RetroCot for the 25th year

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I'm a little early on the celebration of Epcot's 25th in 07 and I was wondering if will see anything like Dedication Plaques in front of Old Attractions (Example World of Motion and Horizons), And Why not bring back the old Logo's during the time it opened. Everytime I see the origional logo's it brings back fond memories in figuring out what attraction is where. What would you like to see for the 25th year? Besides Seeing the Wand being taken down! It's been mentioned tooo much.

sabian

I agree..but my idea goes a bit farther. I think they should re-open Horizons, just a more updated version than the original. Also, a nice refurb of Spaceship Earth would be nice. But, yeah, that would be cool...Retro...Like actually patterning EPCOT after WALT'S vision...interesting idea....hmmmmm....think Iger's paying attention? :wave:

dxwwf3

Cmdr_Crimson said:
I'm a little early on the celebration of Epcot's 25th in 07 and I was wondering if will see anything like Dedication Plaques in front of Old Attractions (Example World of Motion and Horizons), And Why not bring back the old Logo's during the time it opened. Everytime I see the origional logo's it brings back fond memories in figuring out what attraction is where. What would you like to see for the 25th year? Besides Seeing the Wand being taken down! It's been mentioned tooo much.

That's a heck of an idea. You wanna talk about making WDW fans happy and selling a TON of merchandise of old Epcot gear. Disney probably won't do all that just for the fans, but we can always dream.

Vernonpush

I have a feeling that the wand will be there for the 25th - with "Epcot" being replaced with a big "25" or something to that effect. :hurl:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Vernonpush said:
I have a feeling that the wand will be there for the 25th - with "Epcot" being replaced with a big "25" or something to that effect. :hurl:

Shhhhhhhh! Disney will hear you!
I would love to see a new Horizons. It could be called H2, Hummer could sponsor it then all would be right with the world…….. Well at least Disney world.

matt88mph

For the big two-five, I think that they should refurbish World Showplace (or Millenium Village) and make it into "Epcot: The First 25 Years."

But hey, that's just me.

EDIT: 333th Post! "But there's always room for one more." Yeah, it doesn't sound better when you're only 1/3 the way there.

FigmentJedi

Here's some obvious ideas from me...
Bring Back Dreamfinder, Tapestry of Nations, the Dreamseekers from ToD, andd some sorta show with singing food(preferably hosted by Weird Al Yankovic) and that would make me happy

ctwhalerman

sabian said:
Retro...Like actually patterning EPCOT after WALT'S vision...interesting idea....hmmmmm....think Iger's paying attention? :wave:

Don't forget our Epcot is completely different from Walt's EPCOT, which is something that unfortunately is largely unattainable. It was a good idea, but one that would not likely satisfy the American public, and certainly not the more powerful American corporations (imagine what a successful city without cars that stressed mass transit would do to all of them!)

But hopefully they will give Epcot as good scrubbing and sprucing before its anniversary, with some sort of tribute to both Walt's EPCOT and the Epcot Center of the 80s. Luckily they already have that attraction in Tomorrowland, and with rumors of its closing, why not just move the COP to Epcot, where it seems to fit in perfectly! (Let me dream, alright!)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
That's a heck of an idea. You wanna talk about making WDW fans happy and selling a TON of merchandise of old Epcot gear. Disney probably won't do all that just for the fans, but we can always dream.

Well, look what they've done with the 50th for Disneyland --- all kinds of retro merchandise is available. Hopefully the same will happen for Epcot's 25th.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For the anniversary I wish they would bring back the original music for Illuminations. It was so much better than Reflections of Earth. I loved when the cuckoo came on for Germany and Rhaphsody in Blue would always give me the chills.

Captain Chaos

Epcot gong retro would be pretty awesome and a great idea... I support it. But, I must say, I do enjoy the new attractions as much as the old classic ones.

TP2000

stingrock23 said:
All I want is retro merchandise. I'd spend a fortune.

I think there is a good chance of that. They offering a TON of retro merchandise for Disneyland's 50th, and the two CM's I talked to on Main Street said the stuff is flying off the shelves three times faster than they had thought it would, and the 50th hasn't even kicked off yet. You see lots of people wandering around Disneyland with the retro shirts and hats and bags now. And here in Orange County in the last couple weeks I've seen several fashionable women at restaurants and at the mall wearing a little retro Disneyland t-shirt over their latest breast enhancement surgery. It's a craze that isn't confined to just inside the berm at Disneyland.

All of the retro Disneyland merch is extremely attractive, and it's patterned off of the look and style of the Disneyland look of the early 1960's, about 7 or 8 years into Disneyland's operation when they really started going strong. There is more retro stuff coming this summer, and some really cool stuff too like reproductions of the Hawaiian shirts the CM's wore at the Tiki Room in 1963, etc., etc.

With the runaway popularity of Disneyland's 50th retro merchandise, I'm sure the folks back in Florida will seriously consider early 1980's retro merch for Epcot's 25th in '07. They would be stupid not to, after seeing how quickly Californians took to the new retro Disneyland craze.

dixiegirl

ooooooh i think they should bring back the old cast members costumes that they wore way back when..and have mickey andthe gang walking around in their space uniforms froma back inthe day...i have some great pics of when i was younger with space mickey....its pretty cool.... and definatly bring back the old illuminations music....i loveed illuminations for the 25th anniversary just watched it the other day...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speaking of retro EPCOT - soming soon to Disney Central: Futureworld 1990 - a video walkaround.

More info soon at my group (link in my sig)

brkgnews

If they were asking me for ideas...

Future World...
Open up an EPCOT Center museum-type display in the Odyssey Center. Features on the original attractions, artifacts, photos, video loops of the opening special and the dedication, etc. Make sure there's a special section showing the EPCOT that Walt had envisioned (the city)
Plaques at the entrance to each pavillion showing current and previous atttraction opening and closing dates, along with a description of the philosiphy of each pavillion.
Tons of retro merchandise that I can buy. Especially polo shirts with each of the old circle-style logos.

World Showcase...
Bring back the milennium village.
Special ending for IllumiNations ROE

tnemgif

BRING BACK THE DREAMFINDER! I swear I'm not obsessed I just loved the original Imagination ride...it was my favorite ride when I was small.

TinkerBell9988

drumbum67 said:
BRING BACK THE DREAMFINDER! I swear I'm not obsessed I just loved the original Imagination ride...it was my favorite ride when I was small.

:sohappy:

I agree with you 110%. I also love the idea of turning either Milennium Village or the Odyssey into an EPCOT Center 25th Ann. Celebrational Pavillion. Maybe they would even include some pieces of old AAs from the originals, like WoM and Kitchen Kabaret. Now THAT would be so cool.

And yes, I am a proud supporter of bringing retro 1980s merchandise back to EPCOT stores!! I myself own 4 vintage EPCOT tees that I picked up from eBay, and I always get comments and questions on them when I visit the park. Especially the one with Dreamfinder and Figment... That one's my favorite!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom