Riding Space Moutain with the lights on

Cmdr_Crimson

tumblr_m8rmi4mU3a1rvc709o1_500.jpg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Seen the SM works with lights on...from the ride vehicle...but we were stopped...unloaded and taken down the elevator...given FP for any ride

Same happened to me, except it was pre-fp and we had to go down steps. I really don't want a ride with the lights on.

Musophile

I rode it once in 2011 with the lights on due to a some problem (lights came on just as our ride started, but our ride completed normally). The ride is not pretty with the lights on. It was never designed to have the lights on, and everything is just hanging out in the open. There is no theming.

BryceM

I always dread that it will happen to me. I think it would be neat, but it would also completely ruin the ride. Nothing screams "space" more than flimsy, jungle-gym like supports...

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
We were riding one late night during EMH's and the vehicle on the opposite track got stuck or had some other problems. We ended up doing the second half of the ride with the lights on. It was interesting to see how the interior of the building actually looked but as others have stated, its much better as intended, with the lights off.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's classed as bad show (yee haw) and thus isn't in a show-ready state for regular guests.

TOT with lights on though.... That was cool ;)

Aurora1

I've done TOT partially with lights on- our ride broke down right after the drop and as we sat there they turned the lights on. There's actually cool theming in TOT when the lights are on- creepy ventriloquist dummies and stuff like that!

the-reason14

Well obviously it's better with the lights off because that's the way it was designed. But I think it would be great to ride it all the way through with the lights on. I've come close a few times, but never got to see the entire thing.

JIMINYCR

Well obviously it's better with the lights off because that's the way it was designed. But I think it would be great to ride it all the way through with the lights on. I've come close a few times, but never got to see the entire thing.

I've been on it with the lights on and it ruined the ride for me. With the darkness theres more of the unknown of when the ride cars about to enter curves or banks, also whats the sense of riding a "space ride" not in space? Much prefer the dark ride. Only wish it were "more" darker, pitch black. With lights on, it's just another coaster....:(

the-reason14

I've been on it with the lights on and it ruined the ride for me. With the darkness theres more of the unknown of when the ride cars about to enter curves or banks, also whats the sense of riding a "space ride" not in space? Much prefer the dark ride. Only wish it were "more" darker, pitch black. With lights on, it's just another coaster....:(

I guess when you've been on it as much as I have then pretty much know the layout as is. And it would be nice to actually get to see it as I've rarely seen it before. Let's not get crazy and think the people who want to see it with the lights on are saying let's change it and keep the lights on permanently. It's just a simple suggestion for a rare time to see it that way.

JIMINYCR

I guess when you've been on it as much as I have then pretty much know the layout as is. And it would be nice to actually get to see it as I've rarely seen it before. Let's not get crazy and think the people who want to see it with the lights on are saying let's change it and keep the lights on permanently. It's just a simple suggestion for a rare time to see it that way.

Oh I know people arent polling to get the ride changed to Lights on mode. Just saying , whats the thrill ?, its just another coaster when the lights are on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom