Return of Dining Plan

SteveUK

I would expect so, yes. I'll be interested in seeing how it plays out and compares to the Dining Credit offer we have at the moment.
Interesting. I have the $500 credit as part of this booking, but would still be tempted to pay for a plan. I’ll have to look carefully at the sums when more detail appears.

harryk

Is management saying that they are having significant problems in getting wait-staff back to open the restaurants? i.e still blaming Covid19. Florida has been open for a significant period of time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would appear that quite a few people used the time they were laid off to find jobs that were more stable, pay better, and generally don't make you hate all of humanity. I am not too sure how you fix that.
1 and 1A

Not to divert (here it comes)…but there is such a strange phenomenon in labor that I admit took my cynical by surprise:

low money, no political power Workers have managed to line up in a consensus.

it’s not just unemployment payments…they don’t want to go “back in their box”. Don’t want to serve people for less scratch.

Congress would NEVER have authorized half of what they did if they had any inkling people didn’t want to go back to wait tables at the OG.

back to Disney…the employees aren’t stupid…they see the prices and what the place rakes in revenue…why do they want to deal with peoples crap for the tiniest of morsels from the pie?

Last edited:

GaBoy

it’s not just unemployment payments…they don’t want to go “back in their box”. Don’t want to serve people for less scratch.
I don't doubt this (bolded) for a second. I just wonder if it is only the alternate (albeit temporary) source of income in the form of forbearance and unemployment benefit payouts that makes this an actual choice for many. I do believe that a great many have explored and found alternate income sources that at least match, but, until assistance runs out we really don't know if this is a true collective shift. If so, what materialized that provides a paycheck now, for the low wage earner, that didn't exist prior? It would not be hard to exceed those wages, at Disney's scale, with the challenges of working with the general public. Perhaps the great benefit would be that many who were on the edge of making a move to something greater got their push.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't doubt this (bolded) for a second. I just wonder if it is only the alternate (albeit temporary) source of income in the form of forbearance and unemployment benefit payouts that makes this an actual choice for many. I do believe that a great many have explored and found alternate income sources that at least match, but, until assistance runs out we really don't know if this is a true collective shift. If so, what materialized that provides a paycheck now, for the low wage earner, that didn't exist prior? It would not be hard to exceed those wages, at Disney's scale, with the challenges of working with the general public. Perhaps the great benefit would be that many who were on the edge of making a move to something greater got their push.
The worker will “lose”…there will be no life changing paradigm shift.
This is ‘Merica…power is for the few.

even the “$15 an hour wage” is in many cases calculated damage control by business…make it far enough into the future it’s worth $10 and business get years or more to adjust pricing to make even more money off it.

sad…but I’ve seen this kinda schtick before.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is management saying that they are having significant problems in getting wait-staff back to open the restaurants? i.e still blaming Covid19. Florida has been open for a significant period of time.
Everywhere in the U.S., opened or unopened, is having issues with labor. It's pretty much been in the national news every day for the past two months.

So, no, Evil Disney isn't somehow lying about COVID in order to pad their pockets by somehow coming out ahead by keeping restaurants closed or at a minimal capacity. I can't imagine any conspiracy being more self-contradictory.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Disney did not give a date today, but did mention this -

"Speaking of Disney Resort hotel stays, we know many of you are also wondering when Disney dining plan packages will return. While we’re not quite ready to share an update on timing, we are planning to bring this guest-favorite option back at a later date. We will also continue to reopen more Resort offerings, including restaurants like ‘Ohana (with the noodles!)."

Seriously... "at a later date" could easily be 2045. Sorry, I see this as a "non-announcement".
Performance - not promises :(.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's a separate thread to discuss the economy's impact on WDW...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s called a recession.

It appears that recessions will “no longer be tolerated”…which signals the final end of industrialization in America. The long goodbye.

the rich now direct the markets to pull whatever strings necessary to avoid the recessions. No more long slides and longer climbs back. As long as the new tricks hold.

this subtle “I’m not working for that” worker thing…in the long run…will probably be a good thing for everyone. If everyone had gone back for minimum wage…the divide would be growing even more than normal now. The stock lords would be worth a ton more coming out of a year when they sold nothing…and crushed spirit in labor would only embolden trying to crush it more.

hold the line.

Bluknite

Many Waiters are amung the highest paid positions at WDW. Think about that mandatory tip policy. Most wait staff are making much more that many other positions at WDW. College Students are returning to the program at WDW, THat is a huge part of the Cast Member work force.

Bluknite

It appears that recessions will “no longer be tolerated”…which signals the final end of industrialization in America. The long goodbye.

the rich now direct the markets to pull whatever strings necessary to avoid the recessions. No more long slides and longer climbs back. As long as the new tricks hold.

this subtle “I’m not working for that” worker thing…in the long run…will probably be a good thing for everyone. If everyone had gone back for minimum wage…the divide would be growing even more than normal now. The stock lords would be worth a ton more coming out of a year when they sold nothing…and crushed spirit in labor would only embolden trying to crush it more.

hold the line.
Please educate yourself on the WDW programs. Like any other area of life, work wages vari. If you want higher pay, get a higher education. If you work at a gas station or McDonalds, you can't expect to be paid Microsoft wages....That is just a fact of life.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Please educate yourself on the WDW programs. Like any other area of life, work wages vari. If you want higher pay, get a higher education. If you work at a gas station or McDonalds, you can't expect to be paid Microsoft wages....That is just a fact of life.
I’m sure you have an excellent point…I’m just not sure how it applies to a philosophical/historical take.

I was educated…but I can go back to someplace cheaper if it will help me understand you better? 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom