Return of parties (later) this year?

dreday3

Original Poster
Sorry, I could not find a thread on this. Feel free to move.

Any rumblings if the Halloween parties will be back this year - maybe for a shortened time as in only October and limited tickets? Anything?

dreday3

Original Poster
Nothing yet.

I honestly wouldn’t expect any news on this until the pandemic starts reversing its course.

Probably. But they take time to plan logistically, so I thought maybe something was already in the works. Perhaps a scaled down, easy to social distance party. Perhaps not

ToTBellHop

Think a ticket would include a reserved spot/time to watch the parade?
They would need to SERIOUSLY limit numbers. I imagine there would be fewer parties, too.

I was led to believe the parade could be modified to be less formal and the castle stage shows would be cut. You’d go for pop-up parades, fireworks, treats, and rides. Kind of a hybrid of a party and E-Ride Nights.

Not inherently awful depending on price. Parties with 25k people were frustratingly-crowded and the hyper-scheduled entertainment could easily eat up the whole night.

drew81

They would need to SERIOUSLY limit numbers. I imagine there would be fewer parties, too.

I was led to believe the parade could be modified to be less formal and the castle stage shows would be cut. You’d go for pop-up parades, fireworks, treats, and rides. Kind of a hybrid of a party and E-Ride Nights.

Not inherently awful depending on price. Parties with 25k people were frustratingly-crowded and the hyper-scheduled entertainment could easily eat up the whole night.
And with traditional meet and greets unlikely returning by the Fall, I doubt they could charge what they have in the past.

dreday3

Original Poster

That sounds excellent for us! Hope they can figure out how to make it work.

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry, I could not find a thread on this. Feel free to move.

Any rumblings if the Halloween parties will be back this year - maybe for a shortened time as in only October and limited tickets? Anything?

This was being discussed on a Trip Planning thread just today. Pam, aka @Kingdom Konsultant , confirmed TAs have been told they will be back in 2021.

Clamman73

Seems like they have to be at a point of Park capacity where they could handle the overlap crowd level of people who are there for regular hours plus people who show up for the party.

ilovetotravel1977

A little off topic, but what are thoughts on bringing back the Candlelight Processional?

Editing to add: I just realized that yes, they can social distance the audience, but they can't do anything like that for the singers, who are public singers/choirs, not WDW employees. And they can't really sing with masks on.

Okay, I guess I just answered my own question LOL

dreday3

Original Poster
Seems like they have to be at a point of Park capacity where they could handle the overlap crowd level of people who are there for regular hours plus people who show up for the party.

That wouldn't be hard if you still need a park reservation for the day. Don’t allow party members to enter until party time. Close park hour before to clear out day guests

nickys

Premium Member
A little off topic, but what are thoughts on bringing back the Candlelight Processional?

Editing to add: I just realized that yes, they can social distance the audience, but they can't do anything like that for the singers, who are public singers/choirs, not WDW employees. And they can't really sing with masks on.

Okay, I guess I just answered my own question LOL
There’s also two added problems. The rehearsals for the choirs start in the summer, plus several of the choirs are schools. Since the vaccine trials haven’t included many children I assume they won’t be included in the vaccination programme until later in the year.

Unless they decide to use all adult choirs.... It could be possible I guess. I think it’s a matter of waiting until the late Spring and see what’s happening then.

ToTBellHop

They will probably wait to see how the new strains of covid play out and if things get any worse. We don’t seem to be going in a good direction yet.
There is anecdotal good evidence that is drowned out by larger news stories—for example, infection and death rates are falling in nursing homes, one of the first vaccine priorities and a good, initial case study.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom