RIP Fess Parker

Baylordad

Davy Crockett

I saw Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier Movie the summer of 1955 at the cost of .09 cents at out local theater in West Texas. Needless to say, several of us boys had skin caps.

RiversideBunny

In addition to coonskin caps, there was pretty much Davy Crockett everything. It was as if the Harry Potter craze and the Star Wars craze were combined.

T-shirts, books, toy guns, etc.
I even saw some Davy Crockett bubble gum.

RIP.
:)

prberk

In addition to coonskin caps, there was pretty much Davy Crockett everything. It was as if the Harry Potter craze and the Star Wars craze were combined.

T-shirts, books, toy guns, etc.
I even saw some Davy Crockett bubble gum.

RIP.
:)

Even Henry has one in the Country Bear Jamboree! -- But with a live racoon!

wserratore1963

:cry: RIP - DAVY
Try Google News:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postmortem/2010/03/fess-parker-tv-frontiersman-di.html

Fess Parker, TV Frontiersman, Dies

A nation doffs its coonskin caps to Fess Parker, who starred on the TV series "Davy Crockett" and "Daniel Boone" in the 1950s and 1960s and who died today at his home in the Santa Ynez Valley, calif., according to his managers. He was 85.
Mr. Parker, a native Texas, left show business for a career in business and real estate in the 1970s. He opened mobile home parks and a luxury hotel in California and started Fess Parker Winery.

Mr Wizard

Fess Parker changed my life. My older brother was born in 1950. When my parents named him Dave only one nurse in the hospital said "Wasn't there some famous guy with that name?" ( Did I mention that my last name is Crockett ?) He was about 5 when all the Davy Crockett mania was starting. When his picture appeared in a local newspaper in full coonskin attire it was spotted by Trishia Nixon, daughter of the then vice-president. She had her father send him a letter asking for the autograph of the "real" Davy Crockett, on official white House stationary. His head started swelling then and has never quite stopped. That name got him dates with the best looking girls, got him out of speeding tickets, the best tables at restaruants and many more perks than I can count. So I have spent my whole life in his shadow. To this day few people know my real name, I am just Davy Crockett's little brother.

JACKNAG

God , Bless you Fess, one of the originals that make you think of the Disney L:cool:and show with walt, or for me Vault Disney on the original Disney channel, boy do I miss Vault Disney at 4:00 am when I have insomnia now.!!!

Wilt Dasney

Fess Parker changed my life. My older brother was born in 1950. When my parents named him Dave only one nurse in the hospital said "Wasn't there some famous guy with that name?" ( Did I mention that my last name is Crockett ?) He was about 5 when all the Davy Crockett mania was starting. When his picture appeared in a local newspaper in full coonskin attire it was spotted by Trishia Nixon, daughter of the then vice-president. She had her father send him a letter asking for the autograph of the "real" Davy Crockett, on official white House stationary. His head started swelling then and has never quite stopped. That name got him dates with the best looking girls, got him out of speeding tickets, the best tables at restaruants and many more perks than I can count. So I have spent my whole life in his shadow. To this day few people know my real name, I am just Davy Crockett's little brother.

I expected some kind of touching tribute when I read the first sentence. What a crazy story!

Dwarful

Very sad. My 9 yr old daughter is currently going through a Daniel Boone / Little House on the Prarie stage. Daniel Boone is played every night from 7 -8 pm on a local station and most nights... if homework is done, we are watching. Very sad to hear about his passing. The world has lost another class act.

Duckberg

Fess Parker Boomer IDOL

When Walt Disney himself picked the 6'6" Texan, Fess Parker to play Crockett he hit the bulls eye. Parker connected right off the bat with the public turning the series into a national craze. As a five year old at that time I was part of the craze. coonskin cap and all! Parker had darn good successful careers in both entertainment & business. Plus a long life to boot! We should all be as lucky. :sohappy: Duckberg :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom