Ride Evacs: Your Stories

Gainesvillain

Evacuated right in the middle of the cemetery scene in HM . . . Real bummer seeing it all lit up . . . Although we sat there long enough before evacuating that my daughter learned all of the lyrics to that creepy cemetery song!

LUVofDIS

The wife and I were stuck in the 1920's on the Carousel of Progress for four passes, I love the attraction but that was a little much. That meant four fuses needed to be replaced. We were let out and walked through the back area, nothing but big transformers and a bunch of corrugated metal buildings. Not very exciting.

rcapolete

We were in BTM years ago when the train in the station did not clear the platform in time. Our train came to a near instant stop. We were evacuated from the train and down the stairs. Not much too see since we were right near the stairs to leave the ride anyway

Animewarsdude

Not really ride evacs but after 14 or 15 trips we did have two breakages. We were on Star Tours 2: C-3PO's Bugaloo and after the first jump to light speed the ride came to a stop when a cast member noticed that a young girl aparently didn't like being on the ride. He then got her off and set us up to go again only for the screen to not work the entire ride, which really sucked since it was my ideal sequence Han --> Hoth --> Coruscant, the audio was all there and the cabin flashed red and the like from blaster stuff but other than that it was a dead screen. Afterwards they just let the entire group loop around to one of the other simulators for a free ride.

The other time, same trip, was on Splash Mountain near the lift hill where the ride was stopped for 40 minutes. Unfortunately for us the speaker the CM was using was right above us so we kept hear 'stay in your vehicle' blasted right at us the entire time. They did continue the ride despite one family jumping out of the log and evacuating themselves, and we were give fast passes that could be used on anything. But to this day my mother refuses to ride it.

Nezumi_Fan

When I was younger, my dad, sister and I got stuck on Big Thunder. It just came to a screeching halt of a sudden and a few people got slightly banged up, but we were all fine. I was probably about 10 at the time, and walking through the mountain was probably one of the coolest experiences I could have imagined.

A few years later I got stuck on the new Imagination for about 10-20 minutes. They never evac'ed us, but the music just kept going. I still shudder when I hear it. My wife had a similar experience on IASW, between two of the scenes so she was getting the song in two different languages. Needless to say, it's tough getting her back on it!

We've been stuck on Big Thunder, in the cave with the bats, just as the train starts to climb. Eventually the CMs came for us at which point we learned that there's a stairway right up alongside the wall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom