Revenge Vacation: Only Actual Data Need Apply

drizgirl

Be careful with your Revenge Travel, I did the same about two weeks ago, I’m fully vaxxed with boosters and my whole entire family(kids included) got COVID, monkeypox, whatever is the flavor of the month, I was bed ridden for 4 days, In the past I tested positive for covid 5 times(the last being the 5th) and this was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life. I started feeling horrible during the last day my kids wanted to use the pool so there’s that.

Watch out and Oh Disney although they have sanitizers all over, 60% were empty, I had my own but still, you never know.
So you regret going?

Ldno

So you regret going?
Considering the situation, no, this was the first time I went with all my kids, an impossible feat with split parented kids on both sides and we went prepared by getting everyone in their best shape possible and up to date vaccination wise, going to the parks is a risk no matter nowadays.

Not everyone is that considerate but no matter how much protection and masks or how much sanitizing there is, the guidelines at the parks are gone 🤷

Trackmaster

Be careful with your Revenge Travel, I did the same about two weeks ago, I’m fully vaxxed with boosters and my whole entire family(kids included) got COVID, monkeypox, whatever is the flavor of the month, I was bed ridden for 4 days, In the past I tested positive for covid 5 times(the last being the 5th) and this was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life. I started feeling horrible during the last day my kids wanted to use the pool so there’s that.

Watch out and Oh Disney although they have sanitizers all over, 60% were empty, I had my own but still, you never know.

I mean at this point, if you're already vaxxed and boosted, and you still got a bad case, can't you just argue that there's really no way to truly avoid it? You'll get it at Disney, or you'll get it in your day to day life. You did the right thing by staying up to date on your vaccinations, but at some point, life must go on. We've all been ill before.

Trackmaster

Looks like there was a 2-4% increase each year leading up to 2019.

Thus, 2019 does represent typical pre-pandemic travel levels (at least, going by plane trips).

View attachment 651594

Maybe in the back of people's minds they knew that 9/11 was pretty much just political theatre to capitalize on xenophobia so that the regime could make it look like they were doing something. Terrorism is the ultimate boogeyman, when in reality is kills so few compared to other forms of death.

The deaths from Covid were an order of magnitude higher, and it made sense for the world have the reaction that it did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom