Rips in Haunted Mansion paintings

Raineman

Had to be before the first time I went in 71 cause there were problems then
What? How can that be? WDW was absolutely perfect for decades, and then, since one day about 10 years ago-just horrible! How dare you say that there were problems back in the halcyon days of the Magic Kingdom! BLASPHEMER! :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
they set and expectation for quests, they advertised it. Now there is nothing stated about service levels, they live on an old reputation that has come and gone. Now rides get run down and closed for a refurb period. No ongoing maintenance. As far as a timeframe are you saying there was never a higher service level than what we receive today? This is it it was never any better?
I want a year or even a range of when this magical golden age was that you keep describing.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have a rash on my elbow that itches, what do you suggest :rolleyes:
1519315199801.png

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow....just...wow, guys. Things can get snarky REALLY quickly on the forums, it's a little intimidating, to be honest. I found it interesting to know the paintings are capable of being damaged to that extent, for whatever that's worth.
They are probably the biggest wear item in the attraction. Each one use to be hand painted. They then went to printing on canvas and I believe they use a kind of mylar now.

macefamily

I would think the mindset of WDW ride engineers is that it just adds to the appeal. It's an old mansion, and who is to say that things don't become decrepit and worn. It's a natural occurrence so it probably looks better than them trying to design and fake it. Same with Tower of Terror. It shouldn't look like the Swan and Dolphin; it needs to look old and creepy. They should focus more on the mechanical aspects of these rides because my last three times at WDW we got stuck on Haunted Mansion. Not say I don't like that, I love stopping and being able to observe part of the ride in detail. Tower of Terror went partially down last time we were there; that sucked. There were only two cars working so the queue was backed up to the entrance while they funneled in Fast Passers by the dozens (we didn't have one).

mergatroid

I would think the mindset of WDW ride engineers is that it just adds to the appeal. It's an old mansion, and who is to say that things don't become decrepit and worn. It's a natural occurrence so it probably looks better than them trying to design and fake it. Same with Tower of Terror. It shouldn't look like the Swan and Dolphin; it needs to look old and creepy. They should focus more on the mechanical aspects of these rides because my last three times at WDW we got stuck on Haunted Mansion. Not say I don't like that, I love stopping and being able to observe part of the ride in detail. Tower of Terror went partially down last time we were there; that sucked. There were only two cars working so the queue was backed up to the entrance while they funneled in Fast Passers by the dozens (we didn't have one).

If the ride stopped for a short while then restarted it may well have been to let a disabled person load or unload.

EricsBiscuit

And why haven't they replaced the light bulbs in there with newer LED bulbs? It's so dark in there, so many shadows, can't see a thing. And there seems to be alot of stuff in the attic that should be thrown out or sold on craigslist.
I just hope they have good insurance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom