Ride Evacuation Wishlist

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Sure, getting stuck on a ride is less than magical, but I think that each of us has a list of rides that would be interesting or “fun” to be evacuated from.

My top two:
1. Expedition Everest (On the mountain)
Explanation: I think it would be really interesting to see the inner workings as well as the inside of the giant hollow mountain.

2. Dinosaur (Preferably in the middle so I can see more 🤣)
Explanation: All of the sets look AMAZING when lit up properly, but it would be cool to see what they actually look like!

adimond

Spaceship Earth toward the very top would be sweet. Would also love to break down in the temple of Mara on Indiana Jones Adventure.

Got led out from the middle of Splash Mountain once; that was a cool unique glimpse.

Edit: And how could I forget Pirates? That would be awesome. Meanwhile on Haunted Mansion I just feel like the omnimover stops All. The. Time. but somehow NEVER when I'm sitting in front of the banquet scene! Why??!

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Spaceship Earth toward the very top would be sweet. Would also love to break down in the temple of Mara on Indiana Jones Adventure.

Got led out from the middle of Splash Mountain once; that was a cool unique glimpse.
I got evacuated from SE once, but I was like 5 foot away from the exit zone 🤣.

Got all the wait of an evac and none of the cool glimpse into the operations...

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Dinosaur is on my list as well... Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth would be a plus.

I've been evacced off of PeopleMover, Splash, CoP, and I worked behind the scenes/waded in the water at Pirates.
That is super cool! Did the boats take that much effort to get going, or do you just start really slow so that minimal force is required to get them going? Or did you not do evac?

Either way, that would be a super interesting role! Lots of safety training?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That is super cool! Did the boats take that much effort to get going, or do you just start really slow so that minimal force is required to get them going? Or did you not do evac?
I didn't do an evac. Me and a group of about 4 other DCPers had to test the waders for holes.... mine had holes.
Lots of safety training?
Not at all, actually... While the party students were the main reason I left early, my lack of training is another big reason. I felt completely unqualified to be running an attraction as complex as Pirates. Thank God I was never in charge of an evac boat lol

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
SSE.

Not so highlights include Carousel of Progress and American Adventure.

Memorable was lights on no motion through Orlando’s Transformers, with the actual evac happening in the final show scene, and Phantom Manor from the Boudoir all the way to unload.

Absolute Highlight was Space Mountain Paris; despite being in the final brake zone with a view of unload we walked back through the mountain.

Not evac but also memorable was an arranged lights on Tower of Terror in Orlando.

AndyS2992

In all my trips, only been evacuated from rides twice, top of the drop of Splash Mountain (WDW) and first lift hill of Big Thunder Mountain (Paris).

Technically a third, though not interesting at all, went to watch Indiana Jones last year and the boulder at the start failed to go down the ramp and then they kicked everyone out for technical difficulties lol

wdw2011por

I second the sentiment of Expedition Everest. That is easily my favorite ride and to be able to walk down through the mountain would be quite the experience. Space Mountain would be interesting as well to be able to see with the lights on.
We did get evacuated from Splash Mountain once and got to take in the entire scene while we were waiting and then saw backstage and where they keep the parade floats. Took a few quick photos of that area.

donnylambb

We had to walk off the people mover at space mountain a pretty cool experience. We also walked off of splash mountain but that happened a lot. I agree its kind of cool to see the back of rides!

Lilofan

Had other fellow guests break down on Test Track on the outside track by the cast member backstage cast services building. While roasting in the broiling summer heat, the maintenance cast got them free then had to walk the long track back to the Test Track building.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
I second the sentiment of Expedition Everest. That is easily my favorite ride and to be able to walk down through the mountain would be quite the experience. Space Mountain would be interesting as well to be able to see with the lights on.
We did get evacuated from Splash Mountain once and got to take in the entire scene while we were waiting and then saw backstage and where they keep the parade floats. Took a few quick photos of that area.
We got to walk over the “aqua coaster” portion of Splash once (where it goes down and up). There’s a little catwalk type thing there. I think the two rides I’ve got evacuated from the most are Splash and Rise!

Rise was tough when it first opened… our first ride through was great, but then the next FOUR TIMES IN A ROW we got evacuated from the ride. They now make it very clear with signage and verbal warnings that you will be trespassed if you take any audio or visual recordings, any pictures, or use any device with audio or visual playback capabilities while backstage. But I do remember a time when they almost gave you a tour of the inner workings when you were evacuated 🤣. Got to see all the inner workings of the Kylo Ren on the bridge animatronic once! That was the most interesting evacuation. It’s on this giant track and had a ton of wires spewing out of it. Kylo Ren sits on the poles on top of the carriage sitting on the track. Pretty cool to see!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Personally none.
I was evacuated from MMRR and it was awkward because they step they used was almost too tall to step off of the ride vehicle and it was hard to steady myself on.

WorldExplorer

I want to be evacuated off Dinosaur. Or even get stuck for a while. Have the lights turn on. Don't care; I just want something cool to happen on Dinosaur while I'm in it.

I'd also love to see how an evacuation off Peter Pan's Flight works. Spaceship Earth would be awesome.

I've gotten evacuated off Big Thunder Mountain. We got to walk inside the mountain, which was cool. I've also been evacuated off Carousel of Progress, which is significantly less exciting but it was hilarious. We saw the same scene three times and an idiot made it worse by getting up and standing next to the door.

hismattjesty

Interesting is an understatement. I've been evacuated twice, and both times from the top of the lift hill (1994, and 2007). After seeing the condition it was in in 2007, I question why I still ride it......

We did the evac off of dinosaur a couple years ago. I would say it was right after the left, right, left. It was cool to see the area all lit up and the dinos with the mechanisms visible. Got to walk off of peoplemover about a month ago. We were just about to go into the space mountain tunnel. They came and got us and we walked all the way back above Stitch and came out into Star Traders.

gitchard

AP for over 20 years, evacuated three times.
1. Toy Story Mania - nothing special
2. SDMT when it first opened. Right at the end by the cottage. Was toward the front and had to wait until everyone was off train so got to really look in the windows for a good view.
3. POTC at the top of the drop before the battle scene. Went down some steps through pretty dirty area of the building and out a door behind the building by the train tracks.

Would really like to be evacuated from HM at the Ball Room scene.

Also, TOT fifth dimension scene or the hallway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom