jersey Mike's. Their food is pretty decent. There's one a few miles from my house but I've never ate there. I've only been to the one in the Orlando airport!!
IMG_5811.JPEG

IMG_5812.JPEG

I took this picture so I would remember to put in my notes about the smell we had to endure while eating. The baby in there needed a diaper change desperately!! :hungover:
IMG_5813.JPEG

Our flight ended up being delayed a bit b/c the plane was late getting there.

IMG_5820.JPEG

This is what we were leaving....
IMG_5821.PNG

.....no commentary necessary:cold:
IMG_5822.PNG

On a side note when it comes to snowfall we had a very mild winter. There were only 3 substantial snows. The first 2 were in November & January. Both times I was in Disney so I missed both of them!! I only had to deal with it once all season!!

R & I were on the same reservation & E & J were on their own. So how was it that my boarding position was B33 & the three of them had B24, 25 & 26? 🤔 This was small potatoes compared to some of my flying issues that I've had it the past but nonetheless I thought it was a bit strange.
IMG_5823.JPEG

See ya Florida sunshine!!
IMG_5824.JPEG

J wanted me to sit next to him again on the plane!! I hope he still likes me this much next time we go!!
IMG_5825.JPEG

lindawdw

We have a Jersey Mike's by my parent's house down the shore and I like to stop by and pick up subs there for lunch as a treat. Their bread and meats are very fresh! It's too bad that mom wasn't more considerate of the other customers trying to enjoy their meal.:oops: It's so cute that J wanted to sit with you this entire trip! We had a rather mild winter with virtually no snow too which was so nice! I can't wait for the warm weather though as this Spring has been extremely rainy and damp in NJ!

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

Shortly after take off J asked me if he could play with my phone. I wasn't paying much attention then something caught my eye. How did I manage to get 15 lives? That would be b/c J used half my gems to get them :banghead: It took me a long time to save up that many gems & getting those 15 lives(esp. with a 4 year old playing the game) surely wasn't worth it. I did correct him & told him he should not have done that without asking but really it was my fault for not paying attention.
IMG_5826.PNG

This is the look I got. Hard to be mad at him!!
IMG_5827.JPEG

The flight home was pretty smooth. I thought I was going to be in trouble though. I had bought a bag of Mickey licorice in the Disney store at the airport. The flight attendants served the pretzels & we were waiting on our drinks. That turned into a disaster b/c the flight attendant said that his paper got wet so he was trying to get everyone's drinks from memory. Yeah, that didn't work out too well.
Anyhow, R was sitting to my left & E was in the aisle seat across from R. I was sneaking J some licorice. What does he pipe up & say to his mom out of the blue? "Mom, I'm only eating pretzels over here." o_O IMO that's basically telling her that he's eating something that he's not supposed to!!
IMG_5829.PNG

With that a glass of wine was in order!!
IMG_5830.JPEG

And he didn't abandon the safety instructions!!
IMG_5832.JPEG

IMG_5833.JPEG

He wanted me to take a picture of him posing like this. Kids....
IMG_5835.JPEG

.....sometimes the adults are worse!!
IMG_5836.JPEG

IMG_5837.JPEG

IMG_5838.JPEG

Well, "Rise of the Popcorn Bucket" has come to it's conclusion. I'm always a bit bummed when I'm finishing up a TR but I'm feeling it much more with this one. The uncertainty of when I'll be back & just life in general has me kind of feeling a little blah... As others are doing I may try to dig up some pictures from some older trips & share them with you all.

As always, I want to thank you, my friends, for reading & all the interactions we've had. I truly appreciate it & enjoy it. I always say that's what makes these TR's so much fun!! I also want to thank you for all your support during this TR. It really meant a lot!! I hope everyone stays safe & we all can get back to our happy place soon!!😘

riverside

Original Poster
Yum! Their Chipotle Cheese Steak is soooo good! Maybe not when you're near a baby that needs a diaper change lol.
🤣🤣 I'll have to try that next time. I enjoy things with a little kick to it!!
Good for R! :)
I imagine there's a way to click print but I'm not sure what it is on here. I write all my stuff in Word, then I post it.
Thanks-I'll have to see if I can figure it out!!
We have a Jersey Mike's by my parent's house down the shore and I like to stop by and pick up subs there for lunch as a treat. Their bread and meats are very fresh! It's too bad that mom wasn't more considerate of the other customers trying to enjoy their meal.:oops: It's so cute that J wanted to sit with you this entire trip! We had a rather mild winter with virtually no snow too which was so nice! I can't wait for the warm weather though as this Spring has been extremely rainy and damp in NJ!
I think their bread is what makes them so good--it is very fresh!! That's better than Pittsburgh--overcast & rainy more often than not!!

lindawdw

It's hard to stay mad at that cute little face even if he did use your hard earned game lives. 😂 😂 😂 Kids say the darnedest things and it seems there have been quite a few times J almost got caught eating a treat he shouldn't!🤣🤣 So sad that this TR in particular is over but I'm praying that we'll have some new ones soon! 🙏🙏🙏. I'd love to see some of your old photos from previous trips! Thanks again for writing such an entertaining TR. :)

BrerWayne

MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

I think these scenes/pics/whatever you call them on the "monorails" are very realistic looking.
View attachment 467184

We ate at Jersey Mike's. Their food is pretty decent. There's one a few miles from my house but I've never ate there. I've only been to the one in the Orlando airport!!
View attachment 467185

View attachment 467186

I took this picture so I would remember to put in my notes about the smell we had to endure while eating. The baby in there needed a diaper change desperately!! :hungover:
View attachment 467187

Our flight ended up being delayed a bit b/c the plane was late getting there.

View attachment 467188

This is what we were leaving....
View attachment 467189

.....no commentary necessary:cold:
View attachment 467190
On a side note when it comes to snowfall we had a very mild winter. There were only 3 substantial snows. The first 2 were in November & January. Both times I was in Disney so I missed both of them!! I only had to deal with it once all season!!

R & I were on the same reservation & E & J were on their own. So how was it that my boarding position was B33 & the three of them had B24, 25 & 26? 🤔 This was small potatoes compared to some of my flying issues that I've had it the past but nonetheless I thought it was a bit strange.
View attachment 467191

See ya Florida sunshine!!
View attachment 467192

J wanted me to sit next to him again on the plane!! I hope he still likes me this much next time we go!!
View attachment 467193
Just curious, what smelled worse? The baby at the airport or the Haunted Mansion ride?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I have a suspicion that J is with jelly beans like I am with sour gummies, I can never have too many!

I was forgetting to comment on your picture of those delicious rolls at Liberty Tree Tavern, I've been longing for those since last December! Seeing them again in your TR brought such good memories! We could all use more happy thoughts these days. 😌

Thank you for sharing and dedicating valuable time to finish this TR. Stay safe. I'll be patiently waiting for the next one! 😊

Doc Disney

Now comes the BIG low point of the trip. We got on the wrong "monorail". I don't know what we were thinking & this wasn't the first time we've done this:facepalm: R was pretty ticked. No big deal I told him. The last time we did this we took it back & jumped on the other one. He asked if we were going to have to go through security again & I told him no.

Sad this is over :(
My Mom and I did this once too it was awful! We almost missed our flight when we went back through security (this was before our TSA pre-check days). I feel like if you are rushing it is very easy to get on the wrong one! I triple check a bunch of times now 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom