Rides after dark

PBarton

I guess the Magic Kingdom Skyway would have been pretty cool at night also!
Walking around the World Showcase at night is great too...

In fact - It's ALL GOOD!!!

jmenjes

Big Thunder Mountain (is it me or do the trains seem to go faster at night than during the day?)

Splash Mountain
Test Track
Haunted Mansion
Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Figment1986

TTA.... (turn off all but neon lights in tomorrowland... and let me have power to make stobes.. hahaha..)

Splash Mt... (the view....)

Test Track.. (over and over and over again.. one car operation... Strobes..)

Big Thunder Mountain.... With strobes :lookaroun getting an idea yet??)

And finally... hmm... I dont know yet.... Let me think on it..

1. Jungle Cruise (I actually did this and my family and I were the only ones there...we went while wishes was on...we went to the MK 3 times in that week lol. The skipper gaves us a behind the scenes tour type of thing...and he kept laughing because i would finish his corney jokes LOL. He also said that the sound made in "shirley's temple" is actually air...and it wasnt done on purpose...as to make it sound like a snake...but it worked well so they kept it...)

2. TOT...awesome!

3. Splash Mountain

4. The Peoplemover (tomorrowland transit authority)

5. The Haunted Mansion...the darkness adds to the eeriness of it all

ScrapIron

BTMRR is my fave because you're eyes aren't constantly adjusting to going in and out of tunnels. It is faster as the day goes on because the wheel grease get hotter the more the trains are run. JC can be good, but how good that one is depends upon the skipper, day or night.

Storybookland at DL is much better at night due to the lighting.

I understand the appeal of dark rides at night since your eyes are more adjusted to low light, and you can see more detail. For that same reason, I completely fail to see a greater appeal of Space Mtn. at night. When I first rode SM at WDW, having already ridden the one at DL, I was shocked at how dark it ISN'T in WDW (maybe something has changed since 1993, I'll know in a few weeks). Going at night, with eyes in low light mode, means it will seem even less dark. I have prescription shades, but bring a clear pair of specs to put on for all indoor attractions except SM.

Cheers.

surfsupdon

-Big Thunder at night is AWESOME (back seat)
-Tower of Terror (MGM is pretty at night)
-Jungle Cruise (very relaistic and freaky)
-Splash (castle lit up at night)

DigitalDisney

1. BTMR - Quite possibly the coolest ride at night
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris - Because it'd be pretty unique
3. TTA - Because it's better at night
4. TZTOT - It adds to the suspense a little. Plus the view out of the top of the tower is great
5. I'm going to be obscure and throw the Innoventions Fountain show into the mix. It's 100x better at night...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom