Ride Nicknames Anyone?

My family likes to call the Mad TEa party the "teacups" (it's kind of its second name), and the WDW railroad simply "the train". ummm...dont know if this counts but we call Disney-MGM Studios just "MGM."

mickeykid79

My Mom calls the tower of terror "Tower inferno" and refers to the Carousel of Progress as "GE's Carousel of Progress" instead of "Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress". I guess it got stuck after a couple of rounds back at the NYC Fair. But the favorite is the Contemporary resort, I called it the "Monorail Hotel".My cousin gave the Caribbean beach hotel a long name, "Walt disney's Caribbean beach plaza resort marketplace and pool", a mouthful!!!:hammer:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
you know what's sooooo great..

I'm entitled to my own opinion, and you're entitled to yours. But no boohoo to me. I love AK, but it's still just a zoo to me. Disney hasn't done anything to disprove that to me yet... and I'm still waiting.

I'll spend a full day at AK, and guess what? In that full day, I'll have ridden Kilimanjaro 5 or 6 times.. TO SEE THE ANIMALS. AK is nothing more to me than an oveglorified zoo. If I had to pay to get in, then I'm sure it'd be more to me than just a zoo.. It'd be an expensive zoo.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
but, so I don't seem like a jackass, I will say one god thing about AK...

I could spend a lifetime taking picures of that park, and it wouldn't be enough... there's a lot of beautiful scenery there.. shame it's not put to good use

sillyspook13

Many nicknames I use are just original names of attractions.
TTA- "Wedway, baby!"
Dinosaur- "CTX"
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin- "I miss Dreamflight:cry: " or simply "Buzz"
Port Orleans Riverside- "Dixie Landings"

Others are shortened forms of the true name:
Tapestry of Nations- "Tap o' Nay"
Tapestry of Dreams- "Tapestry" or "Tap"
Disney/ MGM Studios- "Studios"
Splash Mountain- "Splash"

Still, other nicknames are just.... well.... nicknames:
Mad Tea Party- "Teacups" (who doesn't call it that?)
Test Track- "Ten minute Power Nap:snore: "
Epcot- "Home"
Maelstrom- "Nordstrom" (my mom mispronounces Maelstrom all the time, this was the most memorable)

ToTBellHop

I go on Kilimanjaro Safaris to see the animals too...but also to see the beatiful scenery and hear the accents of the drivers! Regardless, there are also several other attractions at the park I go on just to have fun on! Like Kali River Rapids!, Dinosaur, and It's Tough to Be a Bug! Overglorified zoo...perhaps you should work in another park...

DixieBelle97

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror=HTH

It's A Small World=The Sleeper

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster=R 'n' R

Space Mountain=My ride (I've been on it 70 times! That's why I call it that!)

belara

ride nicknames

My son refers to Spaceship Earth as "the big golf" and I once called Big Thunder Mountain Rolling Thunder Mountain by accident (hey I grew up in Jersey and Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure was my first roller coaster) and another time I was trying to describe it to my 4 year old and called it the runaway train so now I call it "Big Thunder Runaway Mountain Train" or any other combo I think up at the time. My boyfriend thinks it's the funniest thing.:hammer:

Mr. Toad

That's funny. My wife once got all mixed up and "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad" came out as "Big Rocky Road Thunder Rail Thingy". So now I like to tease her by calling something like that and then we both laugh.

TTA is always the PeopleMover (or sometimes WEDWAY)
Tropical Seranade has always been The Tiki Birds
PotC is Pirates
Of course its The Teacups
Peter Pan's Flight is just Peter Pan
Snow White's Scary Adventure is just Snow White
Cinderella's Golden Carousel is the Merry-Go-Round
CBJ is just the Country Bears
The Skyway was sometimes called The Buckets
20,000 Leagues Under the Seas was Captain Nemo's (I miss it)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was Mr. Toad's
If You Had Wings was just Eastern
Dreamflight was just Delta

That's just MK and I'm sure I missed some.

bearboysnc

POTC = "Pirates in the Can o'beans" or just "CAN O'BEANS"

TTA = P.P. Mover

Mission to Mars = Bruise Control

TSI = sweat rock

UoE = Dinasour thingy

JII = The figment ride :'(

TLS = Unda da sea

Rafiki

:king:
Originally posted by jcmayid
YOU ALL NEED TO REALIZE A FEW THINGS!!!!

Grow up, everything isn't about a ride, AK may have some zoo like qualities but GEEZ, have you ever just taken the time to realize the detail that went into that place?!? It is mind bogling how beautiful AK is, the Tree of Life really takes it all to another level. It just es me off, don't go there then, it'll be emptier when I'm there. Every inch to Animal Kingdom just takes you away, yes there may be animals, IT IS ANIMAL KINGDOM YOU KNOW. They never told you this is full of rides. If that's what you want, go to Busch Gardens. Animal Kingdom is great and I cannot stress enough how much I and my whole family and friends just loved it. You have to look past just the animals, look how they are kept, talk to the CM's, it is all perfect. Ando if you haven't been to a zoo lately, then you'll know that it isn't just a zoo, it is a lot more, but partly zoo YES. They weren't lying when they called it Animal Kingdom. It's not like they called it funhouse or something. Sit back and look at the minor details, it is so much more than all of you are seeing, and I know there are others out there who think just like I do.

Enough ripping!!:sohappy: ;) :p

:sohappy: AMEN!!

Maria

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
That's funny. My wife once got all mixed up and "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad" came out as "Big Rocky Road Thunder Rail Thingy". So now I like to tease her by calling something like that and then we both laugh.

TTA is always the PeopleMover (or sometimes WEDWAY)
Tropical Seranade has always been The Tiki Birds
PotC is Pirates
Of course its The Teacups
Peter Pan's Flight is just Peter Pan
Snow White's Scary Adventure is just Snow White
Cinderella's Golden Carousel is the Merry-Go-Round
CBJ is just the Country Bears
The Skyway was sometimes called The Buckets
20,000 Leagues Under the Seas was Captain Nemo's (I miss it)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was Mr. Toad's
If You Had Wings was just Eastern
Dreamflight was just Delta

That's just MK and I'm sure I missed some.

LOL to what your wife said! :lol: :lol:
TTA= people mover with me (or the slow ride)
Tropical SErenade has always been "the tiki room" (and we say in English)
The teacups = "las tacitas" in Spanish
20,000 leagues... = "el submarino" (the submarine)
Cinderella´s Golden.... = el carrousel
Peter Pan´s flight... = Peter Pan
Snow White.... = Blanca Nieves (Snow White)

jcmayid

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I go on Kilimanjaro Safaris to see the animals too...but also to see the beatiful scenery and hear the accents of the drivers! Regardless, there are also several other attractions at the park I go on just to have fun on! Like Kali River Rapids!, Dinosaur, and It's Tough to Be a Bug! Overglorified zoo...perhaps you should work in another park...

Very well put!!! :sohappy:

SMCM

AK is an elaborate zoo, but it is still just a zoo. They really shouldn't charge as much as the other parks because there just isn't as much to do there. Maybe $30 or something. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom