Resturants

duemes

Oh only about 5 weeks left and off to Disney World we come. My girlfriend and myself are coming down for 6 days and I am opening this thread up to hear good resturatns around down there. The following is what we have scheduled, but I want to hear other's opinion on any other resturants that you guys have been to:

Character Breaskfast @ Animal Kingdom
Emeril's
Sci-Fi Dine-In @ MGM

well....let me know!

THANKS!

:p

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would suggest Bomas for dinner. I just went with Mitzer and Mktiggerman from the forums and we had a great time. I would also suggest the Yachtsman, Teppanyaki, LeCellier, Whispering Canyon Cafe and the Flying Fish.

Good Luck,

Pam

Upvote 0

oochr1soo

last time i was there i ate at the Concourse Steakhouse at the contemporary.. id try that.. they had awesome chicken.. kinda expensive but i think its on par with most of the restaurants there..

chris

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Liberty Tree Tavern at MK is fun and the food is very good.

Italy and France resturants at Epcot.

We always love to eat at Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge.

And we tried Narcoosess's at Grande Floridian last time, and the food and atmosphere was great.

I'd also agree with Boma. We've done breakfast many times over there, and we'll be doing dinner on our next trip, and if it only half as good as breakfast, it will still be great.

Jiko (AKL other resturant) is also wonderfull, but a bit expensive.

Have fun...eat up! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

We really enjoyed a meal at ESPN on the Boardwalk last year. Not far from there is Beaches and Cream at the Y&B Club. Best ice cream at WDW.

FYI - I read a Trip Report at Mousesavers.com and the couple did not like Emerils at all. Maybe you want to check it out, I did not eat there. We at at Hard Rock and liked it.

Upvote 0

kosherkid411

You've got to go to Bomba's at the AKL. The food is awesome. You might also want to trying to schedule dinner show like the Luau or Hop-De-Do Musical Reveue. For me, the Rainforest Cafe is always a must see. you may also want to look at Narcoose's (spelling???) at GF or the California Grill at the Contemporary for a nice romantic meal. If yuo really want to splurge (and I mean really) you can book a dinner and fireworks crusie on the Seven Seas Lagon. We did that for my grandparents on my grandfather's 65.

And one more not, I personally wouldn't go to the Sc-Fi Diner either. I'd rather spend the extra money and get a Fantasmic dinner package or go the 50's Prime Time Diner.

Upvote 0

thumper

duemes...my husband and I went to Emerils for dinner to celebrate our 1 year anniversary last year. The food was good (Texas redfish and his signature Banana Cream pie are unbelievable!), but I wouldn't do it again. If you're looking for ambience and quiet times, you won't find it there. In retrospect, we should've just celebrated/dined on property. But we wanted to go just to try it!

Upvote 0

ucf disneyfan

A personal favorite of mine is the Benihana restaraunt in Japan and Alfredos in Italy. Also I was very disapointed the first and last time I went to Sci Fi. The food is mediocre and the movies they show are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to B movies. Not to mention that you only see small clips of each movie.

Upvote 0

jmewin

When I was in WDW last November,I found a lot of good places to eat. You might have a budget or price limits so check wdwig.com for menus and prices. I loved Le Cellier. Akershus in Norway is a must for each visit. Portobello Yacht Club was good. Fulton's Crab House was so-so. Planet Hollywood was so noisy I couldn't hear myself think. I had breakfast at Spoodles and Kona Cafe and both were excellent.
Have a great trip!! Get back to us and let us know where you ate and what you liked.:wave:

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Every Disney Person I know

Goes to O'hana's at the polynesian. This place is awesome and a must see.........I haven't heard one person say this restaurant is bad. It's one price and you get everything, and I mean everything. If you go to one restaurant, try this one!~~

Upvote 0

emilymad

I recommend Coral Reef in Epcot for seafood. Try to get a seat by the fish tank for an amazing view. My finance loved the food so much that he is still talking about it over a year later.
:D

Upvote 0

SamatBCV

Everyone has posted good places on here, but it seems that either few people have heard of Tony's Town Square Rest. in MK. That is one of the most underrated/forgotten places in WDW. This is probably cause it is right at the entrance of MK instead of in the middle of the park. Anyway, I've eaten there a few times and it is always excellent and a decent bargain. It also is usually easy to get into it (we had about a 5 minute wait when there on Dec 23).

Upvote 0

free9

Breakfast at A.K. was cool, I think it is the only place that you can dine with the DUCK, DONALD that is......

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Boma is the best restaraunt in all of WDW. The food is fantastic, the service is wonderful and the zebra dome is the best dessert in Disney World. The best part is that I am going on Friday:slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi duemes,

I'd avoid the Sci Fi. If you're looking for entertainment with your meal, I think the 50's Prime Time Cafe has better food for the same price.

As others have suggested, if you've got the time, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great place for dinner.

Sincerely,

Len

Upvote 0

old pir8

The California Grill, Artist's Point and Flying Fish are all great. The food at Fulton's was very good but I thought over-priced. Boma was very good and out-of-the-ordinary. Almost all the restaurants at World Showcase are great (except China).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom