Restaurant Suggestions Needed

JoMarch

Original Poster
Hello,

I will be going back to Disney World in October. Each time, I try to select different restaurants to dine at. Except for the Signature Restaurants, I’ve done practically all the rest…. The Signature places are very enticing, but for me, the minute I have to change out of my t-shirt and shorts, it’s no longer a vacation.

Off the top of my head here are some of the places I’ve dined before:

Grand Floridian Café
Boma
Sanaa
‘Ohana
Kona Cafe
The Wave
Shutters
Maya Grill
Whispering Canyon Café
Captain’s Grille
Tony’s Townsquare
Chef de France
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Rose and Crown
Teppan Edo
Nine Dragons
Le Cellier
50’s Prime Time
Mama Melrose

Am I missing some little gem?

Fla_Purls

For a non-signature restaurant, almost anything I'd probably list as a 'can't miss' is already on your list.

Tusker House has a pretty good buffet - I've heard there's a good breakfast there too but I've only done lunch and a grand gathering dinner there.

Sci-Fi Drive In is good if only for the atmosphere. The food is just so-so but the place is just so much fun.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

flpropmgr

Consider Yak & Yeti at AK. Also, a nice little get-away is to pick up a sandwich or cheese plate at Boulangerie Pâtisserie in the France pavilion (couple it with a Grand Marnier slushie).

minnielaw

I would suggest Via Napoli, Kouzzina, Coral Reef (for atmosphere mainly, the food is iffy), Beaches and Cream (awesome ice cream and burgers) and the DTD restaurants....Wolfgang Pucks (CS), Portobello, Raglan Road, Futon's Crab House, etc.

Hope this helps! Sounds like you have dined at lots of great places already.

Cosmic Commando

You could also try eating at different times at the same restaurants. I always hear good things about dinner at Kona and Ohana, but I've only eaten at both of those places for breakfast (also good at both!). I'll also second Via Napoli: the pizza tastes fresher than I ever thought pizza could taste! I've also eaten at Yak & Yeti, which I liked.

Just thinking of places now that I didn't see on your list:
Liberty Tree?
Hacienda de San Angel?

Spikerdink

I have always enjoyed Boatrights (did I spell that correctly?) at Port Orleans....never had a bad meal and I love walking around the grounds of the hotel and then taking the boat to DTD afterward...

minbrad

We really enjoy Raglan Road. The atmosphere is great as well as the food and service...it's been on our "must-do" list every year! I'll also throw my vote in for Via Napoli...great pizza!

flavious27

Hello,

I will be going back to Disney World in October. Each time, I try to select different restaurants to dine at. Except for the Signature Restaurants, I’ve done practically all the rest…. The Signature places are very enticing, but for me, the minute I have to change out of my t-shirt and shorts, it’s no longer a vacation.

Grand Floridian Café
Boma
Sanaa
‘Ohana
Kona Cafe
The Wave
Shutters
Maya Grill
Whispering Canyon Café
Captain’s Grille
Tony’s Townsquare
Chef de France
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Rose and Crown
Teppan Edo
Nine Dragons
Le Cellier
50’s Prime Time
Mama Melrose

We like to go to trails end at least once or twice for breakfast.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello,

Grand Floridian Café
Boma
Sanaa
‘Ohana
Kona Cafe
The Wave
Shutters
Maya Grill
Whispering Canyon Café
Captain’s Grille
Tony’s Townsquare
Chef de France
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Rose and Crown
Teppan Edo
Nine Dragons
Le Cellier
50’s Prime Time
Mama Melrose

It seems like you are avoiding Character Experiences? We like bfast and dinner at 1900 Park Fare for Character interaction. Chef Mickey too. Also Crystal Palace is good. Yak and Yeti is super yummy at AK. Via Napoli in Italy is good too! I know you mentioned Signature experiences but Cali Grill is super good.

copcarguyp71

Crystal Palace is one of our all-time faves! Shuffle over to the kids section of the buffet and grab up some puffed french toast. I have been known to eat more than my fair share of that wonderful stuff!

DizneyPryncess

Grand Floridian Café
Boma
Sanaa
‘Ohana
Kona Cafe
The Wave
Shutters
Maya Grill
Whispering Canyon Café
Captain’s Grille
Tony’s Townsquare
Chef de France
San Angel
Tutto Italia
Rose and Crown
Teppan Edo
Nine Dragons
Le Cellier
50’s Prime Time
Mama Melrose

Ditto on the Crystal Palace & Chef Mickey's suggestions. Also, I really like the Tokyo Dining in Japan. It shares the building with Teppan Edo, but has a different menu & isn't cooked on your table. The tempura is amazing. We try to have lunch here at least once per trip.

Sweet Melissa

I will say that unless it's a personal comfort thing (I know I generally prefer to be overdressed), you don't have to change out of your tee-shirt and shorts for the signature restaurants. As long as the shorts aren't cutoffs and the tee-shirt doesn't have objectionable graphics or language, you're complying with the dress code.

For non-signature dining experiences that we enjoy, I'll second Kouzzina, the Coral Reef, Boatwright's, Raglan Road and Portobello. I'll also add that the Cabana Bar at the Dolphin is a great little casual lunch spot.

PolynesianPrincess

I agree with Via Napoli! The best pizza I've ever had (let the lynching begin now that I said that!! lol) Also have you tried Sanaa? We are trying it next month based on rave reviews we've heard. I'm not big into spicey foods but I'm going to give it a go. The bread appetizer with the different chutneys and stuff looks delish!! :slurp:

real mad hatter

Whoo Hoo!

Our last ADR is for Via Napoli this year on our last night:cry:And were gonna split a BIG pizza for three hungry amigos before saying goodbye to MK.and our second last ADR is Sanna.We just love Indian cuisine,the spicier the nicer,I'll worry about the diet when I get home.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom