Ride to Universal Studios

WDWRLD

Uni....what? Ive heard of the place but no idea where it is. Last time I drove down from Va I didnt see anything on I-4 untill I saw the downtown Disney exit. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

No really, depending on how many people you have mears might be a option but there is no "Disney" shuttle to there.

Upvote 0

Figment25

We drove to Universal from POFQ, but we had a rental car, I think a taxi would probably cost you a fortune, we rented a taxi to take us from Orange Lake(a time share literally 5 minutes outside disney property) to POFQ and it cost us $35. So to take a trip to Univeral by taxi roundtrip will prob cost a small fortune. I am not sure if mears offers any special deals but would look into that option. Another option would be to rent a car, we got one for a week and cost us around 200.

Upvote 0

Figment25

Also you could even rent a car for one day, we quoted that one time and the cost was around $40, and I believe Budget will pick you up and take you from your hotel to the rental center and back when you return the car.

Upvote 0

cabihler

public transportation

if ou are not opposed to riding pubic transportation their is the LYNX bus system. they have a vast bus network and i am almost positive you could take it from the disney transportation center to universal. check out their webpage

Upvote 0

MasonDuo

I'm not sure if Mears still does this with DME and all but in 2003 my friends and I took a Mears shuttle from the lobby at ASMovies resort to Universal and they picked us up from Universal and took us back to the resort. Very affordable I want to say I only payed about $10 to $15 bucks apiece roundtrip. Try Mears or Google a shuttle company in the area. Worth a shot.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

if you are not opposed to riding pubic transportation their is the LYNX bus system. they have a vast bus network and i am almost positive you could take it from the Disney transportation center to universal. check out their webpage

There was a thread on taking the bus to I think Seaworld once and the consensus was that it would take forever as it has to make many stops and there might even be transfers.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Also you could even rent a car for one day, we quoted that one time and the cost was around $40, and I believe Budget will pick you up and take you from your hotel to the rental center and back when you return the car.

Alamo/National has onsite rental in the Car Care Center next to the Magic Kingdom entrance. Also, many of the hotels on Int'l Drive, and either the Swan or the Dolphin have car rental kiosks. Many of them will either bring you to the rental car center, or bring the car to you. If you plan on sing Disney Magic Express to/from WDW, renting a car for one or two days mid-trip for some offsite touring is a nice option.

Upvote 0

Mickey'n'Minnie

When we went to Orlando, we arranged 24 hours in advance for Mears to come pick us up at POP (they do stops at whatever hotels have bookings for that day). It was either $10 or $20 round trip and when you get on, they give you a ticket for your return trip. At the end of the day, call Mears again and let them know what time you will be waiting at the loading area (this is where they dropped you off!) and someone will be waiting for you there.

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

teddygurl28

you can call mears or call disney guest services and they will connect you, for some reason you cant book it online, but mears will pick you up at your hotel, bring you to universal and then do the return trip as well. i did this the last time i went and plan to do it again in august, it was $16 roundtrip per person last time, so $20 with tip approx. not too bad and it got me there and back in one piece!

Upvote 0

kdjf4

Mears is the best deal($16 per person RT between WDW hotels and Universal). Using the Lynx bus for Universal means connections and your timing has to be just right, you can spend a great deal of time waiting.($3.50 per person per day includes transfers). Taxi's ara about $35.00 one way.

Upvote 0

Mick G.

Actually, it depends on the size of your party, and how good a deal you can get on a rental car. 4 people on Mears at $16, plus a $10 tip [I'm cheap] is $58, probably more than a rental, and not much more than a taxi. The more people, the less Mears makes sense.

Upvote 0

Joy Peace

Actually I have reserved a car for one day in July to go to Universal and then drop off at the airport next day and the cost is $87. I got it from the Disney car center so mears is actually sounding pretty good.

Upvote 0

Joy Peace

The up side to keeping the car is that we will be able to go to the airport when we want to on Saturday. Instead of having to leave 3 or 4 hours before our flight with DME.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom