Ride movies

9bwoulfe

Original Poster
Just heard word that they are making a Matterhorn movie. with pirates being so popular there really banking on these ride to movie scripts. there also redoing haunted mansion thank god and there is word of a jungle cruise movie.

What are some of your guys ideas for ride movies and what actors you think should be in them?

blueboxdoctor

because the jungle cruise has so much to work with XD

They got lucky with Pirates since Jack Sparrow wasn't written how he's played. Apparently he was supposed to be more serious but Johnny Depp put his own take on it to make the character who he now is.

I don't think they should redo the Haunted Mansion movie. One was enough, and it wasn't that horrible. We all saw the horribleness that was Tron Legacy, so they've proven remakes/soul successors aren't really their thing (and to think, they postponed production to add more plot to that movie, which they set up for a sequel).

Here's a suggestion for what they should do next. Finish the National Treasure Trilogy (come on, leaving us with a cliffhanger and no 3rd movie yet).

I'm not sure how Prince of Persia did, but I thought it was a nice departure from the Disney ride movies they've been doing (though it may be because the Prince of Persia sands of time trilogy is my favorite game trilogy).

9bwoulfe

Original Poster
haunted mansion was awful lol they tried to make it too funny. this new one i think will be much better and eddie murphy free lol and i think prince of persia did really bad u wont see another one of those any time soon

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
because the jungle cruise has so much to work with XD

They got lucky with Pirates since Jack Sparrow wasn't written how he's played. Apparently he was supposed to be more serious but Johnny Depp put his own take on it to make the character who he now is.

I don't think they should redo the Haunted Mansion movie. One was enough, and it wasn't that horrible. We all saw the horribleness that was Tron Legacy, so they've proven remakes/soul successors aren't really their thing (and to think, they postponed production to add more plot to that movie, which they set up for a sequel).

Here's a suggestion for what they should do next. Finish the National Treasure Trilogy (come on, leaving us with a cliffhanger and no 3rd movie yet).

I'm not sure how Prince of Persia did, but I thought it was a nice departure from the Disney ride movies they've been doing (though it may be because the Prince of Persia sands of time trilogy is my favorite game trilogy).

Disney got lucky with Pirates because someone told the big wigs not to "reign in" Johnny Depp. There are many stories about how Disney was very uncomfortable with Depp's portrayal, but someone had the good sense to convince them to leave him alone.

I think most would argue that the Haunted Mansion film WAS that awful, and would welcome a new adaptation. The one Guillermo del Toro (a huge fan of the attraction, by the way) is working on is reportedly much darker in tone than the original, and focuses heavily on the Hatbox Ghost. The film won't be a sequel or remake of the earlier film- it will be a completely new entity.

There is a 3rd installment of National Treasure in development, but it seems to be stalled at the moment.

Oh, and Prince of Persia was a flop.

MerlinTheGoat

If the newly renovated Tiki Room is a success, i'm wondering whether they'll try to milk that and make a movie with tiki parrots (whether live ones or cgi)...Then they'll probably alter the attraction again with movie characters (noooooo).:brick:

If Matterhorn can get a movie, i see no reason Space Mountain couldn't. Not saying they SHOULD, just that i guess it's somewhat plausible considering how popular the ride is and how it's at every Disney park there is. I guess the same could also be said for Big Thunder's chances.

I wonder if the Matterhorn movie will involve the mountaineers trying to fend the yetis off by stunning them with strobe lights.:drevil:

blueboxdoctor

Disney got lucky with Pirates because someone told the big wigs not to "reign in" Johnny Depp. There are many stories about how Disney was very uncomfortable with Depp's portrayal, but someone had the good sense to convince them to leave him alone.

I think most would argue that the Haunted Mansion film WAS that awful, and would welcome a new adaptation. The one Guillermo del Toro (a huge fan of the attraction, by the way) is working on is reportedly much darker in tone than the original, and focuses heavily on the Hatbox Ghost. The film won't be a sequel or remake of the earlier film- it will be a completely new entity.

There is a 3rd installment of National Treasure in development, but it seems to be stalled at the moment.

Oh, and Prince of Persia was a flop.

I just think the should let the haunted mansion rest and remain just a ride at this point.

Yeah, Prince of Persia didn't do good, but it was a pretty good movie if you just take it as a fun action adventure movie (except the thing with the birds, that was annoying).

And yeah, what you said about pirates is basically what I said, Depp was able to do his own thing at the end, and it worked.

ArtieJim

Haunted Mansion movie wasn't terrible, but it was pretty bad. I don't think they should make another one. It'd end up being like Pirates, where it's really just a pirate movie with Disney's name on it and a few nods to the ride, not to mention they'd try to incorporate every popular character from the movie into the ride.

I say they go for the gold and make movies about CoP, the Tomorrowland Speedway and the Peoplemover. They'd make Peter Jackson's and James Cameron's Oscar hauls look like those awards they give out to the old people that never won an actual Academy Award, I'm talking at least 20 Oscar wins a year.

How could they not see the potential?

sublimesting

What I actually enjoyed about the HM movie was that they did a good job of incorporating the ride into the movie. It was like you were going hrough the HM we all know.

TinkerBelle8878

I'd love an animated Figment movie. More based on the old version of Imagination since it seemed to be more well thought out. There's a lost opportunity there to fully integrate Figment into the Disney fold.

And of course if the movie and merchandising is a success, a complete rehab of that pavillion wouldn't be far off.

erasure fan1

I love the prince of Persia video games as well. Sands of time (the movie)flopped pretty hard. Im not sure why, it was actually good, unlike most all video game movies. I think at this point the only hope for the prince to hit the big screen again is if the new Ubisoft studio does it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom