Rides you wish never went away

KRW101

I know these were probably post 2012. However I would say Maelstrom, and the old version of Test Track. The new version does nothing for me. Also I know not an attraction but the entire Wonders of Life Pavilion. I absolutely loved it in there as a kid.

Agree with you, the new Test Track is really bad.

I would bring back: World of Motion, Horizons, Mr. Toad, 20k and Alien Encounter.

Magenta Panther

Maelstrom. Should have been kept and plussed, and the Frozen ride built elsewhere, and plussed also.

The Great Movie Ride. It still hurts that it's gone.

And of course Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment, a ride I never personally experienced, but saw via Youtube. Awesome!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
1768236_1.jpg

GVentola

I will always miss my childhood favorite, If You Had Wings, though I rode its replacement, Dreamflight, often because of its short lines. I wouldn't get rid of Dreamflight's replacement, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, though, because kids like my cousin Christopher love it, and rode on it 3 or 4 times in one day.

I also miss World of Motion. It was like a funny version of Spaceship Earth, except dealing with the history of transportation instead of communication. I ended up loving its replacement, Test Track, though. And that's my third choice for this thread, the original Test Track. I still can't believe it's gone.

Mickey5150

I'd like Mr Toad's and Snow White back in fantasyland. Then find a spot and move Winnie the pooh over by Splash and Big Thunder so there is something for little kids to do while waiting for their older siblings to ride the mountains. Remove one of the shops from the entrance of Fantasyland and stick fairytale hall there. There we go, add 2 rides and only remove a shop.

JusticeDisney

There are a few, but if I had to pick one it would be 20k.

I am sure my memories have been improved upon by the passage of time, but that attraction always left me awestruck as a kid. The feeling remained even after I got older an knew how they did this and that. The immersion was just so complete and it sucked me in full bore.
This.

Oh, what I wouldn’t give for just ONE more experience on that ride. I feel funny saying this, but it almost makes me emotional.

So many to name but these three are what I hoped to bring my children to see. Sea Base Alpha, Horizons and Swim with the Sharks at Typhoon Lagoon, not really a ride but something you could come back home and tell others about.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Mission to Mars, when it first opened. I know they slowed things down at some point, but I was one of the unlucky few who tried it in all of its full glory and man I was so sick afterwards. I was able to hold it together and not puke, but it was touch and go. I so regret that ride, that I avoid that one ride like the plague

CoasterSnoop

Alien Encounter. Just Alien Encounter.

And JII, Horizons, and WoM. There’s no reason creatively speaking none of those rides are still operating in FW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom