Revenge of the Mummy comparisons?

afar28

Original Poster
Quick question. I'll be making my way down to Universal in August (so excited :D) for the first time in 3 years. Last time I was there I didn't get a chance to ride Revenge of the Mummy. Now that I have express pass I will definitely try to ride it this time. My main questions is if someone I am going with could handle it. She can take all Disney coasters and she has been on Kraken at Seaworld, all with no problem. I can't just show her a video of it since its so dark. So does it have any comparisons to any other existing rides? Or can you try to describe what it is like somehow? Thanks in advance :)

lilclerk

It doesn't go upside down. If she can handle any of the WDW coasters, like RNRC, I think she'll be fine. It's amazing, it's like a dark ride roller coaster with some awesome effects.
Thrillwise, I don't think it's any worse than say Big Thunder. But you're in the dark, and there are fire effects that make it seem a lot crazier than it is. I may be way off on that since I really like coasters, but that's what it seems like to me.

I've never ridden Kraken, but I just watched a video to jog my memory on what it is. If she can ride that, she'll be totally fine.

Maybe you could ride it first to judge whether or not she'll like it?

JillC LI

Revenge of the Mummy is the only coaster at Uni I will go on. I found it comparable to RnRC, perhaps a bit less intense because there are no inversions. (I hate Everest at WDW because of the steep drops but enjoy Space Mtn and RnRC.)

ParentsOf4

The roller coaster part of Revenge of the Mummy is small and not any worse than Space Mountain. It does not have any inversions. DW and I think the hardest physical aspects are some very sudden stops. Mostly, the vehicle takes you from scene-to-scene at a relatively slow pace.

There are some scenes that could frighten. Watch out for the mummies. And the skeletons. And the bugs. And the fire. And the fog. And the ...:D

P.S. The ride is on my Top 10 list of Orlando attractions.

Clyde

The Mummy is the best ride in the whole park IMO. The first time I rode it with my wife it caused us to laugh hysterically with joy it was so fun. I was blown away by the changes in environment and had no idea what was in store for us.( you just wait lol)

If your friend can take EE or RNRR they will have no problem with Revenge of the Mummy, but I think you will both be very glad you rode it!

WadesWorld25

I remembered when I first went on the Revenge of the Mummy. I was still angry about them closing Kong down. I went in with mild expectations and was completely blown away. Kong was classic but this was a worthy replacement nonetheless :)

BryceM

Revenge of the Mummy is an amazing attraction. She will get off, and want to run right back on... Trust me!

I've ridden Mummy five times in a row. I just couldn't get enough. Something about just makes it so re-rideable. The theming is superb, the effects are awesome and the coaster portion is very fun. I'm a sucker for a roller coaster in the dark.

ParentsOf4

Revenge of the Mummy is an amazing attraction. She will get off, and want to run right back on... Trust me!

I've ridden Mummy five times in a row. I just couldn't get enough. Something about just makes it so re-rideable. The theming is superb, the effects are awesome and the coaster portion is very fun. I'm a sucker for a roller coaster in the dark.
Revenge of the Mummy is difficult to explain to someone who's never ridden it. It's not exactly a roller coaster, nor an omnimover, nor a show, nor a typical dark ride. Most attractions have a single hook that's repeated over and over. Not the Mummy. Each scene throws something new at its riders.

Although the ride system is very different (most noticeably, no sudden drops, just a small roller coaster for part of the ride instead), Tower of Terror is the Orlando attraction that reminds me the most of Revenge of the Mummy. Both are well executed, immersive, and varied.

I smiled when I read your signature, which included quotes from these two attractions.:)

BryceM

Revenge of the Mummy is difficult to explain to someone who's never ridden it. It's not exactly a roller coaster, nor an omnimover, nor a show, nor a typical dark ride. Most attractions have a single hook that's repeated over and over. Not the Mummy. Each scene throws something new at its riders.

Although the ride system is very different (most noticeably, no sudden drops, just a small roller coaster for part of the ride instead), Tower of Terror is the Orlando attraction that reminds me the most of Revenge of the Mummy. Both are well executed, immersive, and varied.

I smiled when I read your signature, which included quotes from these two attractions.:)
Hahaha, isn't that funny! :)

They are two of my most absolute favorite attractions ever.

stevehousse

There is a video on YouTube where these people r taking a special tour of the ride with the lights on and then ride it with th lights on an you can make out all the coaster elements. It seems rather tame with the light on, but its a whole different experience in that darkness...

BryceM

There is a video on YouTube where these people r taking a special tour of the ride with the lights on and then ride it with th lights on an you can make out all the coaster elements. It seems rather tame with the light on, but its a whole different experience in that darkness...
That was Revenge of the Mummy in Hollywood.

luv

Mummy is more a ride on a coaster track than a coaster. If she could ride Kraken, this will be NO PROBLEM at all. The stuff that makes this a great ride is not really the movement of the ride itself, but everything that goes on around you. Don't give it a second thought. And have fun! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom