Rides that were never built

bhg469

What about rides that were opened but were 1/3 of what they were supposed to be... like mine train! That could should have been so much more...
I was always partial to the idea of beastly kingdom as a whole.

BlindChow

It's what eventually became The Land. I'll have a video including it early next year ;)
Is this it?

TEMP disney concept art - the land pavilion.jpg

Robbiem

Some of my favourites

Dick Tracy crime stoppers- was supposed to go on sunset boulevard you would have ridden in old cars and shot bad guys with tommy guns. Got canned after the movie didn't do as well as expected and the gangster theme was thought too dark

Great muppet movie ride. Part of a planned muppets land which got cancelled after Jim Henson died would have been a spoof of the GMR with muppets playing roles from famous movies with everything going wrong. I'd still love to see his built

yaksplat

Some of my favourites
Great muppet movie ride. Part of a planned muppets land which got cancelled after Jim Henson died would have been a spoof of the GMR with muppets playing roles from famous movies with everything going wrong. I'd still love to see his built

That would be hilarious and amazing.

Tayoboy

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Some of my favourites

**** Tracy crime stoppers- was supposed to go on sunset boulevard you would have ridden in old cars and shot bad guys with tommy guns. Got canned after the movie didn't do as well as expected and the gangster theme was thought too dark

I feel as if, the Great Muppet Movie ride COULD still happen in the future, but idk if the muppets have the popularity for it.

Bender123

Where to start.... EPCOT Center?

Health and Life
Tooth Follies
The Journey Within
Space Pavilion
Mineral Pavilion with cable car and suspended omnimover
The Seas
Costa Rica
Switzerland
Denmark
Africa
Rhine River
Roman Ruins
Spain
Israel
UAE
Meet the World
Vaudeville Theatre
Thames Cruise
Alice Maze
Russia
Tron Arcade
Autopia jr
Rainforest Rollercoaster

So many of those great river rides that were never built...I remember my first trip, as a kid, and getting the "Epcot: Creating the New World of Tomorrow" book and reading all about the Rhine river, Italy and "Meet the World". When I went back in 82, I was so excited to see how incredible Future World was and how it was exactly like how the book said it was going to be...then World Showcase happened. Started at Mexico and thought it was awesome, the movie at China was incredible to five year old me, then Germany happened, then Italy and Japan...It was like a series of disappointments that never really improved.

It was like all those promises just died the moment you got to World Showcase. In 35 years, those countries got Norway, a Donald Duck overlay and literally nothing else. I now appreciate more of the cultural stuff, stores and food, but otherwise, what a wasteland.

I would love to see Remy and another ride or two back there...As an adult, I love World Showcase, but its so stagnant. As an adult who has been there and done that, if it weren't for the food, I would have no reason to go back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom