Ride "chicken-outs"

rwdavis2

Original Poster
Do all of the coasters and intense rides have "chicken-out" exits before you get on? My wife who does not do coasters has never been inside Space Mtn, BTM, Mission Space, ToT, or RnR. I think she would enjoy the theming of the lines/preshows. I'm not going to try to convince her to ride as we've been married 20 years and I know better. She's been to Disney 4 times but never been inside this rides.
Thanks,
Bob

Nemo14

There's always a way. My son has chickened out of nearly every ride at some point, and we've never had a problem getting him safely out a back door or whatever. Just tell the CM when they go to board you, and they will direct you to the proper place.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
All the attractions seem to have some sort of way to chicken out. My mom and MIL ride very few attractions but we frequently take them in the queue with us on attraction like Kali, E:E, ToT etc.

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, there are "last minute" exits for all of the more intense attractions. Just ask a CM as you get to the loading area and they will direct you to the exit. From what I remember...
  • Splash Mountain - stairs at left of loading area (signs are posted)
  • Space Mountain - exit gates at the back center of the second queue room just before loading.
  • Big Thunder Mountain - Not sure on this one, but they may just have you step across the train to the exit platform.
  • Test Track - elevator to the right of loading area
  • Mission:Space - Two options: Notify CM before preshow, or after preshow just before boarding the vehicle.
  • Tower of Terror - "Express Elevator" in the center of the load area.
  • Rock n Roller Coaster - Door on the left at the load area (where the CM asks "how many").
  • Expedition Everest - Walkway along the load platform to the exit area.
That just about cover it, at least the ones I remember. With any of these, just notify the CM and they'll be gald to show your wife to the exit.

krankenstein

Yes, all those you listed do have an exit. The only one I cannot seem to think of it's chicken out location is BTMRR. With it you can simply cross the train and exit.

MissM

No worries! I don't ride coasters (like Rock 'n' Rollercoaster) but I walk through the line with my party and just leave at the end. No pressure from CM's or anything. Tell your wife to stay in line with you next time and see some of the queues. No one's going to force a person to do something they don't want to do - especially at Disney.
-m

Yellow Shoes

I find it ironic--even cruel, perhaps--that the chicken exit on Tower of Terror,
the scary out-of-control-faster-than-gravity-elevator-free-fall-ride

is

an elevator......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom