Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
As you can probably tell the boys we're happy about that ride selection so they got to pick the next ride and got even with their dad by taking us on a spin on the Tea Cups and spun extra hard. next up we walked up to SDMT and the wait wasn't too bad so we rode it to see if it was much different at night and we all said not so much.
The trip my kids could do Tea Cups on their own was the day I bowed out forever. As young adults my kids no longer ride the Tea Cups. When they have kids someday I wonder if they will.

Snakes why does it always have to be snakes. They seemed to be everywhere. about 3 to 4 feet long black and YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't care that the CM said they were harmless and kept the rodent population down I was done!!!!!!!!View attachment 159724 View attachment 159727 So off to Blizzard Beach and it was ok not great, even the boys weren't overly impressed. View attachment 159729

Funny, I've never seen a snake while mini golfing. Have not done golf the last two trips. Wonder if Disney with budget cuts last several years cut back on snake and alligator patrol.

We just love Blizzard. Last trip we did Typhoon. We all agreed we prefer and love Blizzard. I saw they've topped Volcano at Uni, I can't wait. Love waterparks.

Jim and I set out to check out the Nomad Lounge. I got the veggie spring roll and a Night Monkey which was good a bit different but not badView attachment 159748 View attachment 159749 Jim got the wagu beef and a Boto RitaView attachment 159750 View attachment 159751

One of my sadnesses. We were going to Nomad, it was on the list. We did rope drop at AK and the couple things we wanted to do at AK but it was so freak'n hot and humid I could not justify the walk back to Nomad with the humidity. We headed to Springs instead and then to EMH later at the MK.

Next up it was time to take the train or as my dh call it a moving bench(he's a bit upset about the removal of benches) to Rafiki's Planet watch and get a few cute pics, some A/C and see a snake we didn't mind seeingView attachment 159806 View attachment 159807 View attachment 159808 But seriously Nick and Judy need to do a M&G there!
The last time I did the train was in 2012 when I went down to visit my DS and deemed it would be another 15 years before I did that again. My DS couldn't believe I chose to do that while he was working. Anywhooo ... they took out the benches???? What do they do herd you into the box cars like cattle?

From there it was onto Hall of PresidentsView attachment 159831 View attachment 159835 I like that the first ladies weren't forgotten

The ladies of the White House have been some amazing women over time, a few duds here and there but in fairness there have been some dud Presidents too. Glad they acknowledge something about them.

It was then time for bit of shopping we went to the store with the kitchen items in Liberty Square and then Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. I was so proud of myself! I didn't buy anything.View attachment 159854After that I went to the Tangled area. It's well done but it's a bathroom for heaven's sake. Rapunzel deserves so much betterView attachment 159855 View attachment 159856
In every Christmas shop they are now burning this God awful incense that neither my DD or I can breathe through. Sadly our Christmas Shoppe visits are over until they knock it off.

And yep, the theming of Tangled is awesome, wasted on a Potty stop.

We then headed to the hub and saw Move it! Shake it! Dance partyView attachment 159877 View attachment 159878 View attachment 159879

Dear Lord Move It works on me and my whole families last nerve. It can move on to another park.

We did a bit of window shopping on Main Street and ran into the mayor who is a wonderful gentleman and very funny. He saw my ds' birthday button sang happy birthday and gave him a card that entitled him to get on the back of any line in the MK.View attachment 159880

Wow! Too fun. Great memory.

I was hoping for a nice ride and it was we saw some people on a fishing tour, the breeze was nice all in all a nice ride over and then right before we got to WL there it was in the water another yucky snake and this one had a triangle shaped head. YUCK and stay away far, far away! I'm glad we were a bit early so we had some time to look around and steady my nerves.View attachment 159912 View attachment 159913

Wow! More snakes? We made it through an entire trip without a snake or alligator sighting. Though the trip before at POR my DD and I did have a snake slither out on the main walk around the river right before us. We were a bit stunned.

The gluten free corn bread was pretty good but a bit too sweet but the guys did not like the beans. They could tell they were canned and doctored up, note to self do not make home made baked beans just before going to Disney. Just a little FYI I soak beans and then cook them in the oven on low for hours. The quinoa cakes were excellent and Chef Philippe was nice enough to give me the recipe. Both glasses of wine were nice.View attachment 159914 View attachment 159915 View attachment 159916 View attachment 159918 Because of our allergies they seated us in the quiet section but with a full view of all the goings on and our waiter sang the funniest way off key version of Happy Birthday to my ds All in all it was fun

Disney is leaning now heavily to the sweet dishes and I am not amused. I like savory. I am confused about allergies and moving you guys off to the side. We didn't have that happen with DD being flagged. What's up with that?

Up to page 10. Getting there

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
The trip my kids could do Tea Cups on their own was the day I bowed out forever. As young adults my kids no longer ride the Tea Cups. When they have kids someday I wonder if they will.

Funny, I've never seen a snake while mini golfing. Have not done golf the last two trips. Wonder if Disney with budget cuts last several years cut back on snake and alligator patrol.

We just love Blizzard. Last trip we did Typhoon. We all agreed we prefer and love Blizzard. I saw they've topped Volcano at Uni, I can't wait. Love waterparks.

One of my sadnesses. We were going to Nomad, it was on the list. We did rope drop at AK and the couple things we wanted to do at AK but it was so freak'n hot and humid I could not justify the walk back to Nomad with the humidity. We headed to Springs instead and then to EMH later at the MK.

The last time I did the train was in 2012 when I went down to visit my DS and deemed it would be another 15 years before I did that again. My DS couldn't believe I chose to do that while he was working. Anywhooo ... they took out the benches???? What do they do herd you into the box cars like cattle?

The ladies of the White House have been some amazing women over time, a few duds here and there but in fairness there have been some dud Presidents too. Glad they acknowledge something about them.

In every Christmas shop they are now burning this God awful incense that neither my DD or I can breathe through. Sadly our Christmas Shoppe visits are over until they knock it off.

And yep, the theming of Tangled is awesome, wasted on a Potty stop.

Dear Lord Move It works on me and my whole families last nerve. It can move on to another park.

Wow! Too fun. Great memory.

Wow! More snakes? We made it through an entire trip without a snake or alligator sighting. Though the trip before at POR my DD and I did have a snake slither out on the main walk around the river right before us. We were a bit stunned.

Disney is leaning now heavily to the sweet dishes and I am not amused. I like savory. I am confused about allergies and moving you guys off to the side. We didn't have that happen with DD being flagged. What's up with that?

Up to page 10. Getting there
I'm sorry you missed out on Nomad Lounge. I can take or leave Move It Shake it but it was the only place to see Phineas and Ferb and Minnie was very festive and I had to get a shot of her for @MinnieM123 so for me it was time well spent, this trip

Scoppin

I'm sorry you missed out on Nomad Lounge. I can take or leave Move It Shake it but it was the only place to see Phineas and Ferb and Minnie was very festive and I had to get a shot of her for @MinnieM123 so for me it was time well spent, this trip

I will have to agree, is the only place to see Phineas and Ferb. We came across it by mistake one day and DS asked if they signed. He loves their show and is disappointed there have not been any new ones. Both Phineas and Ferb were entertaining very little ones so my two were not able to get close. We planned on seeing the show on another day on purpose, but plans didn't work out. They both have Phineas and Ferb shirts which may have gotten some attention.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I will have to agree, is the only place to see Phineas and Ferb. We came across it by mistake one day and DS asked if they signed. He loves their show and is disappointed there have not been any new ones. Both Phineas and Ferb were entertaining very little ones so my two were not able to get close. We planned on seeing the show on another day on purpose, but plans didn't work out. They both have Phineas and Ferb shirts which may have gotten some attention.
My boys are now watching Milo Murphy from the team that gave us P&F

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have seen those ads. And it sounds like the same voices as well. "We" haven't made that decision on if we are watch that show yet or not.

How are your boys enjoying the show?
They like it so far. Supposedly Agent P will be in a few episodes

Gabe1

By this point the boys were hungry again. So we went to see an old friend and have lunch. The show was great as alwaysView attachment 160739After finding out that the falafel at TC wasn't gf James and I went on a hunt to find some and we finally did and both got falafel burger (mine sans bun) I got green beans and James got french fries. My older ds got the chicken platter and Jim got the bacon, chicken burger. The boys cleaned out the topping barView attachment 160740 View attachment 160741 View attachment 160742 During lunch I spotted out of the corner of my eye the most wonderful woman, her adorable son and her pain in the pretty much everywhere dh @Bugz we managed to find a bit of time to have fun chatting before having to move onView attachment 160743

So love the outfit

Sans Souci

One other little thing that Universal had over Disney. Starbucks! Every single one I went to had both soy and coconut milk. The ones at Disney only had soy and not even every one had even that.:(:(:(:( I can't consume dairy so it was important to me and to my boys. One less thing in in the backpack(my milk)

I got my drinks made with coconut milk. They do charge extra, but it's a nice treat. Or are you talking about where you get the sugar, milk, etc. after they give you the drink?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I got my drinks made with coconut milk. They do charge extra, but it's a nice treat. Or are you talking about where you get the sugar, milk, etc. after they give you the drink?
You have the choice of coconut or soy milk added to your coffee at an additional charge at every Starbucks at UNI not every Disney Starbucks I went into had coconut milk so by the 3rd day I brought a small insulated container of coconut milk with me

Gabe1

For those who don't know Diagon Alley isn't marked but it is pretty obvious where it is. Upon entering it took us about 10 minutes just to get our jaws off the ground. Prepare yourself for lots and lots of photos. The detailing was beyond anything I've ever seen in a park before. I think Harambe is the closest as far as details goView attachment 161892 View attachment 161893 View attachment 161894 View attachment 161895 View attachment 161896 View attachment 161897 View attachment 161898

^
This

Gabe1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom