Ride References in New Pirates Movie

JimboJones123

Original Poster
My favorite lines --

"Where's that dog...." I won't spoil the rest, but very funny. Anybody else see it. Lots of Easter Eggs. Really funny. No song though????

cdunbar

I know I was so disappointed that there was no song but that part you mentioned about the dog, I know exactly what you are talking about so so funny! Hey so what happended in the 1st five min, I HAD NO SOUND! ?:confused:

They had the prison scene where elizabeth was in jail and they showed the prisoners wistling and saying Come here, like they do in the ride just instead of the dog there was elizabeth. I got a kick out of that although I dont think anyone else got it :cool:

durangojim

I think the swamp scene with the voodoo lady was a reference to Disneyland's PotC and the Blue Bayou restaurant with the fireflys.

T-1MILLION

::confused:
durangojim said:
I think the swamp scene with the voodoo lady was a reference to Disneyland's PotC and the Blue Bayou restaurant with the fireflys.
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS--------------------------------

Yes I instantly as well as many others thought the same thing. So it must be.

I know it is most likely not meant to be but to me, I kept thinking wow that cannibal island being in the movie and such a big part, How many ways or how many people are going to tie in the Jungle cruise in with Pirates now at WDW???:lol: :wave:

end of SPOILERS-----------------------------------------------------

STAY UNTIL AFTER ALL OF THE CREDITS.....I thought there was a little bit that was worth it.:sohappy:
:wave:

-Preston

imagineer boy

One of the only things I was disapointed about with the movie was the lack of ride references. The mayor in the well was reused footage from the first movie ( where it was a deleted scene ). And I was VERY dissapointed that there was no song. Oh well, I still loved the movie as a whole.

OliveMcFly

I was surprised to see the dunking of the mayor...what a great reference. Also, what did y'all think of the elaborate Walt Disney Pictures opening? Very nice!

T-1MILLION

DisneyGrl85 said:
I was surprised to see the dunking of the mayor...what a great reference. Also, what did y'all think of the elaborate Walt Disney Pictures opening? Very nice!

That was a great opening! I was suprised as it paned out to be the magic kingdom. That was coooooool!

at first I honestly said to myself.

"looks like polar express" but then I was like "AWESOME!" as I saw it show the castle. I was really thinking maybe they were trying to get the point across now that this was BASED OFF OF A THEME PARK ATTRACTION. Ha,
loved it.

do not forget about "Scarlett in the movie though, that itself is a ride reference."

cmatt

seen it three times already since opening up thursday night :sohappy:

havent stayed for the ending mind you... looks like ill be going again *sigh*

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
but will turner's father, that guy with the starfish on his face....wasn't that the guy that walked down the stairs at the end? im so confused.

sleepybear

PianoManKD said:
but will turner's father, that guy with the starfish on his face....wasn't that the guy that walked down the stairs at the end? im so confused.

It wasn't his father. And perhaps we should say no more, lest we ruin the end of the movie for others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom