Restaurants

HayAntPat

Original Poster
I need some help ! I am trying to plan my dining for my upcoming trip and have run out of places to go. My husband is a picky eater so anything too fancy doesn't work. Anyone have any good suggestions ? Thanks for the help !

phenom1307

these are all the big restaurants in the resorts i've eaten at.....1900 Park Fare, Artist Point, Boatwright's, Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Jiko, Kona Cafe, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana, Yachtsman Steakhouse

in the parks: Coral Reef, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Les Chefs de France, Tony's Town Square, and one at DHS but i dont remember its name

theose are all that i could remember and i consider myself to be extremely picky and so does my girlfriend haha (and all my family actually lol)...and i can't recall having trouble finding something on the menu i enjoyed

you can also checkout the QFS locations as well

scole3388

I would add Spoodles on the Boardwalk in addition to others mentioned. That link to menus that an earlier poster added could really help you out w/ your decisions.

mouselvrmom

In addition to the others mentioned (my personal fave is 50s prime time) I would try the Liberty Tree Tavern. They serve thanksgiving type fare and have characters dressed in their colonial garb. It's really fun.

jasonfc13

picky eater

Being a picky eater myself, I would recommend ESPN Club & 50's prime time. Both have simple menus with a lot of choices, nothing crazy!

kubfish

I am picky - Enjoy fish, steak, burgers... nothing fancy just good food. To fancy usually doesn't sit well with me.

Hoop Dee Doo - A tad expensive but food is fried chicken and ribs with the normal sides. The SHOW IS awesome and any age will love it and the food is just as good.

I would check out the Character Buffets to, Chef Mickeys.. give you a choice what to eat.

San Angel inn, if you like mexican food and are thinking hey lets try this. DO NOT its horrible food, worst Mexican food (if you could even call it that) I have ever had. Actually in Epcot after going last month the Le Cellier is the only place I would give a chance. I didn't go but its on our target for next trip.

not sure if I can post a link but here are all the menu's from AllEars
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

I don't think this was mentioned before, but I absolutely love eating at The Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. It's right on Main Street facing the castle. We always eat there for supper our first night. They have great sandwiches, soups, and desserts. It's quaint and the service is always good.

lilclerk

I don't think this was mentioned before, but I absolutely love eating at The Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. It's right on Main Street facing the castle. We always eat there for supper our first night. They have great sandwiches, soups, and desserts. It's quaint and the service is always good.

Me too! I ate there for the first time in February and was very pleasantly surprised. And it's pretty cheap, so you can't go wrong.

I think my very favorite restaurant is 50s Prime Time, though. I am craving pot roast just thinking about it. I also enjoyed the Coral Reef in Epcot, even though I hate seafood... the steak was delicious. :slurp:

RiversideBunny

When asking for restaurant recommendations on this site you will get a great variety of suggestions.
It may help to know what you already have ADR's for and what the picky person does not like for sure.

Overall the buffets may be the best bet since everyone can select what they want.

Good luck.
:drevil:

DisneyChik17

One of the best restaurants on property. When we went in April we were so shocked at how popular it had gotten. Usually we could walk right up and get seated right away. Now you must have ADRs! :eek: We we so surprised, but now we know and we will have them on every trip from now on. At least once. Most likely more. LOL!

nibblesandbits

When asking for restaurant recommendations on this site you will get a great variety of suggestions.
It may help to know what you already have ADR's for and what the picky person does not like for sure.

Overall the buffets may be the best bet since everyone can select what they want.

Good luck.
:drevil:
I agree, if we knew the places you've already got picked out, that would help.

My best choices though for picky eaters are 50s Prime Time, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree Tavern.

HayAntPat

Original Poster
We have ADR's at Planet Hollywood, Le Celier, Chef Mickeys, Sci Fi , Beaches & Cream, Turf Club, San Angel Inn, The Plaza, Hollywood and Vine, Big River Grille, Tonys Town Square.

Is San Angel Inn really that bad ? I read the above post and it doesn't look encouraging.

nibblesandbits

We have ADR's at Planet Hollywood, Le Celier, Chef Mickeys, Sci Fi , Beaches & Cream, Turf Club, San Angel Inn, The Plaza, Hollywood and Vine, Big River Grille, Tonys Town Square.

Is San Angel Inn really that bad ? I read the above post and it doesn't look encouraging.
I'll give you this opinion. I didn't really like Tony's Town Square. I thought the food was only ok when I ate there. I haven't eaten at San Angel, but I do know people who like it and people who don't. To each their own.

I've also heard that Planet Hollywood is spotty. I liked it, but some others don't. I've heard the same about Sci Fi.

The ones that I really like on your list are LeCellier...which is delicious and Chef Mickey's...but that one holds a special place in my heart b/c I got engaged there.

The others I either haven't tried or haven't heard a lot about.

DisneyChik17

Ok, my key is:

Bold = Been there; I liked it.
Italics = Never been; Heard great things
Underline = Never been; Haven't heard anything or anything positive

Planet Hollywood, Le Cellier, Chef Mickeys, Sci Fi , Beaches & Cream, Turf Club, San Angel Inn, The Plaza, Hollywood and Vine, Big River Grille, Tonys Town Square

macsmom

I loved Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi Theatre and Hollywood & Vine. I am one that would not recommend San Angel Inn. Horrible food. They serve only sweet tea, not too good for diabetics. I had to drink diet coke, which I hate. Anyway, I make it a point to eat at Sci-Fi each time I go to the park now.

danna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom