Ride refurbs what would you do?

1disneydood

SGE

Burn it, implode it, gut it, and design a new stitch attraction. There's other attractions I like much more and could have more fun with. But I feel it would be an honor to take the worst attraction on property and redesign it in a way that would benefit us all. :cool:

captcanada

1disneydood said:
SGE

Burn it, implode it, gut it, and design a new stitch attraction. There's other attractions I like much more and could have more fun with. But I feel it would be an honor to take the worst attraction on property and redesign it in a way that would benefit us all. :cool:

This is a great idea. I'll second this one.

Jheyman

Long Live AE

I third that except not with another Stich Attraction

uht oh it looks like we may have started another we hate SGE thread :lookaroun

Edeyore

Snow White should be modernized. The same way I think Mr. Toad's Wild Ride could be brought back, but with a new ride sytem for more excitement.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No question...Space Mountain. Burn the building down to the ground and start over. The coaster was groundbreaking in the 70's bout now it is nothing more than a traveling carnival coaster inside a cool building.

islandbeachnut

Master Yoda said:
No question...Space Mountain. Burn the building down to the ground and start over. The coaster was groundbreaking in the 70's bout now it is nothing more than a traveling carnival coaster inside a cool building.

I hate to say it, but I must agree...it's just not 'awesome' anymore. They really need to do something with it :( (just not during my vacation :p )

Shaman

Master Yoda said:

Couldn't agree with your more...make it similar to the Paris version...only better. That would rock!

:D

matthope03

I'm going to have to agree with the Space Mountain refurb. WDW was the first one and now it is the worst one. Definately need to bring it up to speed with the rest.

wdwfreak05

Account Suspended
Master Yoda said:

Wow, just wow. That's all I can say.

Do you honestly think that Disney would completely get rid of Space Mountain to just start all over again? Because if you do, I think you're better off being more of a Universal fan than a Disney fan.

I dont think you understand what Space Mountain means to WDW. Aside from Cinderella's Castle and Spaceship Earth it is the most recognizable venue in all of WDW. And it's not like Space Mountain has lost its popularity. It still continues to post 60-75 min long lines in the summer months. That would be a collasal waste of money if Disney were to completely refurb SM. They would be much better off spending that money on rides that really need it *cough* SGE *cough*. :lol:

Dragonrider1227

HAUNTED MANSION: First of all, I would replace the music with Phantom Manors. Not ALL of Phantom Manors because not all of it works, but bits of it would. I'd fix the sound system in the Doom Buggies and the lighting. I found it hard to see anything other than the animatronics.-

JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION: Leave the ride as it is, but have Figment offer to come to "his world" which would be the old Imageworks and play with him there. This could also be where we could re-introduce the Dreamfinder.

PIRATES: The idea of using the movie characters isn't bad, just as long as it doesn't drasticlly change the ride itself. That's how i'd do it.

Space Mountain was alright on my last visit, but it was the first time I had ever ridden in and was my first Roller Coaster.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
wdwfreak05 said:

Do you honestly think that Disney would completely get rid of Space Mountain to just start all over again? Because if you do, I think you're better off being more of a Universal fan than a Disney fan.

I dont think you understand what Space Mountain means to WDW. Aside from Cinderella's Castle and Spaceship Earth it is the most recognizable venue in all of WDW. And it's not like Space Mountain has lost its popularity. It still continues to post 60-75 min long lines in the summer months. That would be a collasal waste of money if Disney were to completely refurb SM. They would be much better off spending that money on rides that really need it *cough* SGE *cough*. :lol:
Do I think Disney will get rid of or do I want Disney to get rid Space mountain....No way.

But that ride is in desperate need for a major overhaul. The reason I said "burn it to the ground" was because I would hate to have the restraints of the current structure limit the potential of the overhaul.(aka Test Track). I would much rather Disney take more time and do it right then a rushed patch job. Quality will always win out over quantity in my book.

For the life of me I cant see the refurb of SM being a waste of money. SM was at one time the most mind blowing roller coaster on the planet. It can be so again. Then we will see 60-80 min long waits in the value season.

thejohn

wdwfreak05 said:

I agree it's ackowledged all the time even by Ric Flair WOOOO

thejohn

1disneydood said:
SGE

SGE isint that bad has a normol ride but replaceing AE it sucks.

RonAnnArbor

Fun thread!
I will agree that SM needs a refurb - but not sure the gutting thing is the way to go -- it needs to have the track cleaned, fixed, and smoothed. The cars themselves need to be completely replaced and tightened up, the lighting redone, and the soundtrack redone. I agree that DRP's SM is the best anywhere - in fact, I would argue it is one of the best coasters indoors or outdoors anywhere - but why get rid of Space Mountain which is family friendly? SM Paris is NOT family friendly - 50" and taller only and it is a total roller coaster with upside down loops and corkscrews -- but why not ADD that attraction in Tomorrowland (or discoveryland or whatever they are going to eventually call it).

Haunted Mansion - needs a complete soundtrack overhaul, and the doom buggie sound system needs to be completely replaced. EVen if they don't change it to the PM soundtrack, the sound just needs to be plain old fixed, you can barely hear the sound system anymore.

TTA - all the train cars need a coat of paint and many of the seats need to be reupholstered.

TLandGuy

Original Poster
I would have to say mine would be SM. I don't think the track needs a lot of work but I do think the rockets need to become larger friendly if you will. If you are above a certain height or certain roundness for lack of a better term (my apologies if I offend) you can't ride due to the lack of room. Also I believe the atmosphere needs to be updated. Darkness is cool and futuristic but it’s the only thing it’s got left. It has lost almost the entire "Tomorrow" feel. I think a visual refurb like that of DL would be very nice. Some things I would do would be add black lights and blue neon that kind of stuff, a more appealing load dock with some illuminated load gates, and maybe some nice flat screen TVs that talk about Space while you’re in the line. O' and of coarse a new sound track! Even if not in the rockets just a new one please!!! All things aside though it’s still my favorite ride.

Peter Pan needs a massive refurb it looks horrible. The ride just needs a refurb I can't even begin to write all the stuff it needs.

Toontown after my recent visit to DL I have realized that WDW Toontown is horrible and should be bull dowsed and redone.

Tim G

1disneydood said:
SGE

And who's gonna pay for that???

AE was changed by popular demand, not like because Disney wanted this,
the people, guest, whatever you call them, found it too scary for there kids, the people who didn''t read the warning signs... that people...
So they changed it into a kiddie ride...

So now there's no turning back... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom