Ride Evacs: Your Stories

Andrew_Animatronic

Original Poster
Over the course of many Disney vacations, I have never been on a ride when a serious problem made guests have to abandon their vehicles mid ride. If anyone on the board has been through this process, speak up! Why ride was it, and how did you feel?

Simba's Mom

A few months after Tower of Terror opened, DH and DS were evacuated from the ride. At first, when the elevator stopped and the voice came on saying they were sorry but the ride had malfunctioned, etc. no one had ridden it before so they didn't know if maybe this was "all part of the experience" (one of Sparky Griswold's quotes). Anyways, the elevator was lowered very slowly all the way down, people were led around backstage and immediately allowed to ride again. DH and DS rode again (I wouldn't have-I'd have been too scared!), but DH hasn't ridden since.

Brer Oswald

I’ve only ever had two, and they were pretty recent. One was FEA, and it was the first time I went on it :mad:. We got to see all of the backstage areas around the attraction, but I just wanted to finish my ride because we showed up first thing to get the lowest wait time. Not upset about it anymore :joyfull:! The other was GMR. Got stuck on the Tarzan scene for nearly half an hour, and then we evacuated at the final scene where they showed all the clips from various movies. The only sad part was that I didn’t get to walk by any animatronics :cry:.

mickey1957

Just last week the wife and I had to evacuate Rock n Roll. We sat there for about 10 mins while the announcement told us to remain seated.
(like we had a choice.) CM came to release us and walk us through the ride with the lights on. They told us many times not to take any pictures or video. They gave us fastpasses for later in the day. I used my fastpass, my wife did not.

danitaytay

I was at a MNSSHP just a few days before Halloween Day when I was in 8th grade. For some reason me and my sister had this burning desire to go on Stitch, but my mom and dad refused to. So we waited on line, got on, and they got the restraints down on us in the "theater". We waited a few minutes and nothing was happening and we obviously started to get nervous. The lights were off and we were literally stuck under the heavy restraints so I had to calm down my panicking younger sister and keep her from crying. Turns out the ride broke down but so did the restraints and they could not get them off of us. It took about 20 minutes of us stuck under them for the operators to get them to release. We ended up getting free Fastpasses afterwards for any ride we wanted but it definitely was a frightening experience and definitely spooked our parents when they never saw us come out of the ride.

EricsBiscuit

I've been evacuated off attractions only a few times surprisingly. My "favorite" was Test Track because it took forever since they had to get the bridges out to cross the little slot for the track and mostly because we were at the beginning of the ride so we evacuated first and got to go with the CMs to most of the other cars before we went backstage!

Raineman

I was at a MNSSHP just a few days before Halloween Day when I was in 8th grade. For some reason me and my sister had this burning desire to go on Stitch, but my mom and dad refused to. So we waited on line, got on, and they got the restraints down on us in the "theater". We waited a few minutes and nothing was happening and we obviously started to get nervous. The lights were off and we were literally stuck under the heavy restraints so I had to calm down my panicking younger sister and keep her from crying. Turns out the ride broke down but so did the restraints and they could not get them off of us. It took about 20 minutes of us stuck under them for the operators to get them to release. We ended up getting free Fastpasses afterwards for any ride we wanted but it definitely was a frightening experience and definitely spooked our parents when they never saw us come out of the ride.
We had the same kind of thing happen last November on RnRC. We had gotten to the last part of the ride where you are in an alley, waiting to move to the unload area. Well, we just sat there, not moving, for at least 10 minutes. My DD and I are both claustrophobic, so we both started to quietly freak out-not because of the size of the room we were in, but because the shoulder restraints made us feel like we were trapped. If we were on 7DMT, Space Mountain or any other WDW coaster that uses lap bars, we would have been fine.

danitaytay

We had the same kind of thing happen last November on RnRC. We had gotten to the last part of the ride where you are in an alley, waiting to move to the unload area. Well, we just sat there, not moving, for at least 10 minutes. My DD and I are both claustrophobic, so we both started to quietly freak out-not because of the size of the room we were in, but because the shoulder restraints made us feel like we were trapped. If we were on 7DMT, Space Mountain or any other WDW coaster that uses lap bars, we would have been fine.

The shoulder restraints make being stuck on a ride 10x worse! The Stitch ride in general was always just a mess so I'm not surprised now that that happened to us.

Disney4family

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - right at the end of the Heffalump & Woozle section. We stared at the little lightning room for a long time. (It was quite a storm!) We walked through the Rain, Rain, Rain part to the end. I honestly didn't want to see anything behind the "smoke & mirrors" since that's my favorite room.
Dinosaur - we sat for what seemed forever. The car kept bouncing around, but we weren't going anywhere. They finally came with a ladder. I remember the floor was very, very sticky.
Spaceship Earth - For over a half hour we were stuck in between the Renaissance & the Civil War being over. Music blasting for over a half hour. Crowded and narrow walking down with clumps upon clumps of people trampling on each other.
Primeval Whirl - just got started. My husband and I were in an awkward-for-your-neck spot. The kids and my mom were behind us waiting to start up. My only concern was that it was just going to be a quickie before we headed over to surprise my mom with the Wild Africa Trek. I didn't want to be late to check in.

Other times were the usual extended stops without evac. TTA (of course) & Haunted Mansion (Madame Leota and I are BFFs now) come to mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom