REVIEW - Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo at Disney's Hollywood Studios

durangojim

A couple of quesions:
1. will mobile order be available on opening day?
2. Right now we have reservations at Brown Derby at 5pm and Savi's at 7pm on 8/29/19. We enjoy the Brown Derby a lot, but does anyone think that trying Docking Bay 7 on opening day will be worth it, or will it be too crazy especially at dinner time? I'm not sure I want to have to fight with other guests to get a table in order to be able to have dinner.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The tables are in an an open air alcove exposed to the daily Florida heat and humidity and tons of guest usage. They'll be weathered soon enough.

But here's my thing... weren't there supposed to be any tables at all? Sure, it's basically a hot dog stand and in New York City, hot dog stands don't have a seating area, but... they didn't plan for any place at all to rest a drink? Or to account for families with children who haven't mastered street vendor consumption? They just assumed everyone can manage eating and drinking without any tables or counters at all? Even Casey's doesn't do that.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The tables are in an an open air alcove exposed to the daily Florida heat and humidity and tons of guest usage. They'll be weathered soon enough.

But here's my thing... weren't there supposed to be any tables at all? Sure, it's basically a hot dog stand and in New York City, hot dog stands don't have a seating area, but... they didn't plan for any place at all to rest a drink? Or to account for families with children who haven't mastered street vendor consumption? They just assumed everyone can manage eating and drinking without any tables or counters at all? Even Casey's doesn't do that.
The Ronto Wrap I had was a bit trickier to eat standing than a hot-dog. It has a sauce that drips every time you take a bite! And you don't get a carton plate, just the wrap on a piece of paper.

So yeah, I had to look for a place to sit while balancing the wrap and a drink. Not many tables available.
20190820_202937.jpg

iMax

A couple of quesions:
1. will mobile order be available on opening day?
2. Right now we have reservations at Brown Derby at 5pm and Savi's at 7pm on 8/29/19. We enjoy the Brown Derby a lot, but does anyone think that trying Docking Bay 7 on opening day will be worth it, or will it be too crazy especially at dinner time? I'm not sure I want to have to fight with other guests to get a table in order to be able to have dinner.

1. As of now we're not sure.

2. The line moves very quickly at DB7 even during dinner rush, during cast and annual pass previews we would normally serve about 150+ guests an hour during all our rushes, and tables normally open up fairly quickly.

RSoxNo1

The Ronto Wrap I had was a bit trickier to eat standing than a hot-dog. It has a sauce that drips every time you take a bite! And you don't get a carton plate, just the wrap on a piece of paper.

So yeah, I had to look for a place to sit while balancing the wrap and a drink. Not many tables available.
View attachment 400440
I had the same complaint. It needs a plate or a basket and then it’s a solid snack/meal.

matt9112

Fingers crossed that those are temporary while they manufacture more of the tables and chairs from the Docking Bay. Even *my* capacity for willing suspension of disbelief would be exceeded by those tables.

Yeah lets just think a multi billion dollar company cant estimate and plan for guest traffic accordingly....its poor decision making period.

WDW Pro

The failings of purposefully designing for two totally different parks with as close to the same plan as possible.

ToTBellHop

The failings of purposefully designing for two totally different parks with as close to the same plan as possible.
They could have just put in an AstroTurf lawn in for us to picnic/somersault/nap/change diapers on like at MK. But that had to be canceled because, at Disneyland, such a lawn would have been populated by teenagers in various stages of hooking up. See also: Tomorrowland at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom