Rethinking my ADR, need advice

RetiredFRN

Original Poster
So, as our vacation approaches, 15 days!! I am rethinking my ADR for one of the nights. Have ADR at Kona Café but have looked and there are a lot of other reservations available for that night. Have wanted to eat there but have been reading some reviews and now I'm not so sure. What does everyone think. Stick with Kona Café or try LeCellier, California Grill, Narcosses?? Help

Tinkerbell397

I am not a fan of LeCellier...It is the only restaurant in Disney where I actually felt rushed. It was like they could not get us out fast enough so they could keep rotating the tables. California Grill and Narcoossee's are in a whole different class than Kona Cafe. I love The Kona Cafe for breakfast but have not been there for lunch or dinner. I have been to both Narcoossee's and California Grill several times and neither place will disappoint..they are both a wonderful dining experience. You will need 2+ hours to do each one right. From the moment the concierge brings you up the private elevator to the California Grill, you know this will be a special experience. The food and service are both perfection. We always leave the California Grill for our last dinner in the World....like a celebration. Narcoossee's is also a very special experience.....overlooking Bay Lake in it's own building...excellent food and service too. You cannot go wrong with either one. We usually dress for both restaurants...just makes the experience extra Magical!

bigtotoro

So, as our vacation approaches, 15 days!! I am rethinking my ADR for one of the nights. Have ADR at Kona Café but have looked and there are a lot of other reservations available for that night. Have wanted to eat there but have been reading some reviews and now I'm not so sure. What does everyone think. Stick with Kona Café or try LeCellier, California Grill, Narcosses?? Help
Le Cellier has always been spectacularly overrated. The other two mentioned are excellent and I'd add Citricos for proximity, as well.

DisneyDebNJ

We do Kona for breakfast, we didn't care for it for dinner after a few attempts. Le Cellier, is a yearly stop, only due to tradition. If you're looking for a terrific steak, check out Yachtsman's Steakhouse in lieu of Le Cellier. Both Narcoossee's and Cali Grill are fabulous options. Keep in mind, all of the restaurants you listed, aside from Kona Cafe are signature restaurants, and if on the dining plan are two credits. If paying out of pocket, they can be very pricey.

zurgandfriend

Like @DisneyDebNJ we prefer the Kona Cafe for breakfast. My first choice would be California Grill. The food, view and wishes from the roof of the Contemporary are all great. Narcoosee's is also very good and would be my second choice.

Tinkerbella16

Kona is my favorite, but for breakfast. If I had to choose out of the other 3, I'd go with Narcossee's w/ Cali Grill coming in close second for the atmosphere and great menus! Le Cellier is overrated.

MGMBoy

Agreed, Kona for breakfast. Best breakfast on property IMO. California Grill has always been one of my absolute favorites so I'd recommend that. Enjoy and make sure to report back! :)

seahawk7

I wouldn't book Le Cellier. The other recommendations people are giving in the above posts are good. I would choose from those.

dreamfinder

As @JillC LI said, where will you be that day? Le Cellier isn't bad, but as pointed out, it is a bit over rater compared to its current quality and price. Kona is on a totally different level than Cali Grill and Narcoossee's. You can go there in your park clothes and not feel out of place at all. The others I would suggest wearing nicer clothes if you go, they won't turn you away, but they do have a suggested dress code that meets the decor and ambiance.

slappy magoo

I'd second Kona for breakfast or a to-get-out-of-the-sun lunch - we had an unplanned late lunch there last trip which was nice. But for dinner, it's the kind of place you go to when you don't have reservations anywhere else, you won't be disappointed in the meal, but there's not much ambiance, not much of a view. I'd say the same things about The Wave at the Contemporary & Turf Grill at Saratoga, all nice restaurants with tasty options I still wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to visit. Were I the OP, I'd choose Cali Grill and then have a breakfast or lunch at Kona. Lots of people don't think about it for lunch, but it's a nice option when you're visiting the MK. At lunchtime, instead of fighting the crowds at a counter service place in the park, or the noise at a sitdown restaurant in the park, monorail over to the Poly, get out of the sun, you'll really enjoy the meal, and feel recharged to back to the park (at least when they're not under renovations).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom