Restaurants good for kids

bcuinohio

Original Poster
Does anyone have some suggestions for good restaurants for kids. My boys will be 8 and 12 when we go. We are staying at the GF or CR. We have the DDP and I wanted some suggestions for full service restaurants in or outside the parks. We were thinking of the Le Cellier in Epcot, 1900 Park Fare at the GF and Chef Mickeys at the CR. We need one more and the three I mentioned are not set in stone. Can I do the Fantasmic dinner package with the DDP? That is another possibility. Any input would be reatly appreciated.

mousebymarriage

In our group in January we had kids of the following ages (boys= 2yr, 6yr, 8yr, 9yr... Girls= 15yr, 12yr, 11yr, 10yr) we ate dinner at: The Garden Grill, O'Hanas, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe. The kids loved all the places and we had no problem with food issues at any of the restaurants.

H20Babie

Coral Reef would also be good for boys that age, especially if you can snag an ADR when the divers are in the tank.

tigsmom

Definitely go to the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL, its a great time for all!
Cape may Cafe has a character breakfast and a clam bake for dinner - they have plenty of non seafood items too, my girls love that.
Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana, Trail's End Buffet over in Fort Wilderness is a good one too and there are things to do before and afterwards.
Boma at the AKL was a surprise hit for us too.

GoofyMom2

I have 2 boys ages 8 and 11....I will tell you some of their favorites:The really loved Chef Mickey's last year for breakfast. It was very rowdy but they had a lot of fun. Characters seemed a bit rushed, though. Minnie skipped over DS age 10 (at the time) and we had to call her back.One of their favorites is Liberty Tree tavern. We always have great character interaction and even my picky eater has his fill. Older DS just loves the flank steak. We have some of our favorite pictures from here.They also enjoy Crystal Palace (we have only done breakfast here)...it's a tradition each trip. Buffets are usually a good bet for our family.Whispering canyon cafe is always tons of fun....my boys always look forward to going here. Even though older DS says "it's embarrassing" he loves asking for ketchup, staws etc. You can use the DDP with the Fantasmic Dinner Package....just be sure to mention it when you make your ADR. We are trying the Brown Derby this year with the Fantasmic package.We have also had great luck with Gulliver's character meal in the Swan. There are usually only 2 characters, but they get a lot of attention from them and we have always had good service and quality food.O'Hana's breakfast was also really enjoyed last year.....fun characters! We have also had dinner here although picky eater ordered off menu and got a grilled cheese and french fries. This was no problem to get and staff was very nice about it.We are also trying 1900 Park Fair for the first time this year!Have a great trip!

disney21

Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's are always winners, I agree. I'd also recomend Sci-Fi~ i know when i was 12 this was one of the places i wanted to eat at!! My family also loves Rose & Crown >> just a suggestion :eek:

RussJT

In addition to the ones already mentioned... if you need a meal at the Magic Kingdom, I would recommend Crystal Palace. Your kids may be a bit old for the Pooh Characters (maybe not), but it is a very good buffet and would have a lot there for them to choose from.

Yes you can use the DDP for the Fantasmic Dinner package. Just make sure to mention that you want the package when you make your reservation. We are using the DDP for the package at Mama Melrose in a little over two weeks.

WDWmom64055

When are you going? If it is late May - early July

you should know that they have raised the character meal prices through the roof for this "holiday" season. Last fall I made reservations for Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Tusker House breakfast, and California Grill. I ended up cancelling everything except Tusker House. My boys are close in age to yours...they'll be 7 and 12 when we travel. They enjoy the characters some, but it's not as if they think they're real or want the autographs and photos.

When I realized I was going to be paying about $35 for my older son to eat waffles and chicken nuggets I came to my senses and cancelled our ADRs. My ADRs now are for San Angel Inn, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and SciFi...the rest of the days we'll just do counter service or wait and eat back at the food court at Movies.

bcuinohio

Original Poster
I see a lot of recommendations for the Whispering Canyon Café. I don't see too much on the menu that my older boy would like. Maybe the roasted chicken. What do kids typically eat here? He will be 12 so he is considered an adult on the DDP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom