Restaurant suggestions for MGM please

NiarrNDisney

Sorry pet peeve! It's DHS not MGM

As for restaurants, My favorite is the Hollywood Brown Derby with Mama Melrose's as a close second!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
50's prime time has always been my favorite. Sci fi has great atmosphere but I have never been blown away by the food.

LarryStoken

Original Poster
Sorry pet peeve! It's DHS not MGM

As for restaurants, My favorite is the Hollywood Brown Derby with Mama Melrose's as a close second!
I think according to the Dining Plan, the Brown Derby counts as two Table Sevice. I think I only have one TS left to book. Is Mama Melrose 1 TS? and it that also at MGM?

swimmom

We haven't been all that impressed by the restaurants at DHS. When usually make a late ADR in World Showcase at one of our many favorites - LeCellier, Tokyo Dining or Restaurant Marrakesh.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think according to the Dining Plan, the Brown Derby counts as two Table Sevice. I think I only have one TS left to book. Is Mama Melrose 1 TS? and it that also at MGM?
You are correct on both accounts. BD is 2 TS credits and MM is 1 and both are at DHS.

LarryStoken

Original Poster
We haven't been all that impressed by the restaurants at DHS. When usually make a late ADR in World Showcase at one of our many favorites - LeCellier, Tokyo Dining or Restaurant Marrakesh.
That is the feedback I have heard from others as well. Is there another restaurant outside of MGM that you would recommend? I plan on spending the whole day in the park and I have a bunch of little kids with me, so it is hard to be very mobile. Is there a decent Disney restaurant that I should target that is near MGM?
Thanks

swimmom

That is the feedback I have heard from others as well. Is there another restaurant outside of MGM that you would recommend? I plan on spending the whole day in the park and I have a bunch of little kids with me, so it is hard to be very mobile. Is there a decent Disney restaurant that I should target that is near MGM?
Thanks

When by DD was young we went to Hollywood & Vine because it was a buffet and takes less time then a normal table service restaurant. But we haven't been in a long time so I can't say how good the food is?!?!? DD is now 20, so a boat ride to the World Showcase for dinner is more to her liking.

LarryStoken

Original Poster
When by DD was young we went to Hollywood & Vine because it was a buffet and takes less time then a normal table service restaurant. But we haven't been in a long time so I can't say how good the food is?!?!? DD is now 20, so a boat ride to the World Showcase for dinner is more to her liking.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what a DD is..

Dining plan Dinner, perhaps?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm sorry, I don't understand what a DD is..

Dining plan Dinner, perhaps?
"Dear" or "Disney" Daughter...

A Disney forum shortcut.

I personally really enjoy Brown Derby [yes, it's two credits]. Second choice is Hollywood and Vine.

SuzieN

50's Primetime and Sci-Fi Dine-In are 2 of my very favorite restaurants in all of Walt Disney World!!! While it may not be gourmet fare the food is tasty and the theming is awesome!!! I bet your kids would like either one - mine love them!!!

wdwwdeagle

I was thinking of hopping over to the Cape May Cafe for the dinner seafood buffet. It looks close to MGM.

Is it good?
My 2pennies:

-we've been to Hollywood and Vine about a year ago w/ DD 11 at the time, and DS who was 9 at the time. We all enjoyed it and want to go back. They have kid-friendly items and good "grown up" food, as well. The buffet makes it nice if you have several mouths to feed who may not have the same tastes (you said you were going to be w/several kids, so maybe it will fit the bill).

-check out the menu for the cape may buffet before you decide for sure. I have toyed with going, but I'm not sure my kids would eat the seafood they have on that particular buffet. They have steamed clams, broiled fish and cocktail (cold) peel/eat shrimp (from what I can tell). We tend to eat more crab legs and fried/grilled shrimp if we eat seafood. Again, if you are with kids, you may want to make sure they'll eat what is offered on the buffet before you go.

You can check out menus on both this forum and allears.net

NiarrNDisney

Yes! according to the Disney Dining Plan the Hollywood Brown Derby is two TS credits. I think you will find then that Mama Melrose's which is 1 TS credit and is alos located in DHS will be a wonderful alternative.

corey154

I liked Mama Melrose when I ate there, it's been a few years but they had really good fire roasted pizzas and yummy pasta. I rarely eat table service though so I'm not a good one to ask. I usually just grab something quick from the pizza joint.

DisneyGigi

Brown Derby is my favorite at DHS but if I couldn't go with that I would choose Mama Melrose. (If you want to stay at DHS) It isn't great but it isn't bad either.

I did not care for Hollywood & Vine at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom