Restaurant Surprises?

juscet

Original Poster
Have you ever booked a meal at WDW and were just surprised how good it was? We just went in April and absolutely loved Raglan Road in DTD. The last time we went we booked Spoodles late (because it was a last minute decision) and absolutely loved it. What about you guys... ever book a meal and were just surprised how good it was?:slurp:

Yes, Nine Dragons. My sister really wanted chinese food, but I was a little unsure about it. Turned out to be awesome, and I've been craving the Honey Chicken ever since.:slurp:

tdonald

Yes, Nine Dragons. My sister really wanted chinese food, but I was a little unsure about it. Turned out to be awesome, and I've been craving the Honey Chicken ever since.:slurp:

That's really weird because that's exactly what I was going to say. I went there expecting it to be decent, but it was awesome! It's probably the least expensive WS restaurant and is one of my favorites. I'm a little sad it's closing soon, but the new restaurant will probably be pretty similar.

vilegirl

Yep. Jiko.:slurp: The first time we went there we basically did it b/c we were staying at AKL and figured...why not experience as much of the resort as possible while we're here. Now though, we have dinner there every single trip regardless of which resort we're staying at.

tdonald

I was also really surprised with Captain Cook's at the Poly. I had a really great breakfast there a while ago after it had been refurbed, and though it's counter service it was almost as good as the Kona Cafe upstairs, without the wait.

I have also been pleasantly surprised with meals at some underrated restaurants like Boatwright's Dining Hall (for breakfast only), the Biergarten, Restaurant Marrakesh, Liberty Tree Tavern, the Plaza Restaurant, Rose & Crown, Chefs de France, Hollywood Brown Derby, Yak & Yeti (try the duck!), Grand Floridian Cafe, Captain's Grille, Spoodles (great breakfast), Boma, House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Jiko (oh so good), and my all-time favorite restaurant: Artist Point (their buffalo is the greatest thing that has ever been in my mouth :slurp:).

dfrolick

It is a tradition that every time we go to Disney World the first thing we do, after check -in, is go to Nine Dragons. This year, however, it will be closed for rennovations. We were so heart broke when we found out but have booked our 2nd favorite, Japan, as a replacement.

I am sorry if I missed it but two others that I highly recommend....CANADA (steak is amazing) and Fort Wilderness lodge for breakfast.

Philo

I was vry supprised about the food at hoop de doo. Perhaps it's because I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it (the free beer probably helped!).

Coral Reef was also much nicer than I expected

conntom

Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada for years I pass this restaurant buy in 2005 I went in
and the food was great very very good. For me its one of the best. I love Nine Dragons very good food to.

yankspy

The ones that come to mind are the Garden grove cafe in the swan, the Grand Floridian cafe and Artist Point. There are many others that I enjoy immensely but they were no surprise.

KingStefan

We ate at the Turf Club Bar and Grill at the Saratoge Springs Resort & Spa, just because we didn't want to leave our resort that night, because we were tired, and it turned out to be absolutely fabulous. On some our next trips, we may just make an effort to get over there even if we're staying at another resort.

Goofyque'

Mama Melrose. We don't often see a good review, but have always had great meals there; our last trip it yielded the best steak of the vacation!

NikonJim

Jiko

Jiko - A great experience from start to finish. The setting was nice and quiet, the flat bread was unique and the oak grilled steak on macaroni and cheese was heavenly. A Great dinner for 2!

KingStefan

Of course there's V&As, but that wasn't a surprise. When you pay that much, you expect miracles. But is was worth every penny.

sarabi

Sunshine Seasons seems to just get better and better each time we go. The flatbreads are out of this world. And the goat cheese and beet salad..... yummmmm....

Also, I wasn't expecting much of Coral Reef from reviews I'd read, but it was excellent.

Flying Fish was probably the best food I had. I'm even comparing that to Cali Grill.

jtwyatt

Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada for years I pass this restaurant buy in 2005 I went in
and the food was great very very good. For me its one of the best. I love Nine Dragons very good food to.

I agree with Le Cellier..My family and I passed it for many years, we tried it for the first time back in 2004..and fell in love with it. Judging by the difficluty to get a priority seating, I feel many other may agree with us.

I have never tried Nine Dragons...is it really that good??

LoriMistress

Restaurant Marrakesh was excellent. I thought the food would be at least alright, and my DH was having doubts. It was one of the best meals we had on property. The soup was the BEST!!! My DH was trying to steal my soup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom