RIP Turtles 360

jeanericuser001

Original Poster
Recently Sea World did a massive change to Turtles 360 with a rebrand as Rescue Center. The original entrance has been removed. The pathway entrance is now reversed with the entrance being where the exit use to be and the new exit going directly into the outdoor section of the gift shop. They have also done a huge renovation inside which removed remains of the former show preshow elements. Now its closer to an aquarium setup. As for the show itself, I snuck a peek inside and it appeared they are making extensive changes inside as it appeared the screen itself may have been removed in order to aid in future renovations. Rest in Peace Turtles 360.

Journey_On

We went there a few months ago. The changes were....shocking. I really miss the days of TurtleTrek. I'm grateful I have my memories of working there.

celluloid

We went there a few months ago. The changes were....shocking. I really miss the days of TurtleTrek. I'm grateful I have my memories of working there.
I worked there through Animal Programs. I wonder if we crossed paths. Likely. I will never forget the spiel and when the attraction was at its finest. The level of attraction was desperately needed at the park.

It had suffered the same fate as it's previous inhabitant.

Manatees, The Last Generation? Was really a cool projection set up for it's time too.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

As good as the coasters are, I’m not sure nothing but rollercoasters and aquariums is a good direction. They need these shows, dark rides and smaller attractions to round out the park.
If they weren't in Orlando I would agree with you. Cause they would be competing with Universal and Disney in that market it doesn't make sense to go in that direction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If they weren't in Orlando I would agree with you. Cause they would be competing with Universal and Disney in that market it doesn't make sense to go in that direction.
They were going in their own direction which had cuteness to it. Now we have a closed show, a closed dark ride and a butchered water coaster that’s a shadow of its former self. Much like Epcot was before the mistake, they could reap so much by spending comparatively little.

MatheusPG

Unfortunately SeaWorld's current high management team is completely garbage and completely clueless, they don't understand anything about the parks and simply look for the numbers, just like Bob Chapek. SeaWorld previous strategy of mixing theming, shows and good rides was really unique and what really set them apart, it was an experience like you couldn't find anywhere else, now, is just a regular theme park, which is really sad. You don't feel the parks as unique anymore, even the shows have really worsened recently. That combination of awesome shows that mixed nature and science, plus good rides and theming, was truly magical...

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately SeaWorld's current high management team is completely garbage and completely clueless, they don't understand anything about the parks and simply look for the numbers, just like Bob Chapek. SeaWorld previous strategy of mixing theming, shows and good rides was really unique and what really set them apart, it was an experience like you couldn't find anywhere else, now, is just a regular theme park, which is really sad. You don't feel the parks as unique anymore, even the shows have really worsened recently. That combination of awesome shows that mixed nature and science, plus good rides and theming, was truly magical...
Really good observation. I'm still a relatively "new" SWO fan. I went for the first time in 2016 and have been an AP since. Some of the most memorable moments of my five years in Orlando were spent at SeaWorld. There was something really special about the park. But my visit last summer, left me feeling a little cold. The charm wasn't there anymore, even Electric Ocean felt soulless. I hope this is just a growing pains phase and they'll rebound soon.

Jrb1979

Really good observation. I'm still a relatively "new" SWO fan. I went for the first time in 2016 and have been an AP since. Some of the most memorable moments of my five years in Orlando were spent at SeaWorld. There was something really special about the park. But my visit last summer, left me feeling a little cold. The charm wasn't there anymore, even Electric Ocean felt soulless. I hope this is just a growing pains phase and they'll rebound soon.
Unfortunately I think the theming aspect of the parks is a thing of the past. From the additions company wide they are heading in the Cedar Fair direction versus a theme park direction. To make up for the lack of theming, I've heard nothing but good things about their Halloween and Christmas event.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I've heard nothing but good things about their Halloween and Christmas event
Their Christmas event is the best in town, though some of the decor (lights in particular) have been parred down in recent years. I'm just glad they brought back O Wondrous Night in '22. It really adds a whole new level to the event and certainly stomps on another Christmas show up the road that's a complete snoozefest.

Jrb1979

Their Christmas event is the best in town, though some of the decor (lights in particular) have been parred down in recent years. I'm just glad they brought back O Wondrous Night in '22. It really adds a whole new level to the event and certainly stomps on another Christmas show up the road that's a complete snoozefest.
It's a shame that more people don't check it out.

celluloid

As good as the coasters are, I’m not sure nothing but rollercoasters and aquariums is a good direction. They need these shows, dark rides and smaller attractions to round out the park.

Exactly. When your tall 7 year old is not tall enough for Ice Breaker, but too old to find Sesame Street Land exciting, there is an issue. His favorite thing was Turtle Trek. Partly due to past visits and fun screen but also because inspiring and he could do it. He even liked Wild Artic which should have been spruced up and concept revisited.

That post opening Ice Breaker height requirement change was one of the oddest things in industry fails because it is why the coaster was made.

Jon81uk

Exactly. When your tall 7 year old is not tall enough for Ice Breaker, but too old to find Sesame Street Land exciting, there is an issue. His favorite thing was Turtle Trek. Partly due to past visits and fun screen but also because inspiring and he could do it. He even liked Wild Artic which should have been spruced up and concept revisited.

That post opening Ice Breaker height requirement change was one of the oddest things in industry fails because it is why the coaster was made.

Exactly, it’s not about trying to compete against Disney and Universal but just making sure there is enough to do for the whole family.

celluloid

I could see the next thing they do is add in a few rides with a 48" height requirement.
Ice breaker was supposed to be so they def should. It sounds like the indoor mild coaster could help but it would still be a coaster. They honestly.need more for the 40-48 inch range in general that are not water rides. They lost Turtle Trek, Antarctica and Wild Artic as well as Ice Breaker not working out.

Jrb1979

Ice breaker was supposed to be so they def should. It sounds like the indoor mild coaster could help but it would still be a coaster. They honestly.need more for the 40-48 inch range in general that are not water rides. They lost Turtle Trek, Antarctica and Wild Artic as well as Ice Breaker not working out.
I do get what you're saying. I do agree they could use some attractions that aren't coasters. I don't think you will see much in the 40"-48" category. If you look at the all the SeaWorld parks as a whole they slowly heading away from themed parks. They are heading in the Cedar Fair parks direction.

celluloid

I do get what you're saying. I do agree they could use some attractions that aren't coasters. I don't think you will see much in the 40"-48" category. If you look at the all the SeaWorld parks as a whole they slowly heading away from themed parks. They are heading in the Cedar Fair parks direction.

Which is funny, because Cedar Fair Parks learned they have had to do the family route more than just thrill.

Indoor venues, River cruise boat rides and this year's big thrill is a family Wild Mouse Coaster.

They are definitely going for the Coaster Capitol of Orlando title. It is all ebb and flow though. They have always been the coaster heavier zoological parks. But even Cedar Point and King's island had more for my kids to do with us than Sea World.

I get that there are Sea Life based shows and I.am still.happy for that.

As bad as Wild Artic had aged, it does not need nothing for it's ride replacement.

No reason Turtle Trek cannot play the show in cycles for something to do.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom