Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

As we exited the show & went to get the stroller I couldn't help but notice that someone was still using the Christmas popcorn bucket. I couldn't believe it!! Here it was mid-January!! I like to save a buck, don't misinterpret me, but being that it is a "good for the length of stay" I would never try using a Christmas one in January!!
IMG_5283.JPEG

We may have not been able to talk J into SDD but we finally talked him into meeting Darth Vader!! For years he's been asking why he couldn't meet him & we always told him that he wasn't a character that you could meet & that you could only see him in the show. Then, in September they started the meet & greet with him. When we were there in November we told him we could finally meet him & he said he didn't want to!! I could tell he wasn't totally thrilled with it but he was willing to so in line we went!!
IMG_5284.JPEG

As we were in line my big moment finally arrived!!
IMG_5285.PNG

I decided I would head there after we met Darth Vader.
IMG_5286.PNG

J was a bit nervous.
IMG_5288.JPEG

Okay, the next two pictures are by far not the most quality photos I've ever seen but at least we're all looking at the camera. A CM was taking the photos with my phone.
IMG_5290.JPEG

IMG_5292.JPEG

Yes, the color is much better in these but none of us are looking at the camera. The future of PP is very disappointing. If it wasn't included in the AP I wouldn't have it.
IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The guy who sat that close to your sister would've annoyed me too, he clearly looks like he's sitting by the very edge of the bench! 🙄

I see meatloaf and fried chicken on R's plate, looks like you and your sister both shared with him, he ended with a Sampler Platter! 😄*

*Ooops! Looks like that IS your plate, right? 😜

Last edited:

lindawdw

I always enjoy hearing about your interaction at Prime Time Café!! It's so cute how J is really into the Indy Show. I don't understand people who just don't get "personal space"! I would have been really annoyed with that guy too. You are a sweet sister to give up your beer. :)

krisri18

SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

If you've read my previous TR's I'm sure it will be of no surprise as to where lunch was at!!
View attachment 450863

View attachment 450854

View attachment 450855

We all went with our usuals except R. He normally gets the meatloaf but switched it up this time & got the chicken pot pie. He wasn't too thrilled with it b/c he said there was more dark meat than what he cares for.
View attachment 450856

J got the salmon.
View attachment 450857

E went with Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken like she usually does.
View attachment 450858

I got my usual. I gave some of my meatloaf to R since he likes it so much.
View attachment 450859

We(with the exception of R) really enjoyed our meals.
View attachment 450860

Our server was hysterical & probably one of the funniest ones we've ever had. As soon as we sat down he deemed me as being troublesome. He said lots of funny things throughout the meal(but did I write it down--no:facepalm:) Right before we settled our bill he came out of nowhere & announced to the whole section that I would be getting up to lead everyone in "I'm A Little Teapot"!! I was totally mortified but I think it would be worse if I didn't get up & do it so I did. E got some pictures but never sent them to me so I I have nothing to post--which is probably a good thing!!
View attachment 450861
J's eyeing the jelly beans!!

R is a bad influence. I next to never order dessert--esp. at lunch. He wanted a sundae & that was enough for me to cave in & get one also. He got caramel & I got hot fudge. I was still keeping track of the TIW savings this trip also!!
View attachment 450862
We've had the same server at 50's! He's fantastic!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

Originally the rest of the crew was going to wait for me to leave HS. I told them I didn't know if that was such a good idea b/c I was hearing that the queue was an hour long. They were pretty much ready to leave so I told them to go & I would meet up with them.
IMG_5294.JPEG

When I arrived there wasn't a line at the entrance so I had high hopes that it would take less than an hour. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. I waited a full 60 minutes.
IMG_5295.JPEG

Even with everything to look at(as you all well know I have no clue of what I'm looking at when it comes to Star Wars stuff) I was getting bored.
IMG_5296.JPEG

Standing in line for an hour by yourself can get really boring. I didn't want to play on my phone b/c my battery was low since I had been checking the boarding groups throughout the day. I didn't want E or R to try to get a hold of me & I wouldn't be able to answer. And, speaking of them I can honestly say I was a bit jealous b/c they had went to POR. Of course I planned on meeting them there but at that moment I was kicking myself b/c here I was in a monstrous line for something I knew absolutely nothing about while they were relaxing with a drink at Muddy Rivers. I thought about leaving but knew in the long run I'd be mad at myself. I think part of my frustration was that I had such a high boarding group number so I felt like I was being held hostage--kind of like The First Order had me captured all day, not just for the ride!! :hilarious:
IMG_5297.JPEG

I started to breathe a sigh of relief when the guy behind me said to his friend(who was in a wheelchair), "Oh look, the floor has changed. We must be close." Wrong....
IMG_5298.JPEG

Since(just like my previous TR's) I really have no commentary about the pics I took I'll touch on what was going on around me. I also have to admit I'm not proud of what I'm getting ready to say but hey, at least I can admit my shortfalls. When I get irritated(as I was then) I get super annoyed and EVERYTHING starts to bother me. And, unlike Elsa, I just don't have it in me to let it go. So, guy pushing the wheelchair behind me was absolutely getting on my nerves b/c he the whole time he's pushing the wheelchair he's trying to multitask & use his phone at the same time:facepalm: Look at the ground in that above picture. It was hard enough for him to push the wheelchair on it not to mention attempting to play Candy Crush while he was doing that:rolleyes: The people behind him were getting so irritated. With that being said I was also but I don't know why since I was in front of them so it had no bearing on my day but again EVERYTHING gets on my nerves when I'm irritated.
IMG_5299.JPEG

Then there was the family in front of me with the laziest bunch of late teen/early 20's boys/guys I've ever seen in my entire life. There was mom, dad & their 4 boys. The boys took every opportunity to sit even if it was only for 5 seconds. They were ridiculous. I felt like telling them to act their age. Ok, I need to move on b/c I'm getting frustrated again just thinking about this!!
IMG_5300.JPEG

Once I saw BB-8 I figured it hopefully wouldn't be much longer.
IMG_5301.JPEG

IMG_5302.JPEG

Rey, I believe? I didn't understand much of what she was saying so I was kind of going into this blind.
IMG_5303.JPEG

BTW--I don't have the energy to figure out the "spoiler" thing so skip my next few posts if you don't want to see pics from the attraction.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m impressed that you actually like (and continue to ride) Slinky Dog! 🎢
My stomach still gets queasy on the hills & truthfully if it wasn't for R wanting to go on I would have skipped it. But it is fun & I do like it. If no one in my group wanted to go on I wold be totally fine with staying off too!!
It’s so cute to see R reassuredly holding J’s hand during the meet and greet.
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out!!
The guy who sat that close to your sister would've annoyed me too, he clearly looks like he's sitting by the very edge of the bench! 🙄

I see meatloaf and fried chicken on R's plate, looks like you and your sister both shared with him, he ended with a Sampler Platter! 😄*

*Ooops! Looks like that IS your plate, right? 😜
He was--it was so rude!!

Yes--it was my plate!! I get the same thing every time I go there!!
I always enjoy hearing about your interaction at Prime Time Café!! It's so cute how J is really into the Indy Show. I don't understand people who just don't get "personal space"! I would have been really annoyed with that guy too. You are a sweet sister to give up your beer. :)
Some interactions are better than others but this one was absolutely great!! It's definitely his favorite show there now. Something tells me it will be a "must do" every time we're at HS! It was tough parting with that beer b/c it was a Safari Amber & it's a favorite of mine!!
We've had the same server at 50's! He's fantastic!
He was great!! I tried getting a good look at his name tag but couldn't & sometimes I feel super creepy for trying to stare at it for too long!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

Back to Rey again...
IMG_5304.JPEG

At this point you have to go back outside. Even though I had zero clue as to what was going on I thought it was pretty neat.
IMG_5305.JPEG

IMG_5306.JPEG

I didn't understand what this guy was talking about.
IMG_5307.JPEG

We were led back inside.
IMG_5308.JPEG

I couldn't follow the humans so I surely couldn't follow this fella either!!
IMG_5310.JPEG

IMG_5311.JPEG

I had seen many pictures & advertisements of this but there is nothing like seeing it in person. It was very cool!! It is also very intimidating!!
IMG_5312.JPEG

At this point I felt that the wait was worth it just to experience this!!
IMG_5314.JPEG

Whoa, who am I?

I was actually getting excited for the next part of the attraction!!
IMG_5315.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

Again, I don't have much to say since I didn't know what was going on.
IMG_5316.JPEG

IMG_5317.JPEG

IMG_5318.JPEG

IMG_5319.JPEG

IMG_5320.JPEG

I kind of felt like this attraction was "the gift that keeps on giving" b/c something new kept happening leading up to the actual ride itself.
IMG_5321.JPEG

Time to board the ride!!
IMG_5322.JPEG

IMG_5323.JPEG

These things are intimidating. I felt like an ant compared to them!!
IMG_5325.JPEG

IMG_5326.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

Last post with RotR photos....
IMG_5328.JPEG

IMG_5329.JPEG

The end.
IMG_5330.JPEG

IMG_5331.JPEG

My thoughts on RotR-for what it's worth coming from this non-Star Wars fan???
It was AMAZING!! I rank it right up there with Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey(which I think is probably the best ride of all time--sorry Disney :cautious:) So much went into this ride & there's so much to it that I can see how it could break down a lot. If I don't get back to it for awhile it won't be the end of the world for me but I am thankful & happy that I did get to experience it!!
IMG_5332.JPEG

At that point what I was really thankful for was the fact that I wasn't waiting in the current line for RotR......
IMG_5333.JPEG

I thought it would never end...
IMG_5334.JPEG

IMG_5335.JPEG

....but it finally did. By the entrance to The Muppets!!:jawdrop: Now that is a line I would not have stood in for sure!!
IMG_5336.JPEG

I decided to stop in Baseline on my way out to get a beer. There was only a few people in line but I realized I wouldn't be able to wait. I had to use the restroom. I was tied up with RotR for so long that it had been quite awhile since I used a restroom so I bailed out of Baseline. Darn--well, there's always next time!!
IMG_5337.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

While I was on RotR E sent me this picture with a text saying "We're Home".
IMG_5344.JPG

I decided to stop here for a beverage.
IMG_5339.JPEG

I was going to try the Snake Alley.
IMG_5338.JPEG

But ended up with my usual. Why am I so boring??
IMG_5340.JPEG

In the meantime the Muddy Rivers crew was having fun.
IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5345.JPG

I was more than ready to leave HS. I had spent almost a full 12 hours there.
IMG_5341.JPEG

But first I filled up the popcorn bucket one last time for the day!!
IMG_5342.JPEG

Until next time!!
IMG_5346.JPEG

I decided to take a Lyft to Riverside. The Riverside bus stop at HS is one of the further ones & I just did not feel like walking all that way. Plus, I was in a hurry to get there!!:inlove:
IMG_5347.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

10 minutes after being picked up at HS I was home!! :happy:
IMG_5349.JPEG

The rest of the crew was already at The River Roost.
IMG_5350.JPEG

J had got something from The Riverside Mill & R got the pizza which he was very disappointed with. He, like E & I loved the flatbreads there but they're off the menu like many of their better options unfortunately.
IMG_5351.JPEG

IMG_5352.JPEG

We placed an order at The River Roost. E got the Bourbon Burger. I ordered the Loaded Potato Puffs & the Andouille Sausage-Cheese Dip for us to share.
IMG_5353.JPEG

I was so happy to be there!!
IMG_5354.JPEG

After placing our order I happily walked around the grounds for a little bit.
IMG_5355.JPEG

IMG_5356.JPEG

IMG_5357.JPEG

IMG_5359.JPEG

I was so happy to be at Riverside!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

I just took my time & strolled around the grounds.
IMG_5361.JPEG

IMG_5362.JPEG

Not my greatest Riverside pictures I have to say.
IMG_5363.JPEG

IMG_5364.JPEG

I walked through the lobby & headed back to The River Roost.
IMG_5366.JPEG

J wanted to got to Fulton's so he & I went there.
IMG_5367.JPEG

IMG_5368.JPEG

He decided he really liked this pen so I bought it. This might sound petty but the CM who checked us out asked me if I had any discounts so I pulled out my AP card & ID. She looked at it & never applied the discount:rolleyes: I didn't realize it until we got back to The River Roost & I didn't feel like going back. It would have meant a savings of only $2.60 but a penny saved is a penny earned!!
IMG_5369.JPEG

E liked the burger & the tots were good as usual. The sausage/cheese dip was gross. We all decided that was a one & done for us!!
IMG_5371.JPEG

I took J to the food court to get a treat. He wanted a cupcake. When we got to the register the CM told me that it was on Mickey!! I've never had that happen to me!! I was so touched & I could feel my eyes starting to water. I thanked him 3 or 4 times. We grabbed some napkins & a fork on the way out & we passed by him & I just had to thank him again. That more than made up for me not getting the AP discount on the pen!!
IMG_5372.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

We knew we wouldn't be staying for much of Bob's show but did want to catch a bit before we left. We asked for our check around 8:40 b/c sometimes it takes them a bit to come around to the tables so we didn't want to be scrambling at the last minute. $15.20 in savings!!
IMG_5374.JPEG

We talked to Bob before the show started & told him we wouldn't be there long since we were staying at a different resort.
IMG_5375.JPEG

But we had fun as always!!
IMG_5376.JPEG

IMG_5377.JPEG

J loves going up front when he calls all the kids down.
IMG_5379.JPEG

IMG_5380.JPEG

We had requested a Minnie Van. Our time was approaching so we left The River Roost. We headed out back to take one last walk around.
IMG_5381.JPEG

IMG_5382.JPEG

I was so greatful for the little bit of time I got to spend there!!
IMG_5383.JPEG

J was really into his new pen(it writes in a bunch of different colors). He drew on the receipt forever.
IMG_5384.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH

We sat inside for a few more minutes then headed outside.
IMG_5385.JPEG

Remember my last TR with J sitting on the ground all the time??
IMG_5389.JPEG

IMG_5390.JPEG

Soon enough our Minnie Van arrived & it was time to leave POR :cry:
IMG_5392.JPEG

We were back at AoA in no time.
IMG_5394.JPEG

Our driver dropped us off as close as he could to our building which was nice.
IMG_5395.JPEG

IMG_5396.JPEG

IMG_5397.JPEG

It was a long day & everyone was ready for bed except J who was still drawing. Instead of sitting on the floor he was now laying on it :jawdrop:
IMG_5398.JPEG

Kids.....
IMG_5399.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom