Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

riverside

Original Poster
That hyena does look like he is going to pounce on J!!!😊 The sky looks so blue on your last day which makes it all the harder to leave our Happy Place! It's always sad when that TE bus pulls up. 😔 I've really enjoyed every moment of this TR.
It was a very pretty day there that's for sure. Thank you soooo much!! A few more posts & it should be wrapped up.
J is such a delight! He really does love his jelly beans. 😊 You're absolutely right about the WDW sign and the emotions that go along with it! I can't believe this TR has almost come to an end as it's helped so many of us get through this difficult time. Thank you!
He is a lot of fun!! I'm glad I could be of assistance!! Writing it helped me also!!
We’ve gotten on the wrong monorail too! The first time we had to back through security. We got the same TSA agent and she looked at us like we were morons. But we had two kids and tons of stuff. We just missed the sign! Most recently we didn’t have to go back through. Maybe we were supposed to and cheated? It seems like an easy mistake to make.
Also, keep buying those jelly beans! That’s what Aunts are for. ❤ J is a delight.
I'm glad we're not the only ones--& more than just once!! :hilarious: I think we just got lucky the first time & nobody was paying attention!! I really don't know what our excuse was(both times)!! Just not paying attention I guess!
Yes, he is & as long as I can keep getting away with it I'll buy them!!
I know you are super busy now, but maybe you can start putting these together in some sort of book or binder for J and when he's older he will have the whole enchilada and the funny sayings! Whatever you do, it will be the most meaningful gift ever.

From a teacher who's had a very attentive principal, I want to commend R. We try not to bother Admin when they are on vacay but sometimes....there's THAT issue that pops up and we need advice PRONTO! So please tell him thanks for being available to his teachers!
That's a great idea!! I'm not the most tech savvy though. Is there a way to print these things out? 🤔

Not trying to take away anything from R but I don't think his teachers knew that he was away since he didn't miss anytime from work. I'm pretty sure he didn't tell them. But, in all fairness it still was a day off for him b/c it was MLK day.
I was going to say something similar as @slipperalwaysfits about binding the TR into a book for J when he’s older.

And I KNEW you were going to tell us J was making sure he could sneak some jelly beans
Wait until you hear what he says about the licorice!!
Well, I read that that ship where they tested everyone on board...(navy ship maybe?), 60% of those who tested positive were asymptomatic. And they've been saying here since the beginning that younger people were reporting milder symptoms than those in the high risk groups, and at one point they said 25% were asymptomatic. And when you are ill, your immune system is fighting hard. It's possible that people have more than one illness at a time. So they get a stomach flu at the same time as a respiratory infection, get tested and discover it's Covid-19, but that the stomach issues are unrelated to that, but they had it at the same time, so they get reported as possible symptoms. Who knows?

My BIL is fine now. He was in and out of the hospital for about 2 months I think? He was feeling really really tired, and got winded walking from his house to his parents' house half a block away, and he had a slight fever. For him, fever means he has to go to the hospital in case his body starts attacking the transplanted kidney. (I think that's why, anyway) So he went in and he was in for a week or two, and he had already been sick for a week or two before he went in. He had some testing done, but they couldn't find an infection, but said he was dehydrated. So they put him on an IV and got him hydrated, then released him just before his birthday. We went to see him on his birthday, but he was SOOOO tired, we just had a drink with him and then he went to bed. The next day or the day after that, he went back to the hospital. His kidney doctor hadn't been there the first time he was admitted, but was when he went back, so they tested his kidney function and he was down to 20%. Normal for him is around 35% But they still couldn't find any bacteria or anything. He was in the hospital for another....3-4 weeks I think? They gave him antibiotics, but they weren't working. So they did all sorts of scans and such and said he had pneumonia, so they gave him or more specialized antibiotic for lungs, but it still didn't respond. They thought maybe it was his kidney meds causing it, so they took him off that and put him on another one. Eventually he did get better, and he was released, but he was exhausted for a few weeks after. He started with it in January and I think he was released in the first week of March or so. We started really hearing about Covid outside of China at the end of February. I remember hoping he didn't catch it from someone in the hospital, especially when the first couple of cases showed up in the town where he lives, and then a couple were admitted to the hospital he was in. But they never tested him for it because he had been in there for so long at that point that they never considered that, and it was so hard to get tests then anyway. But as soon as he was released, he went home and has just stayed there. He's been able to have groceries delivered and my in-laws live right there and my MIL makes food for him sometimes. So he hasn't had to go out at all. Moot point if he already had it, but he doesn't think it could have been that, so he's still hibernating.

Is R completely recovered now? How long did he have whatever he had?
That's a very good point.

Wow--your poor BIL. That sounds very rough. I feel bad for him.

Yes, he is recovered. I'm pretty sure it was about a month.
Ugh....he's not wrong about that being the worst part of flying. The first time we brought the kids to Disney, I don't know WHAT was going on, but we had to go through security flying IN to MCO, and not just once. We got of the plane and there was an immediate security check. My son was 2 and had to take off his shoes. They were red Cars crocs and he LOVED those shoes, and he didn't understand that they were just checking them and he'd get them back. He screamed bloody murder because he thought they were stealing his beloved shoes. And we had to go through 3 different security checkpoints and remove the shoes every single time. The poor kid was traumatized.
Oh wow--I can see why he would be traumatized!!
Such a cute Disney clipboard pad you bought yourself! Sorry R was feeling so frustrated but when you're feeling that lousy, all you want to do is get home to your own bed I'm sure. :( We did the wrong TSA gate and monorail also and then had to go through the correct security line before getting to our gate.
You also!! I'm feeling much better about this!! 🤣
I'm thinking the Night Manager that you got rid of did some voodoo on you and the boss. :cautious:
🤣🤣🤣 you're probably right!! If that's the case he got us good!!

riverside

Original Poster
Advertisement
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

I think these scenes/pics/whatever you call them on the "monorails" are very realistic looking.
IMG_5810.JPEG

We ate at Jersey Mike's. Their food is pretty decent. There's one a few miles from my house but I've never ate there. I've only been to the one in the Orlando airport!!
IMG_5811.JPEG

IMG_5812.JPEG

I took this picture so I would remember to put in my notes about the smell we had to endure while eating. The baby in there needed a diaper change desperately!! :hungover:
IMG_5813.JPEG

Our flight ended up being delayed a bit b/c the plane was late getting there.

IMG_5820.JPEG

This is what we were leaving....
IMG_5821.PNG

.....no commentary necessary:cold:
IMG_5822.PNG
On a side note when it comes to snowfall we had a very mild winter. There were only 3 substantial snows. The first 2 were in November & January. Both times I was in Disney so I missed both of them!! I only had to deal with it once all season!!

R & I were on the same reservation & E & J were on their own. So how was it that my boarding position was B33 & the three of them had B24, 25 & 26? 🤔 This was small potatoes compared to some of my flying issues that I've had it the past but nonetheless I thought it was a bit strange.
IMG_5823.JPEG

See ya Florida sunshine!!
IMG_5824.JPEG

J wanted me to sit next to him again on the plane!! I hope he still likes me this much next time we go!!
IMG_5825.JPEG

lindawdw

We have a Jersey Mike's by my parent's house down the shore and I like to stop by and pick up subs there for lunch as a treat. Their bread and meats are very fresh! It's too bad that mom wasn't more considerate of the other customers trying to enjoy their meal.:oops: It's so cute that J wanted to sit with you this entire trip! We had a rather mild winter with virtually no snow too which was so nice! I can't wait for the warm weather though as this Spring has been extremely rainy and damp in NJ!

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

Shortly after take off J asked me if he could play with my phone. I wasn't paying much attention then something caught my eye. How did I manage to get 15 lives? That would be b/c J used half my gems to get them :banghead: It took me a long time to save up that many gems & getting those 15 lives(esp. with a 4 year old playing the game) surely wasn't worth it. I did correct him & told him he should not have done that without asking but really it was my fault for not paying attention.
IMG_5826.PNG

This is the look I got. Hard to be mad at him!!
IMG_5827.JPEG

The flight home was pretty smooth. I thought I was going to be in trouble though. I had bought a bag of Mickey licorice in the Disney store at the airport. The flight attendants served the pretzels & we were waiting on our drinks. That turned into a disaster b/c the flight attendant said that his paper got wet so he was trying to get everyone's drinks from memory. Yeah, that didn't work out too well.
Anyhow, R was sitting to my left & E was in the aisle seat across from R. I was sneaking J some licorice. What does he pipe up & say to his mom out of the blue? "Mom, I'm only eating pretzels over here." o_O IMO that's basically telling her that he's eating something that he's not supposed to!!
IMG_5829.PNG

With that a glass of wine was in order!!
IMG_5830.JPEG

And he didn't abandon the safety instructions!!
IMG_5832.JPEG

IMG_5833.JPEG

He wanted me to take a picture of him posing like this. Kids....
IMG_5835.JPEG

.....sometimes the adults are worse!!
IMG_5836.JPEG

IMG_5837.JPEG

IMG_5838.JPEG

Well, "Rise of the Popcorn Bucket" has come to it's conclusion. I'm always a bit bummed when I'm finishing up a TR but I'm feeling it much more with this one. The uncertainty of when I'll be back & just life in general has me kind of feeling a little blah... As others are doing I may try to dig up some pictures from some older trips & share them with you all.

As always, I want to thank you, my friends, for reading & all the interactions we've had. I truly appreciate it & enjoy it. I always say that's what makes these TR's so much fun!! I also want to thank you for all your support during this TR. It really meant a lot!! I hope everyone stays safe & we all can get back to our happy place soon!!😘

riverside

Original Poster
Yum! Their Chipotle Cheese Steak is soooo good! Maybe not when you're near a baby that needs a diaper change lol.
🤣🤣 I'll have to try that next time. I enjoy things with a little kick to it!!
Good for R! :)
I imagine there's a way to click print but I'm not sure what it is on here. I write all my stuff in Word, then I post it.
Thanks-I'll have to see if I can figure it out!!
We have a Jersey Mike's by my parent's house down the shore and I like to stop by and pick up subs there for lunch as a treat. Their bread and meats are very fresh! It's too bad that mom wasn't more considerate of the other customers trying to enjoy their meal.:oops: It's so cute that J wanted to sit with you this entire trip! We had a rather mild winter with virtually no snow too which was so nice! I can't wait for the warm weather though as this Spring has been extremely rainy and damp in NJ!
I think their bread is what makes them so good--it is very fresh!! That's better than Pittsburgh--overcast & rainy more often than not!!

lindawdw

It's hard to stay mad at that cute little face even if he did use your hard earned game lives. 😂 😂 😂 Kids say the darnedest things and it seems there have been quite a few times J almost got caught eating a treat he shouldn't!🤣🤣 So sad that this TR in particular is over but I'm praying that we'll have some new ones soon! 🙏🙏🙏. I'd love to see some of your old photos from previous trips! Thanks again for writing such an entertaining TR. :)

BrerWayne

MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH

I think these scenes/pics/whatever you call them on the "monorails" are very realistic looking.
View attachment 467184

We ate at Jersey Mike's. Their food is pretty decent. There's one a few miles from my house but I've never ate there. I've only been to the one in the Orlando airport!!
View attachment 467185

View attachment 467186

I took this picture so I would remember to put in my notes about the smell we had to endure while eating. The baby in there needed a diaper change desperately!! :hungover:
View attachment 467187

Our flight ended up being delayed a bit b/c the plane was late getting there.

View attachment 467188

This is what we were leaving....
View attachment 467189

.....no commentary necessary:cold:
View attachment 467190
On a side note when it comes to snowfall we had a very mild winter. There were only 3 substantial snows. The first 2 were in November & January. Both times I was in Disney so I missed both of them!! I only had to deal with it once all season!!

R & I were on the same reservation & E & J were on their own. So how was it that my boarding position was B33 & the three of them had B24, 25 & 26? 🤔 This was small potatoes compared to some of my flying issues that I've had it the past but nonetheless I thought it was a bit strange.
View attachment 467191

See ya Florida sunshine!!
View attachment 467192

J wanted me to sit next to him again on the plane!! I hope he still likes me this much next time we go!!
View attachment 467193
Just curious, what smelled worse? The baby at the airport or the Haunted Mansion ride?

MickeyCB

Loved following along and thanks for sharing. It's so much fun to read your trip reports! 🤞this fall we'll get to read another?!

Nunu

Premium Member
I have a suspicion that J is with jelly beans like I am with sour gummies, I can never have too many!

I was forgetting to comment on your picture of those delicious rolls at Liberty Tree Tavern, I've been longing for those since last December! Seeing them again in your TR brought such good memories! We could all use more happy thoughts these days. 😌

Thank you for sharing and dedicating valuable time to finish this TR. Stay safe. I'll be patiently waiting for the next one! 😊

Top Bottom