Rides you were surprised you enjoyed

HotPinkMidNite

Original Poster
1st of all, as a 1st time poster, I just wanna say hi :wave:

I've been watching these boards for a while, and I've noticed a lot of best rides/worst rides threads. And I was just wondering if any of you went (or in some cases, were forced) on a ride that didn't appeal to you or just wasn't your type of ride, but you ended up enjoying it.

The American Adventure in Epcot surprised me. I'm not much of a history person and the last thing I wanted to do on my vacation was get a history lesson. But my parents wanted to see it so I didn't argue. I actually ended up liking it. The show overall is really well done and surprisingly didn't get boring.

The Energy ride was another one. I remember going on that ride the first time I ever went to Disney when I was 5. The only thing I could remember about it was the dinosaur part in the beginning, which I liked, followed by a painfully boring movie that I ended up sleeping through. I don't know if anything exciting happened after that, but if it did I slept through it. I went on it again last summer and found it was much more entertaining.

A third is the Haunted Mansion. I list this one only because I was too terrified to go on it the first time we went. It has since become one of my absolute favorite rides.:)

wondersofdave89

Welcome to the Boards! :wave:

Definitly Soarin'. I thought is was going to be just a cheap thrill, but it was an excellent experience. Mission: Space was another one I was suprised with, as well as crush n' gusher.

nicholas

I've got a couple.

American Adventure
TTA
Indy Speedway

In fact, the TTA is now on my "must do" list.

And welcome to wdwmagic! :wave:

Scooter

Mine has to be The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

I thought this was going to be some cheesy simulated trick drop done with special effects Lights.

I amost dumped in my drawers when we did the drop. :dazzle:

Now it's one of my favorites! :sohappy:

Sledge

Account Suspended
I also didn't think I'd like ToT. I didn't realize it had all the cool stuff to see before the drops. I thought you got in and it shot you to the top and you started dropping. Kinda like the Six Flags rides that just shoot you up and let you bounce down. I'm not a big fan of those since they are kind of boring but ToT I ended up loving. :)

Brer_roadrunner

This might come as a shock to most....

Splash Mountain... I loathe log flume's... I went on it kicking and screaming at first, but I felt I had to do it since it's a headline attraction... Now I'm hooked, I can't get enough of it... I still have one problem with it though... You get off the ride smelling funky:)... Stale water stench...........YUCK!

Ringo8n24

Peter Pan's Flight. I thought it would be too preschooler, but I really like it...especially when you fly over London. It is now one of my "must do" rides when we visit. Now I understand why the lines are always so long, too.

Epcot82Guy

I agree with Splash. It came out about the same time as the Splashwater Falls, Congo Falls, etc.-type rides at other parks. Therefore, I thought it would literally be a go up a hill and down a big slide ride with nothing more. Therefore, I didn't ride it until 1996. BOY WAS I SURPRISED! Such a great ride, it is now easily in my top 3 of Disney.

Ellen's Energy Adventure, Sounds Dangerous (runs for cover), Tough to be a Bug, and Primeival Whirl also would make the list.

stitchlvr

The Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. I only went into HoP as an escape from the heat and a place to sit down. I was at MK with my then 6 year old son, and he didn't like any of the E-ticket rides, so we had done just about everything already. But even my son loved it. It was probably extra special that day because this was just a few days after Ronald Reagan's passing.

CoP was another one we did only because we did everything else, and it was my son's favorite! I never really knew much about it, didn't really know of its history but I could feel it when we were on it. I am now a huge fan of CoP!

My son was dragged onto HM (not literally, but he was hesitant) but after going once, it was one of his favorites! We must have rode it 6-8 times on our trip.

OmegaKnight

Definitely Carousel of Progress. I never gave much thought to it because it never had a long line next to it but one day when I was waiting for my Space Mountain FastPass time to arrive, I decided to try this attraction out and loved every moment of it. It just made me realize how grand of a showman Walt Disney truly was.

Christina

I was amazed at how much I liked COP the first time I went on it a few years ago. Usually we just ignored it and hit the nearby Space instead, but after having done SM for a while we were feeling a bit sick so we went into the COP... it really is a fantastic ride.

And all of the rides in Fantasyland. I thought I'd hate rides like Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan's Flight, but I really think they're very good. ESPECIALLY PPF. It's sucha whimsical ride... I love it.

Disneyfan1981

Welcome to the Boards! It'd have to be Mission: Space. I thought I'd like but never as much as I did. Its by far my favorite ride at WDW right now....of course Everest IS coming....

Captain Chaos

I may get chewed out for this one but I really came away liking Primeval Whirl. I didn't like the whole Chester and Hester idea. And I thought that area was a total waste of space. Than, for the first time last year, I rode Primeval Whirl, and liked it. It is not a must do, but a nice little time filler.

surfsupdon

TTA: I used to refuse to ride it and laugh at my parents when they mentioned it, but it is now a must do, several times per vacation.

Tom Sawyer's: So much fun, but never went to it b/c it was not a "ride."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom