Restaurants in The World I Have To Try?????

JCtheparrothead

Sanaa at the Kadini Village is awesome. Go in with the mindset that you are going to try something different than everything else in the world and you will have a great experience. 10 out of 10 in my book.:sohappy:

sgshredder33

I'm sure I am going to stir up some people on the threads by saying this but you need to try sci fi dine in theater atleast once. I really like the shakes. The atmosphere might be the best on property. Sure the food isn't spectacular and it is a little overpriced, but you defidently need to go.

I will also say that breakfast at Boma is amazing, one of the biggest buffets I've ever seen. There were some things that I had never heard of, but I decided to be adventurous and was quite pleased.

IMO though, the must do restaurant for us is now Kona Cafe for dinner. This past trip was our first time eating there and everyone of us loved what we ordered. The coconut almond chicken I had was one of the best meals of my life. My DH, mom, & dad all got the Tuna Oscar and raved about it as well. I don't even it fish, but I tried. I am now converted into a grilled tuna lover. Oh and you HAVE to try the Lapu Lapu drink. It is served in a whole pineapple & is supper yummy!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm sure I am going to stir up some people on the threads by saying this but you need to try sci fi dine in theater atleast once. I really like the shakes. The atmosphere might be the best on property. Sure the food isn't spectacular and it is a little overpriced, but you defidently need to go.

I agree, but make it lunch rather than dinner, and stick to something simple like ribs

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
I will also say that breakfast at Boma is amazing, one of the biggest buffets I've ever seen. There were some things that I had never heard of, but I decided to be adventurous and was quite pleased.

IMO though, the must do restaurant for us is now Kona Cafe for dinner. This past trip was our first time eating there and everyone of us loved what we ordered. The coconut almond chicken I had was one of the best meals of my life. My DH, mom, & dad all got the Tuna Oscar and raved about it as well. I don't even it fish, but I tried. I am now converted into a grilled tuna lover. Oh and you HAVE to try the Lapu Lapu drink. It is served in a whole pineapple & is supper yummy!

Def hittin the poly for a Lapu Lapu this trip :slurp:

mpoppins217

Add in another recommendation for Biergarten. Great food and entertainment. Huge beers. Fun conversation if you end up seated with talkative folks. I learned some spanish one time from a great family on vacation from Mexico!

Other recommendations:
Kona---breakfast

Boma---dinner or breakfast (get the juice if you go for breakfast!)

The Plaza---the veg. sandwich is one of my favorites I've ever had anywhere

Sci-fi---great atmosphere, semi-decent food, especially if you're going for free dining

50s Prime Time---again, an amazing atmosphere even though the food over the years has gone downhill

I'm sure I could go on and on but I'll stop! Have a great trip!

Chroniq

Top 5 Places to eat

California Grill- Hands down the best restaurant on property, forget V&A and sitting in silence, this is the true gem of WDW fine dining.

Blue Zoo- It's not on the dining plan, but it is a hidden gem.. Todd English does his own take on fish and shell fish. Cantonese Style Lobster is great.

Yachtsman Steakhouse...Lobster Bisque here with any one of their cuts of aged beef.. Finish with Creme Brulee

O'Hanas-It's certainly not high end dining but the atmosphere, the music, the open flame grill, the good served family style, makes this a perennial favorite.

Victoria & Alberts... The downside about this place is you literally eat with five other couples in near total silence and walk out with empty pockets particularly if you do wine pairings. That being said, everyone needs to put it on their bucket list. One of the only places in America where you can get true "Kobe" beef and you'll be amazed on how they brew their coffee.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Most of my favorites have been mentioned, but I'll list 'em anyway:

Another vote for lunch at Sci-Fi. With a milkshake. :slurp:

Biergarten is great.

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) serves wonderful food in a very nice atmosphere.

Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Coral Reef. Even if you are not mad for fish they always have a steak and a chicken dish.

I've always enjoyed the food at Les Chefs de France, but didn't see it on your list or anyone else's. :lol:

P.S.--my mother's from Louth, my dad from Roscommon, and since they were each the only ones to emigrate here, well, let's just say that you are closer to all my aunts/uncles/cousins than I am. :wave:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Add in another recommendation for Biergarten. Great food and entertainment. Huge beers. Fun conversation if you end up seated with talkative folks. I learned some spanish one time from a great family on vacation from Mexico!

Other recommendations:
Kona---breakfast

Boma---dinner or breakfast (get the juice if you go for breakfast!)

The Plaza---the veg. sandwich is one of my favorites I've ever had anywhere

Sci-fi---great atmosphere, semi-decent food, especially if you're going for free dining

50s Prime Time---again, an amazing atmosphere even though the food over the years has gone downhill

I'm sure I could go on and on but I'll stop! Have a great trip!

Konas on my list for breakfast :sohappy: Tonga Toast :sohappy:
The Plaza is on my list, need to try something other than Tonys
Prime time is on the list, gonna try the Pot Roast:sohappy:

Thanx :wave:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Top 5 Places to eat

California Grill- Hands down the best restaurant on property, forget V&A and sitting in silence, this is the true gem of WDW fine dining.

Blue Zoo- It's not on the dining plan, but it is a hidden gem.. Todd English does his own take on fish and shell fish. Cantonese Style Lobster is great.

Yachtsman Steakhouse...Lobster Bisque here with any one of their cuts of aged beef.. Finish with Creme Brulee

O'Hanas-It's certainly not high end dining but the atmosphere, the music, the open flame grill, the good served family style, makes this a perennial favorite.

Victoria & Alberts... The downside about this place is you literally eat with five other couples in near total silence and walk out with empty pockets particularly if you do wine pairings. That being said, everyone needs to put it on their bucket list. One of the only places in America where you can get true "Kobe" beef and you'll be amazed on how they brew their coffee.

California Grill Is Top of my list, and will be booked first :sohappy:

'Ohana is def on the list, for same reasons :sohappy:

V&A probably not, maybe on a trip with just me and my GF

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Most of my favorites have been mentioned, but I'll list 'em anyway:

Another vote for lunch at Sci-Fi. With a milkshake. :slurp:

Biergarten is great.

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) serves wonderful food in a very nice atmosphere.

Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Coral Reef. Even if you are not mad for fish they always have a steak and a chicken dish.

I've always enjoyed the food at Les Chefs de France, but didn't see it on your list or anyone else's. :lol:

P.S.--my mother's from Louth, my dad from Roscommon, and since they were each the only ones to emigrate here, well, let's just say that you are closer to all my aunts/uncles/cousins than I am. :wave:

Another vote for Biergarten :sohappy:

Its on my list now, def want to try it :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom