Rips in Haunted Mansion paintings

Goofyernmost

are you both inferring attention to show quality has remained at relatively the same level since 1971?
No more then you are inferring that it hasn't. Neither one can be considered completely correct. Some stuff is much better and some stuff is a little worn out.

DisAl

One of the interesting things about HM is that they actually have to ADD dust and "cobwebs" on a regular basis. I sure wish they would just come and collect mine. I would gladly donate all I have at no cost if they would just come collect them! ;)
Imagine a CM trying to explain that his job is to "dust" the HM! :D

smile

No more then you are inferring that it hasn't. Neither one can be considered completely correct. Some stuff is much better and some stuff is a little worn out.

not to say today's general level is a disgrace, by most means...
but i think the answer to that question is blatantly obvious - if for no other reason (even though there are many others) than the bar was so high

and with that, i'll end my part in this discussion by saying we'll agree to disagree - c'est la vie

Last edited:

Raineman

One of the interesting things about HM is that they actually have to ADD dust and "cobwebs" on a regular basis. I sure wish they would just come and collect mine. I would gladly donate all I have at no cost if they would just come collect them! ;)
Imagine a CM trying to explain that his job is to "dust" the HM! :D
I would bet that some of the areas of IASW that are in the back of the show scenes have more real dust and grime on them than the show scenes at HM have with fake dust. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that an original WDW attraction like IASW may be slightly dirty/dusty in a few spots.

BoarderPhreak

I would bet that some of the areas of IASW that are in the back of the show scenes have more real dust and grime on them than the show scenes at HM have with fake dust. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that an original WDW attraction like IASW may be slightly dirty/dusty in a few spots.
I can guarantee you anything that's not visible from "on stage" is pretty sketchy. Check the inside of ol' Wilbur's tub in COP some time, or anything else on that ride for that matter. It truly looks like it's been there since the late 60s (and all that comes with that).

Raineman

I can guarantee you anything that's not visible from "on stage" is pretty sketchy. Check the inside of ol' Wilbur's tub in COP some time, or anything else on that ride for that matter. It truly looks like it's been there since the late 60s (and all that comes with that).
Funny you mention that-the last time I was on COP in November of last year, I thought there were a few set pieces that I would not want to be too close to, or touch, and that tub was one of them. I love COP, but the whole attraction has that slightly musty, oily/greasy smell (which is not entirely unpleasant-it is a Disney theme park smell to me, just like the POTC water smell, and has alot of positive connotations with it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom