Return to normality tracker

Hope Princess

Hi friends! We are planning a Dec trip and I was wondering if anyone has heard when park hopping may go back to normal (you can hop any time you wish) or when EPCOT will open again earlier than 11 AM? I know Fastpass is up in the air but chances of a version of it being back in December?

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
Try low to mid 40s. I don’t think it’s being held at a consistent percentage by park anymore, It’s more about what they can handle from a staffing standpoint.
Well they were at 35%, and then Chapek announced 45%, and then way more reservations opened up (but that could've been a reallocation). I still think it's over 50%, but I guess in reality it doesn't matter with so many offerings still shuttered; we really don't know proportionally what level of attendance there is (50% full with everything open is very different than 50% now).

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Well they were at 35%, and then Chapek announced 45%, and then way more reservations opened up (but that could've been a reallocation). I still think it's over 50%, but I guess in reality it doesn't matter with so many offerings still shuttered; we really don't know proportionally what level of attendance there is (50% full with everything open is very different than 50% now).
I don’t believe Chapek ever said 45%. Can you point me to that?

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
I don’t believe Chapek ever said 45%. Can you point me to that?
You are correct, apologies. That was rumored. They were at 35% and then Chapek said they have already begun increasing capacity. That was a while ago, I would be surprised if they were lower than 45%. But you're right, we're still a long ways off from 100%

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That last part is what I think a lot of people forget when they say "the parks feel pretty packed." Part of the reason they feel "packed" is because not everything is open. At this point the limited capacity has nothing to do with Covid (at least in Florida) and everything to do with staffing issues.

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
You are correct, apologies. That was rumored. They were at 35% and then Chapek said they have already begun increasing capacity. That was a while ago, I would be surprised if they were lower than 45%. But you're right, we're still a long ways off from 100%
I’m going off of the numbers @lentesta has quoted on his podcast. 40-45%.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
I’m going off of the numbers @lentesta has quoted on his podcast. 40-45%.
Speaking of capacity, huge bump for July in park availability. Allocations make this difficult to say what this means though.

Edit: July is 100% available for all ticket types as is late June. We are definitely well beyond 45%. We are past several iterations of capacity bumps since the 35% announcement.

Last edited:

pdude81

I'm surprised with pre-shows returning that the Laugh Floor isn't back yet. Does anyone know if they are having issues getting talent for this and Turtle Talk? Seems like they will need to handle more guests very soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom